There is no answer to that because of the following:
1. What do you consider 'expensive'. There are decent rims for $30.00 on danscomp.com (the Alex Supra G). But, they may be heavier, weaker, or not of the highest quality for your liking.
2. Do you want it to be a light rim for racing or flatland?
3. Do you need the strength for severe street?
4. Do you have brakes and want a chrome plated rim?
5. Do you DEMAND a black rim?
In my opininion one of the coolest rims out right now are the Odyssey Duralectric which provides a finish that is similar to chrome plating, but is available in black and other colors. The rim is EXPENSIVE, so no bargain there, but it is built to very high quality standards and offers an excellent braking surface in a non-shiny finish.
On the other hand, those Alex Supras listed earlier are chrome plated 48's for a really good price.
The Hula Hoops aren't a bargain by a long shot. They fit in with a lot of other very good rims at 50 bucks a pop. That's not a bargain, but they have a proven track record for quality.
As for me, I run Araya Super 7x ($45.00 on flatlandfuel) which is one of the best flatland rims made. Lightweight, good strength, welded seam, excellent chrome plating, and handles 110PSI in the tires like it is nothing. I will probably go with Duralectrics next time around though... They are really cool and seem top notch quality.