Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 413
  1. #376
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    gt quatrefoil, gt arette
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a non-flipper, I am going to throw my two cents in and say, I like flippers. Honestly, without people actively searching for, fixing up and selling, there is a lot of cool steel that would never be ridden. That it might make it harder for some people who are not in the business and feel that they are crimping their style, but honestly, to bad. Flippers provide a great service to the majority of the population.

    So thanks!

    I also like this thread - very informative!

  2. #377
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah in some markets, flippers are the ones that keep the wheels turning. But in victoria, even old steel bikes are often advertised for 200 bucks. And then we end up with some flippers that snap up the good deals just so they can put the bike back up the next day fro 200 dollars more just because they no people have no choice but to pay more if they want a bike. It makes it hard to get good deals, and it really drives the prices up. Basically any bike around here thats a good deal, you have to get to it within hours or its gone

  3. #378
    Senior Member Dave Cutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    in my recliner
    Posts
    2,519
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WynnT View Post
    ............ Basically any bike around here thats a good deal, you have to get to it within hours or its gone
    The same could be same about cars, homes, whatever. Everyone is always ready to jump on a deal. Don't assume the lucky buyer is a flipper.... although many do work hard to fine the good deals.

    I wouldn't call myself a flipper! I do however like to wrench on classic old vintage bicycles for fun. And then... after a period of time and enjoyment I do sell the bikes. But I have also given away a couple as well. It's not profit that motivates me. Every "good deal" I've found (a couple within minutes of being posted on CL)..... needed real repairs and TLC.

    Pretty much every dollar I've earned recycling these old classics I've put right back into other bicycle equipment.

  4. #379
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cutter View Post
    The same could be same about cars, homes, whatever. Everyone is always ready to jump on a deal. Don't assume the lucky buyer is a flipper.... although many do work hard to fine the good deals.

    I wouldn't call myself a flipper! I do however like to wrench on classic old vintage bicycles for fun. And then... after a period of time and enjoyment I do sell the bikes. But I have also given away a couple as well. It's not profit that motivates me. Every "good deal" I've found (a couple within minutes of being posted on CL)..... needed real repairs and TLC.

    Pretty much every dollar I've earned recycling these old classics I've put right back into other bicycle equipment.
    +1

    As someone that does flip bikes...well...I more often tear down and distribute the parts...I guess I am a parts distributor more than a flipper...but...I do, occasionally, flip bikes as well...particularly when there is one that is well done...

    Anyway...I find that "us flippers" are NOT the ones that drive up prices (well, there are a few in the Atlanta area that do stupid things!)...but...the people that buy bikes without knowing their real value. I have seen very marginal, Hi Ten bikes go for $500 or more here in the Atlanta area...bikes whose value was more like $50 (think Schwinn Varsity level...and I like the Varsity, it is just not worth that). Having lived in NH for 3 years...and finding it to be a very good market (near Boston) for buying/trading/selling bikes...Atlanta is much higher priced...and, IMHO, it is due to disposable income and buying bikes are inflated prices...but...as a form of "flipper"...I cannot afford to do that.
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix, 62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak, 62 Raleigh Gran Sport, 70 Raleigh International, 72 Raleigh Professional, 72 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 73 Schwinn Super Sport, 80 Raleigh Super Course, 81 Miyata 1000, 81 Austro Daimler Vent Noir II, 85 Bianchi Veloce, 85 Tommasini Prestige, 86 Raleigh Competition, 87 Team Miyata, 88 Schwinn Ontare, 89 Masi Team 3V, 91 Tommasso SL-56, 92 Bridgestone RB-1, 92 Bridgestone RB-T, 93 Bridgestone XO-1, 05 Pinarello Surprise

  5. #380
    Still learning oddjob2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North of Canada, Adirondacks, NNJ
    My Bikes
    Too many
    Posts
    6,285
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    Anyway...I find that "us flippers" are NOT the ones that drive up prices (well, there are a few in the Atlanta area that do stupid things!)...but...the people that buy bikes without knowing their real value. I have seen very marginal, Hi Ten bikes go for $500 or more here in the Atlanta area...bikes whose value was more like $50 (think Schwinn Varsity level...and I like the Varsity, it is just not worth that). Having lived in NH for 3 years...and finding it to be a very good market (near Boston) for buying/trading/selling bikes...Atlanta is much higher priced...and, IMHO, it is due to disposable income and buying bikes are inflated prices...but...as a form of "flipper"...I cannot afford to do that.
    Do you have actual knowledge that the high tensile bikes are being sold for the asking prices? That info would have to come from from the buyer and/or seller. Otherwise, you're just like the CL sellers who find a BBC ad on ebay and assume that is what the bike FMV should be, rather look at closed and sold transactions. For example, there is a local CL ad for a Centurion Ironman single speed for $950. Does that make it FMV? Obviously not.

    Even ebay is subject to overstating, because I locally pick up bikes rather than pay $40-$100 shipping fees. The other day I bid and won a bike at $80, but upon inspection there were issues and we made the deal at $40. But the sale on ebay is reported at $80.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2015 Additions: 2001 Eddy Merckx AX Titanium, 1981 Peugeot PKN10, 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert

  6. #381
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrk101 View Post
    I find silly high prices on C/L HELP me sell bikes. I had a Shogun I was selling for $200 earlier this year. Some nut was asking $450 for the same bike. So a buyer shows up, looks at my bike, asks why I am not asking more? I told him, well, I could charge you $300 if you would like, but I am fine with $200. He was happy, I was happy.

    The more overpriced and underprepared bikes are on C/L, the better mine look with nice preparation and realistic prices.
    for or the selling side, I wholeheartedly agree...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix, 62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak, 62 Raleigh Gran Sport, 70 Raleigh International, 72 Raleigh Professional, 72 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 73 Schwinn Super Sport, 80 Raleigh Super Course, 81 Miyata 1000, 81 Austro Daimler Vent Noir II, 85 Bianchi Veloce, 85 Tommasini Prestige, 86 Raleigh Competition, 87 Team Miyata, 88 Schwinn Ontare, 89 Masi Team 3V, 91 Tommasso SL-56, 92 Bridgestone RB-1, 92 Bridgestone RB-T, 93 Bridgestone XO-1, 05 Pinarello Surprise

  7. #382
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddjob2 View Post
    Do you have actual knowledge that the high tensile bikes are being sold for the asking prices? That info would have to come from from the buyer and/or seller. Otherwise, you're just like the CL sellers who find a BBC ad on ebay and assume that is what the bike FMV should be, rather look at closed and sold transactions. For example, there is a local CL ad for a Centurion Ironman single speed for $950. Does that make it FMV? Obviously not.

    Even ebay is subject to overstating, because I locally pick up bikes rather than pay $40-$100 shipping fees. The other day I bid and won a bike at $80, but upon inspection there were issues and we made the deal at $40. But the sale on ebay is reported at $80.
    i ALWAYS refer to sold prices...not inflated wishes
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix, 62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak, 62 Raleigh Gran Sport, 70 Raleigh International, 72 Raleigh Professional, 72 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 73 Schwinn Super Sport, 80 Raleigh Super Course, 81 Miyata 1000, 81 Austro Daimler Vent Noir II, 85 Bianchi Veloce, 85 Tommasini Prestige, 86 Raleigh Competition, 87 Team Miyata, 88 Schwinn Ontare, 89 Masi Team 3V, 91 Tommasso SL-56, 92 Bridgestone RB-1, 92 Bridgestone RB-T, 93 Bridgestone XO-1, 05 Pinarello Surprise

  8. #383
    Senior Member curbtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area, East bay
    My Bikes
    Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
    Posts
    3,226
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to laugh at this guy at a recent community garage sale. He had a dodge van and would pull up to each house, jump out, run up with a frenzied look on his face and ask if they had any bikes. I told him some guy in a ford truck had come through about ten minutes earlier. You'd have thought I plucked his heart out.
    “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.”
    ― George Orwell

  9. #384
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbtender View Post
    I had to laugh at this guy at a recent community garage sale. He had a dodge van and would pull up to each house, jump out, run up with a frenzied look on his face and ask if they had any bikes. I told him some guy in a ford truck had come through about ten minutes earlier. You'd have thought I plucked his heart out.
    LOL...I have met "that guy" as well...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix, 62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak, 62 Raleigh Gran Sport, 70 Raleigh International, 72 Raleigh Professional, 72 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 73 Schwinn Super Sport, 80 Raleigh Super Course, 81 Miyata 1000, 81 Austro Daimler Vent Noir II, 85 Bianchi Veloce, 85 Tommasini Prestige, 86 Raleigh Competition, 87 Team Miyata, 88 Schwinn Ontare, 89 Masi Team 3V, 91 Tommasso SL-56, 92 Bridgestone RB-1, 92 Bridgestone RB-T, 93 Bridgestone XO-1, 05 Pinarello Surprise

  10. #385
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    My Bikes
    1998 Litespeed Ultimate, 1998 Cannondale F400
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody noticed differences in how fast certain sizes of bikes sell? I found a 88 Schwinn LeTour that I think I can get pretty cheap but it is a 19" and I ride closer to a 24". I just ride the bikes Ive flipped so far until they sell. Since this one is so small, I couldn't do that and am afraid I'll get stuck with a tiny bike that I can't use. I live in an apartment so space is a bigger issue than the $30 investment.

  11. #386
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    22,408
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Countdown48 View Post
    Has anybody noticed differences in how fast certain sizes of bikes sell? I found a 88 Schwinn LeTour that I think I can get pretty cheap but it is a 19" and I ride closer to a 24". I just ride the bikes Ive flipped so far until they sell. Since this one is so small, I couldn't do that and am afraid I'll get stuck with a tiny bike that I can't use. I live in an apartment so space is a bigger issue than the $30 investment.
    My experience is that smaller bikes sell better. I'm not sure how that varies, though. I had a lot of women buying from me in my bike flipping days.
    I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter. --Blaise Pascal

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  12. #387
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    My Bikes
    1998 Litespeed Ultimate, 1998 Cannondale F400
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noglider View Post
    My experience is that smaller bikes sell better. I'm not sure how that varies, though. I had a lot of women buying from me in my bike flipping days.

    Thanks for the help. I bought it for 30, cleaned it up a little bit and resold it for 65 in less than half a day. I priced it low because I was a little afraid it wouldn't sell but now I wish I had asked for a little more. I was amazed at how fast I got responses for such a small bike.

  13. #388
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    22,408
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, that worked out well for you. Now you can do better next time one comes along. I'm not sure why, but I had a lot of success selling bikes to women.
    I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter. --Blaise Pascal

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  14. #389
    Still learning oddjob2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North of Canada, Adirondacks, NNJ
    My Bikes
    Too many
    Posts
    6,285
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noglider View Post
    Well, that worked out well for you. Now you can do better next time one comes along. I'm not sure why, but I had a lot of success selling bikes to women.
    It's the handlebar moustache Tom!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2015 Additions: 2001 Eddy Merckx AX Titanium, 1981 Peugeot PKN10, 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert

  15. #390
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    22,408
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    !
    I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter. --Blaise Pascal

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  16. #391
    Senior Member Velocivixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Great Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    1974-1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 1985 Nishiki Riviera Mixte, 2011 Surly Cross Check, 1992 Specizlized Hardrock, 1987 Miyata One Twelve Mixte, 1955 Phillips, '88 Rockhopper Comp, '90 Trek 930
    Posts
    1,910
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only sold one bike so far. I have a question about what information to give when selling a bike. For example I had my 1986 Fuji Sundance for sale. I mentioned the size, lugged steel, the year (hoping to appeal to the vintage loving), and ALL the things I did to the bike - a list. Only had one guy come test ride. I started at a certain price, and ended up lowering it quite a bit. So I'm wondering if I had too much information in the CL ad. Maybe I should have just said something like "all bearings cleaned, lubed and adjusted" versus listing out headset, wheel hubs, bottom bracket, etc. Maybe for the uninitiated that much information would be too overwhelming. I usually mention make/model, year, size, aluminum rims, drivetrain components, and if anything is "new" like tires, etc. I feel like I could use some advice. I've read online articles about how to sell on CL. I live in the Portland, OR market which is hot.

    Thanks.

  17. #392
    Senior Member curbtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area, East bay
    My Bikes
    Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
    Posts
    3,226
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you just have to have patience. People jump on the deals right away. A bike priced correct will get compared to other bikes in the area by a serious buyer. If you set a bottom line, stick to it.
    “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.”
    ― George Orwell

  18. #393
    Senior Member Velocivixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Great Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    1974-1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 1985 Nishiki Riviera Mixte, 2011 Surly Cross Check, 1992 Specizlized Hardrock, 1987 Miyata One Twelve Mixte, 1955 Phillips, '88 Rockhopper Comp, '90 Trek 930
    Posts
    1,910
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbtender View Post
    Sometimes you just have to have patience. People jump on the deals right away. A bike priced correct will get compared to other bikes in the area by a serious buyer. If you set a bottom line, stick to it.
    Thanks for the advice. It's raining here in Oregon so lots of people who ride bikes when it's nice out won't want to buy. I'll revamp my ad though and see what happens.

  19. #394
    Still learning oddjob2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North of Canada, Adirondacks, NNJ
    My Bikes
    Too many
    Posts
    6,285
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Essentials are approximate age, frame material, size, suggested height of rider. List what you've done and what you've replaced. Most don't care or no enough about components. Also, if you are selling to a carless hipster, offer to deliver if convenient. Here are examples of mine:

    Cannondale SR400

    "A 1986 high performance Cannondale road bike made in the USA that is light, fast, and has responsive handling. All aluminum frame, chromoly steel fork, 58cm, for the rider from 5'9" to 6'1". Navy paint in very good vintage condition, but for one spot on left side down tube near bottom bracket (see photo). Suntour Cyclone 12 speed group, Dia Compe caliper brakes, 700c alloy rims, mounted with 23mm tires in very good condition. Tuned, wheel bearings replaced, rims trued, new grip tape, and ready to ride."

    Motobecane Jubilee Sport

    "Lightweight steel framed bicycle perfect for Slow Roll or commuting. Columbus steel frame with internal lugs, 52cm seat tube and 31" stand over height, for the rider from about 5'5"-5'9". Chromed fork is original to the bike. Bike has been stripped to frame and rebuilt. Components ultrasonically washed and polished. New components include: tires, tubes, handlebar, grips, brake levers, brake shoes, stainless brake cables, stainless shifter cables, new housing. New bearings in wheel hubs, bottom bracket, and headset. Shimano ARX rear derailleur and 10 speeds.Cash only, please include zip code in response."

    PX10

    "What fashion conscious woman of breeding on a Dutch bike or Mixte can resist a tall man riding an elegant French racing bike on the Westside Highway bike path, Brooklyn Bridge, or in Central Park? She will undoubtably want to take a selfie with the devilishy handsome bike and statuesque owner, or with the devilishy handsome owner and statuesque bike. She'll run her fingers over the smooth leather saddle, fondle the down tube shifters saying it takes a real man to learn how to handle friction shifters, and give your tubular tires a squeeze and squeal in delight how firm they are. She'll bend over in a halfway lift to examine the Campagnolo hubs and to signal she's hot for you. Then she will tell you when she was at Barnard, NYU, Smith or Mt. Holyoke, that she dreamed about touring France's wine country via Mixte with a man on a PX10. Next she'll flip over to an Urdhva Dhanurasan to suggest you and her should rush over on impulse via ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Don't forget to stop first to buy a bottle of fine bubbly or white Bordeaux, but don't leave the PX10 unattended for a minute in Manhattan. Finally, she'll want your phone number to text you.

    On the other hand, if you already have a partner or spouse, every time you say you’re going for a ride on the PX10, they’ll want to join you because they fear too many others will want to hit on a man lucky enough to own a PX10.

    This is the real deal, a Peugeot PX10 from the early 1970’s, made in France, imported from Michigan. Prior to my acquiring it, it is a one owner bicycle, bought by a man right out of college. I acquired this last summer, but just picked up another PX10 which fits me better.

    You can see from the photos that the Reynolds 531 steel frame is in very good used condition. Stronglight cranks, Lyotard pedals, Christophe toeclips, Stronglight headset, Mafac "Racer" brakes and levers, Campagnolo Record hubs and skewers, tubular rims (no decals), AVA stem and handlebars."



    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2015 Additions: 2001 Eddy Merckx AX Titanium, 1981 Peugeot PKN10, 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert

  20. #395
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    22,408
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people like technical explanations but descriptions that appeal to emotions might be a better bet.
    I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter. --Blaise Pascal

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  21. #396
    johnliu@earthlink.net jyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    61 Bianchi Specialissima 71 Peugeot G50 7? P'geot PX10 74 Raleigh GranSport 75 P'geot UO8 78? Raleigh Team Pro 82 P'geot PSV 86 P'geot PX 91 Bridgestone MB0 92 B'stone XO1 97 Rans VRex 92 Cannondale R1000 94 B'stone MB5 97 Vitus 997
    Posts
    4,895
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocivixen View Post
    I have only sold one bike so far. I have a question about what information to give when selling a bike. For example I had my 1986 Fuji Sundance for sale. I mentioned the size, lugged steel, the year (hoping to appeal to the vintage loving), and ALL the things I did to the bike - a list. Only had one guy come test ride. I started at a certain price, and ended up lowering it quite a bit. So I'm wondering if I had too much information in the CL ad. Maybe I should have just said something like "all bearings cleaned, lubed and adjusted" versus listing out headset, wheel hubs, bottom bracket, etc. Maybe for the uninitiated that much information would be too overwhelming. I usually mention make/model, year, size, aluminum rims, drivetrain components, and if anything is "new" like tires, etc. I feel like I could use some advice. I've read online articles about how to sell on CL. I live in the Portland, OR market which is hot.

    Thanks.
    @Velocivixen, I have an idea for some fun, if you're willing. Post a couple pics of the bike and the ad you wrote. Then others among is can take a try at writing the ad that they would use to sell the bike. I'd like to see what the experienced flippers might write; and how Tom works his ladykilling mustache into it. I myself am a complete novice in selling bikes.
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be

  22. #397
    Senior Member Velocivixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Great Pacific Northwest
    My Bikes
    1974-1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 1985 Nishiki Riviera Mixte, 2011 Surly Cross Check, 1992 Specizlized Hardrock, 1987 Miyata One Twelve Mixte, 1955 Phillips, '88 Rockhopper Comp, '90 Trek 930
    Posts
    1,910
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jyl View Post
    @Velocivixen, I have an idea for some fun, if you're willing. Post a couple pics of the bike and the ad you wrote. Then others among is can take a try at writing the ad that they would use to sell the bike. I'd like to see what the experienced flippers might write; and how Tom works his ladykilling mustache into it. I myself am a complete novice in selling bikes.
    Okay, I can do that. But I don't want to hijack this thread. You know.....It's not all about me. And yes Tom @noglider, has a very handsome and well coiffed mustache.

    @noglider - I adjusted the ad and talked about how it's cyclocross season here and wouldn't it be great to smoke your buddies riding a vintage lugged bike. Tried to appeal to the "guy" crowd. Cyclocross is winding down though. A female bike mechanic in town told me that she's noticed that bikes sell better in the middle of the month (no worries about rent money), on sunny days and don't price over about $400, of course unless it's a real high end rig. Those are her observations selling bikes in the Portland market.

  23. #398
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    22,408
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heh. I made some mistakes trimming it this week, so it's much smaller for a while.
    I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter. --Blaise Pascal

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  24. #399
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Have a Fuji S12-s LTD left by tennant want to sell..... Whats it worth?

    My name is john. I have a Fuji s12-s LTD in decent shape want to get my damages out of it. Please let me know what its worth or what someone will pay for quick sale. Im from Michigan.
    Last edited by 10 Wheels; 01-04-15 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Removing phone number

  25. #400
    Senior Member curbtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area, East bay
    My Bikes
    Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
    Posts
    3,226
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johns2084 View Post
    My name is john. I have a Fuji s12-s LTD in decent shape want to get my damages out of it. Please let me know what its worth or what someone will pay for quick sale. Im from Michigan.
    There is a thread for what's it worth.. bring some pictures with you.
    “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.”
    ― George Orwell

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •