I'm an experienced cyclist but a fundraising noob. I've signed up to ride in the Tour de Cure in June through work, and I could use some advice on getting donations. Family and friend support is no problem; most of my questions are around coworkers and others. I do have a few questions:
- Do canned mass emails from the event site work?
- Have people had success going to their superiors at work? How far up the chain?
- What percentage of donations come in through the event website (your page)?
- There's a fair amount of corporate email requesting community volunteers, blood drives, etc. How do I stand out?
- Are there ways to get support from strangers?
Any other tips?