Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Old Bianchi Chamoione D'Italia ??

    So I had a friend in college and she needed help moving some stuff from her old house to her new dorm, so I helped her of course and in the process her grandma fell in love with me, we chatted and I helped her with her old car even, She eventually wanted to give me some money but I refused and she offered me a old bike sitting in the corner, not touched for years, she said well that ones worth money but what the heck you can take it, I took that baby and popped it in my back seat, the first place I took it was The Bike Palace its a very high end well known bike shop in San Pedro, CA. The second I walked in someone asked to buy the bike even being rusty, flat tires and cob webs, I refused and got the bike cleaned up, my friend the worker there T.J told me I got a steal and the bike was worth at least $2000.00 dollars. He said DO NOT sell a bike of this value . He said the bike was worth so much due to all original and everything was aluminum the bike is probably a couple pounds. Can someone help me get a value on this bad boy please
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $2000? I have quite a few bikes for the people who want to buy that. Just how old does your friend TJ and everyone else think it is?

    the decal style, and unicrown fork place it as an early '90s bike. to me the Ergo shiftersa dn the fact that it has DT shifter bosses narrow it down even further.

    I suspect the Campi componenets are from the Mirage. is there a name on the parts? (other than Campagnolo) what does the tubing decal say?

    can you post some better/closeup pics of the components? what brand/model are the rims?

    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Detroit area
    My Bikes
    lots
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm extremely doubting $2000. Judging by the stem/seatpost/saddle i dont think it was a top-notch race bike back in the day (unless those were just oddball parts slapped on to get it usable.). higher end? maybe.. Even so, i see no N.R. components, so i'm going to say you'd fetch (from what i can see in that picture) around 300-700 tops.

    Some will say otherwise... but i know i would not pay over $450 in its current state
    Last edited by Peacob; 08-08-11 at 03:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Detroit area
    My Bikes
    lots
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets put it this way... if this didnt tip 1500, then you're sure as hell not going to break a $1000 for the bike in your possession.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_5476wt_1093

  5. #5
    DRF aka Thrifty Bill wrk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The NC Mountains
    My Bikes
    Too many to list, all vintage
    Posts
    19,246
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But his bike only weighs a couple of pounds. Surely that will drive the value up!

  6. #6
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacob View Post
    I'm extremely doubting $2000. Judging by the stem/seatpost/saddle i dont think it was a top-notch race bike back in the day... higher end? maybe.. Even so, i see no N.R. components, so i'm going to say you'd fetch (from what i can see in that picture) around 300-700 tops.

    Some will say otherwise... but i know i would not pay over $500 in its current state
    the Campione de Italia was from the late '80s always a good solid midlevel bike, this one being no exception. N.R. was long gone as OEM parts when this bike began life on the drawing board.

    PS perhaps my reply was not clear enough that I did not feel the OPs bike was not worth $2000.

    PSS that Super Leggera from ebay is very nice looking.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all suppose to be very expensive parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Detroit area
    My Bikes
    lots
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for one, the tubing is dedacciai zero tre, which is essentially the "lowest end" of dedacciai steel, zero being #1, zero uno being #2, and zero tre being #3. Either way, its still not bad tubing, just the heaviest of the 3. As for the components, looks like some nice campy chorus brakes, headset, crankset, skewers are rusted. ...Really the rust on all the components is really killing the value.

    You should take better pictures of the entire component itself rather than just taking a picture of the campy symbol.

    You can tell it was from the late eighties because of the tubing used and the skewers.

    Now that i see the pictures, my offer on the bike would drop another 50-75$. Definitely clean it up and get better pictures, really would help us better value it for you.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacob View Post
    Well, for one, the tubing is dedacciai zero tre, which is essentially the "lowest end" of dedacciai steel, zero being #1, zero uno being #2, and zero tre being #3. Either way, its still not bad tubing, just the heaviest of the 3. As for the components, looks like some nice campy chorus brakes, headset, crankset, skewers are rusted. ...Really the rust on all the components is really killing the value.

    You should take better pictures of the entire component itself rather than just taking a picture of the campy symbol.

    You can tell it was from the late eighties because of the tubing used and the skewers.

    Now that i see the pictures, my offer on the bike would drop another 50-75$. Definitely clean it up and get better pictures, really would help us better value it for you.


    Say I cleaned this baby up made it shine like a pearl no more rust perfection condition, then what kind of value would we be talking?....there has to be somthing about the bike thats rare because when I was walking it into the bike store a elderly man instantly asked to purchase the bike , I refused knowing it must be worth alot.

    ? What could the potential value of the bike be? what pictures would you like to see

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Detroit area
    My Bikes
    lots
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As sheldon brown says here, http://sheldonbrown.com/vrbn-a-f.html#bianchi "Top-end Bianchi models from the early 60's through early 70's should be worth close to $2000."

    Obviously, thats an estimated value, some go for higher, but again, top-end 60's/70's. Late 80's was a tough time for a lot of big name bike brands, and things cheapened up, so that stuff simply isnt sought after like the earlier years.

    All cleaned up, and i'm going to assume completely clean of any rust (which i highly doubt you can ever get it to mint), but to give you a top value... Maybe 800-900, and thats IF you found the original stem and seatpost/seat/frame shifters.

    I personally wouldnt pay over 500 if that stuff isnt on the bike.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seat post is original its just been cut, everything on the bike is original, shifters high polly aluminum rims...its original

  12. #12
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offer the bike to T.J. for $1000 and see what he says then.

  13. #13
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacob View Post
    As sheldon brown says here, http://sheldonbrown.com/vrbn-a-f.html#bianchi "Top-end Bianchi models from the early 60's through early 70's should be worth close to $2000."

    Obviously, thats an estimated value, some go for higher, but again, top-end 60's/70's. Late 80's was a tough time for a lot of big name bike brands, and things cheapened up, so that stuff simply isnt sought after like the earlier years.

    All cleaned up, and i'm going to assume completely clean of any rust (which i highly doubt you can ever get it to mint), but to give you a top value... Maybe 800-900, and thats IF you found the original stem and seatpost/seat/frame shifters.

    I personally wouldnt pay over 500 if that stuff isnt on the bike.
    this is a '96ish model not an '80s or '70s model. the parts on it look right for the period but I an not certain they are actually the original group, hopefully the OP will post some usable pics soon.

    I agree better pics of the parts are in order but I still think they Mirage or a mismatch of Campy. for some reason people think any Celeste colored Bianchi is a valuable collector item.

    the bike could certainly use a good cleaning, waxing and tune up. however if some one is willing to give $1000 or more for that take the money and run. if it is stock I wouldn't pay more than $400 to 500 depending on condition.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  14. #14
    Senior Member tugrul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only sold for about $1100 new back in 1997 or so.

    The Bianchi/Campy premium probably brings it close to $300 as is, and out to the $400s fixed up.

    If somebody has more cash in hand, sell sell sell.
    Looking for Quick release for a BR-6208 Cotter pin press

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Detroit area
    My Bikes
    lots
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    this is a '96ish model not an '80s or '70s model. the parts on it look right for the period but I an not certain they are actually the original group, hopefully the OP will post some usable pics soon.

    I agree better pics of the parts are in order but I still think they Mirage or a mismatch of Campy. for some reason people think any Celeste colored Bianchi is a valuable collector item.

    the bike could certainly use a good cleaning, waxing and tune up. however if some one is willing to give $1000 or more for that take the money and run. if it is stock I wouldn't pay more than $400 to 500 depending on condition.

    Wow, suprising... And that stem looks horrible... welded!?

  16. #16
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeCarbone View Post
    The seat post is original its just been cut, everything on the bike is original, shifters high polly aluminum rims...its original

    the rims look dark or hard anodized not polished to me, actually the more I look at this bike the more I wonder if anything came on the frame.

    the dark wheels would indicate a '95 model but the stem is more the style of a '96/97, the seatpost does not seem to match anything in the catalogs. some or all of these may have been substituted during manufacture but who is to say. one thing is for sure, the bike does not really seem to be uber valuable, I think most here would agree $500 may be tops, and is no where near a $2000 collector bike.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  17. #17
    Senior Member bibliobob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, late '50s Vic Edwards faux Peugeot, '62 Frejus, '62/63 Cinelli SC, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72ish rose Cinelli SC, '73-74 Colngao Super, '74 Masi GC, '78 faux Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turi
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a strong market, I'd try and sell it as is for $400. Fully overhauled (grease, bearings, cables) and cleaned up, I'd ask $550-600.

    If anyone is offering you anything close to these numbers, take the money and run....
    I grow old, I grow old. I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only person who knows about bikes that I personally know is TJ or Tony from the Bike palace and he said it was worth 2000.00$...if someone wants to come take a look in person your more then welcome im in the South Bay, CA

  19. #19
    Senior Member tugrul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeCarbone View Post
    The only person who knows about bikes that I personally know is TJ or Tony from the Bike palace and he said it was worth 2000.00$...if someone wants to come take a look in person your more then welcome im in the South Bay, CA
    Have him put it on consignment in his shop for $2k then.
    Looking for Quick release for a BR-6208 Cotter pin press

  20. #20
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeCarbone View Post
    The only person who knows about bikes that I personally know is TJ or Tony from the Bike palace and he said it was worth 2000.00$...if someone wants to come take a look in person your more then welcome im in the South Bay, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by tugrul View Post
    Have him put it on consignment in his shop for $2k then.
    I agree.

    or perhaps TJ is just saying it is worth 2K so you spend a few hundred fixing it up.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sunny Southern California
    My Bikes
    78 Gios Super Record, 74 Colnago Super, 54 Hetchins Vade Mecum, 50's Royal Nord Commander, 67 Atala Record, 80s Univega Italsport.
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When someone insists on the high price and rejected offers to buy his new-found treasure, my suspicion is the bike was not a gift. A trade gone bad perhaps? If that's the case, me thinks someone is in denial phase.

    In any case, Tony's valuation, or Luke's understanding of it, is off by a decimal point. I suspect the latter, since Tony's been around the block a few times as shown here:
    http://thebikepalace.com/articles/hi...alace-pg42.htm

    The bike is 90s not 70s
    Not 2 pounds but 22 pounds
    $200 not $2,000
    Sport or entry level racer, not high-end.
    Brake calipers and crankset spell Mirage, so-so components, not collectible or expensive.

    Could be turned into a nice rider, with some elbow grease.

    Just sayin'
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a video from youtube, I tried to focus on all the valuable parts, let me know thank you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfhu5l5k30

  23. #23
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How does the bike ride? the video does not provide much help, other than showing the rusty bolts. I don't understand why you keep pointing to the Campi logo what we really want to know is wether there is a model name on the part and what it says. I can see on the rear derailleur that it says Campagnolo and then something else what is the other word? is that word or other words on other parts like the headset, shifter/brakelevers (brifters)?

    are the rims Ambrosio? if so the wheel or wheels were rebuilt at one time, those rims were very out of fashion by the mid '90s when that bike was built.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    How does the bike ride? the video does not provide much help, other than showing the rusty bolts. I don't understand why you keep pointing to the Campi logo what we really want to know is wether there is a model name on the part and what it says. I can see on the rear derailleur that it says Campagnolo and then something else what is the other word? is that word or other words on other parts like the headset, shifter/brakelevers (brifters)?

    are the rims Ambrosio? if so the wheel or wheels were rebuilt at one time, those rims were very out of fashion by the mid '90s when that bike was built.
    What should I take a video of? The bike has many words on it, Im not to familiar with these bike terms, so if you could circle on my picture where you would like the video to be taken I can take a new video,

    Thx, luke

  25. #25
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    19,592
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the rear derailleur is the think that moves the chain between the gears in the back.



    do you see how this says Campagnolo and then has the group or model name next to it?

    the brake levers, which on that bike are also part of the shifter system are the things you pull on to slow down or stop.



    your brake levers are diffferent because the incorperate the shifters but they may have a model name down the front of the lever.


    brake calipers are the part that grip the rim to make you stop


    rims are the metal outer ring on the wheel that you mount the tire to.

    a good still pic is better than a video.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bianchigirll; 08-10-11 at 08:48 AM.
    Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto (2), '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '88 Trofeo, '86 Volpe, '89 Axis, '79 Mixte SOLD, '99 Mega Pro XL Ti, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

    Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '86 Bertoni (sold), '09 Motobecane SS, '98 Hetchins M.O., '09 K2 Mainframe, '89 Trek 2000, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •