Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Palm Springs, Ca
Bikes: 2008 SCOTT CR1 PRO, 1988 SCHWINN super sport, 1989 CALFEE/CARBONFRAMES SAPPHIRE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1ST EVER -Patriot Ride For Our Heroes, LA QUINTA CA ( NEAR PALM SPRINGS)100,50,25,10
Patriot Ride For Our Heroes was born last fall when Tim Esser took his personal ride to Twenty-Nine Palms with several wounded marines to deliver the American Flag. Their spark, energy, and enthusiasm set this new ride ablaze. Growing up with a father who was D-8 (8th day on Normandy), and a mother who was very involved with the USO, Tim has always wanted to have a ride that will benefit local charities associated with Active Military, Veterans, Fire, & Police, hence the Patriot Ride!
The event will be held in Old Town La Quinta, on October 26, 2013.
A bicycle event with hundreds / thousands of active military, veterans and other cyclists experiencing:
• Staged in the middle of Old Town La Quinta draped in a theme of red, white and blue
• Up to 400 marching band / choir members singings ALL military medley themes as riders are staged at start
• Fly over of law enforcement / military air craft at the start
• Cycling through military vehicles, fire / police cars and several hundred or MORE parked motorcycles with American flags
mounted on them.
• Cycling thru several thousand American flags mounted on poles along the routes.
• Free food, energy drinks and entertainment at rest stops along several hundred miles of routes
• Large vendor expo Over 70 committee and media/marketing personnel attended the first kick-off meeting. The outpouring of support has been second to none, and?we anticipate a fun-filled day on October the 26th! We look forward to seeing you there! Please tell your friends and family!