My buddy's wife was given a road bike. It turns out, it doesn't fit her (it's too big), doesn't fit him (too small) and doesn't fit me so they want it sold so she can get something that works for her body type. Unfortunately, this bike is a mish-mash of parts but fortunately, this Vitus is equipped with top of the line components.
The two options are to sell the bike as is or part it out.
Parting it out will definitely get a pretty penny but it is quite a bit more time and work. Any thoughts on what this would be worth (in a hot market like Portland in the spring) as a full bike and what it may end up going for as pieces?
The part is is as follows:
- Vitus 979 frame (54cm)
- Stronglight headset
- Early Dura-Ace stem
- Specialized drops
- Modolo Aero brakes
- Suntour Superbe brakes (front and rear)
- Simple shift levers
- Dura-Ace front/rear derailleurs
- Campagnolo cranks/chainrings
- Terry woman's gel saddle
- Mavic G40 clinchers laced to Campagnolo Record hubs
- BB and freewheel are unknown, assuming Shimano