Daniel Crawford is a young man working at my place of employment. He is planning to participate in The Ride to Conquer Cancer this summer. This is a two day ride that will cover over 200 km. Proceeds from this event will go to the Family Cancer Research Institute at The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation. I’m tickled to see him want to participate this way. A worthy cause for anyone personally touched by this disease. Honestly I can’t think of anyone who hasn’t been.
One of the requirements for each participant in this event is to raise a minimum of $2500. Daniel’s goal is loftier than that. He is hoping to raise $3500. He has his work cut out for him. All of his co-workers including yours truly are pitching in to help him reach that goal. As part of that effort I have added a “Sponsor Daniel” button to my cycling blog and linked it to The Ride to Conquer Cancer website. Hopefully the Kincyclists can play a part in Daniel reaching that goal and making a difference.
To donate online:
1. Click the link to http://kincycling.blogspot.com in my signature. Instructions are repeated there.
2. Click the orange Sponsor Daniel button on the left hand side of the page.
3. Click on Ontario
4. In the left hand column under “Welcome Visitors”, click “Donate”
5. Type in “Daniel” in the first name field and “Crawford” in the last name field. Then click the “Find Participant” button.
6. In the participant list click on “Daniel Crawford”.
7. Then click “Sponsor Daniel Crawford”.
8. Then just follow the on screen instructions.
The website will provide options for making donations through the regular mail as well.
If you happen to know other participants in this event by all means sponsor them. Cancer is a horrible disease and beating it is definitely a worthy cause. I don’t think it matters that much who is getting sponsored by whom.