Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member peterhoevenaars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Colnago tecnos, whats it worth??

    Hi,

    I just sold my colnago master olympic, what really is a shame
    I'm just not good enough to build it up all myself..

    But now i've seen a Colnago tecnos for sale somewhere round here.
    It's just a frame with a fork. The condition is good, just some spots here and there.
    So i was wondering, what would be a good price to buy this frame?

  2. #2
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tecnos frame and fork is lighter than the Master Olympic as well as the Master Extra Light but it just doesn't have the panache that those two framesets have. There were only a few years of production for the Tecnos, I guess that Colnago was happy to produce only one uber-light steel frame and they chose to stick with the Master Extra Light.

    Personally, I would be happy to pay $500 for the one you are thinking of, I think a green bike would look awesome built up with an all black component group and wheels.

  3. #3
    Member peterhoevenaars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet sanchEz View Post
    The Tecnos frame and fork is lighter than the Master Olympic as well as the Master Extra Light but it just doesn't have the panache that those two framesets have. There were only a few years of production for the Tecnos, I guess that Colnago was happy to produce only one uber-light steel frame and they chose to stick with the Master Extra Light.

    Personally, I would be happy to pay $500 for the one you are thinking of, I think a green bike would look awesome built up with an all black component group and wheels.
    Ok thanks for you info. At the moment 1 can buy one for 200 euro's. It got some lost of paint and the horizontal tube.. Colours are blue, kind of pearl white and grey/silver.. You think 200 is reasonable with this lost of paint?

  4. #4
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is impossible to know without seeing it in person or at least some pictures of the damaged areas.

  5. #5
    Member peterhoevenaars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet sanchEz View Post
    It is impossible to know without seeing it in person or at least some pictures of the damaged areas.
    Yes you're right. But i can't post a picture of the bike i think because it's not mine..

  6. #6
    Senior Member sauze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally would say yes certainly worth it , but I probably put less value on paint than others.

  7. #7
    Member peterhoevenaars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sauze View Post
    I personally would say yes certainly worth it , but I probably put less value on paint than others.
    Ok, good to hear, But is got a quite big losst of paint at the diagonal tube under the colnago logo..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •