The 2nd Annual Brita Climate Ride invites you to pedal your way to a new energy future!
More than two hundred cyclists will join together from September 26 - 30, 2009 to embark on a journey from New York City to the steps of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC. We’ll be making a powerful statement about the need for renewable energy and climate change awareness throughout this beautiful 300-mile bicycle ride.
As a valued member of the green community, we invite you to participate in this historic event. Here are five good reasons why you’ll want to sign up:
Be Part of a Grassroots Effort
– You’ll meet everyone from knowledgeable renewable energy experts, scientists and climate activists, to recent college graduates and everyday folks committed to making a difference.
Make an Important Statement
– As you wind through the Delaware River Valley, Valley Forge, and Amish Country, your congressional representatives await your arrival at our nation’s Capitol. There, you’ll have the opportunity to voice your concerns and encourage action.
It’s a Climate Conference on Wheels
– Hear informative talks each evening after a day of enthusiastic cycling through beautiful countryside. Discuss climate science, green technology, and solutions to the climate crisis while re-energizing for the next day’s ride.
The Time is Now
– We’re at a climatic tipping point. With the upcoming COP15 United Nations Climate Change Conference
in Copenhagen in December, the 2009 Brita Climate Ride is more timely than ever.
– This unforgettable, fully-supported event allows you the chance to unite with fellow cyclists while having the time of your life. Experienced leaders mind all the logistics, so you can strike up new friendships, network, and engage in stimulating conversation.
Are you ready to ride? Take five minutes to explore www.ClimateRide.org
. We've posted photos
from the 2008 Ride that will entice and excite you – we guarantee it! Mark your calendar and register here
. For a limited time, early registrants will receive a discounted sign-up fee of $60 (regularly $100) through May 1st. We have a number of fundraising prizes and incentives this year including an all-expense paid trip to the COP15 Conference in Denmark!
The Brita Climate Ride supports essential climate and bike projects at three beneficiary organizations. Rails-to-Trails Conservancy , Focus the Nation and Clean Air – Cool Planet . When you become a 2009 Climate Rider your fundraising effort (minimum $2,400) helps support their projects. In order to accommodate more riders, we’ve doubled the number of available openings to 250. They will fill up fast, so register
today, and we'll see you there!