Here it is....
Lugged steel, Tange 11, frame made in Japan. As far as I can tell, it was an entry-level road bike made in the mid 80s.
• Frame is in pretty good shape, a few tiny chips here and there but generally solid.
• It's reasonably spry and comfortable for up to 100 miles on pavement.
• I've replaced a few key items, mostly around 2,000 miles ago. New chainrings, new freewheel, new shifters, newish RD, cables are in good shape.
• I upgraded it to 7 speed, and the indexed shifting actually works.
• Tires are fairly new, less than 500 miles on 'em.
• It seems like something needs to be fixed every 100-200 miles.
• Currently the rear spokes are loose, so it might need to be trued or rebuilt. Sooner or later, both wheels will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
• The bike has the original rims, so it can't use folding tires.