Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic and Vintage Bicycles: What's it Worth? Appraisals and Inquiries Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-14, 07:22 AM   #1
dpicare26
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
dpicare26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Bikes: '12 Specialized Allez, '11 Cannondale SL4, '91 Schwinn LeTour (SS). '74 Schwinn Paramount, '85 Trek 600, '89 Schwinn Circuit
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Japanese Bianchi Frameset

Anyone familiar with the vintage/ model of this Bianchi Frame?

This is a repost on Ebay, seller doesn't list any specifics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bian...2#ht_127wt_900

A quick search is suggesting early/mid 80's, likely '84ish? Ishiwata 022 tubes?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (96.0 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by dpicare26; 02-17-14 at 07:33 AM.
dpicare26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 04:07 PM   #2
digger531
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Bikes: Soma Double Cross DC, Salsa Vaya, Redline D440, '87 Schwinn Super Sport
Posts: 592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The seller mentions 022 in the listing. Ishiwata is undervalued and makes for a nice ride. If you are that tall you don't have a lot of frames to choose from. I would message the seller with an offer of $125 and he pays shipping.
digger531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:37 PM   #3
zukahn1
Senior Member
 
zukahn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fairplay Co
Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Royal, Jeunet 620, 59 Crown Royal, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage.
Posts: 5,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I would agree this is a fairly nicel large frame but realy only worth about $100-125 total. If your the least bit flexiable on brand or price you should be able to find a nicer frame for a cheaper price.
zukahn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 07:21 PM   #4
tmh657
Senior Member
 
tmh657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Bikes: A few BSO's.
Posts: 2,436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I sold one of these complete. Took a long time to find a home. It's a nice rider but- No way is it worth $200 BIN shipped unless you gotta have it and have money to burn. The whole bike with period correct parts is $250 max. IMO.
tmh657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 07:48 PM   #5
rowebr
Senior Member
 
rowebr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Bikes: Mid 90's GT MTB, 1981 Bianchi Limited 650B conversion, mid 80's Focus MB-400, 1980-something Guerciotti
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the same model, it has been my primary and favorite bike for the last 3 years. I'm not an expert, but on mine the workmanship on the lugs looks really nice. Highly recommended!
rowebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 08:31 PM   #6
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby
 
Poguemahone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Je suis ici
Bikes:
Posts: 5,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger531 View Post
The seller mentions 022 in the listing. Ishiwata is undervalued and makes for a nice ride. If you are that tall you don't have a lot of frames to choose from. I would message the seller with an offer of $125 and he pays shipping.
I would disagree. I ride that size and find a plentiful supply of frames nicer than that for far less. I would value that frame at 50$ tops. Want a very nice frame in that size for about the same dollars? I've thought of offering this guy 125$, but I have a Romic, a Merckx, and a LeJeune awaiting builds. Rremove all temptation for me, please. His shipping is forty bucks less...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palo-Alto-Co...item258930d0f7
__________________
"It's always darkest right before it goes completely black"

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!
Poguemahone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 10:02 PM   #7
dpicare26
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
dpicare26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Bikes: '12 Specialized Allez, '11 Cannondale SL4, '91 Schwinn LeTour (SS). '74 Schwinn Paramount, '85 Trek 600, '89 Schwinn Circuit
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poguemahone View Post
I would disagree. I ride that size and find a plentiful supply of frames nicer than that for far less. I would value that frame at 50$ tops. Want a very nice frame in that size for about the same dollars? I've thought of offering this guy 125$, but I have a Romic, a Merckx, and a LeJeune awaiting builds. Rremove all temptation for me, please. His shipping is forty bucks less...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palo-Alto-Co...item258930d0f7
yes, I also saw that frame. Very nice.

this isn't a frame I need to have, but I've had a knack for a Bianchi road bike for a few years, never seem to see them in 63cm frame sets, though. More keane on the Italian frames any how (although I know it's just snob appeal.. Hearing great things about ishiwata Bianchi's)

I've got enough projects at the moment to snag that Palo Alto (including a 70's colnago super). But like I said, I like bianchi, and I've got a nice mid 80's Shimano 600 group that would fit perfectly.

Not dying to buy it, may roll the dice and see if he/she lowers the price.
dpicare26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 10:10 PM   #8
FastJake
Constant tinkerer
 
FastJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Bikes:
Posts: 7,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpicare26 View Post
this isn't a frame I need to have, but I've had a knack for a Bianchi road bike for a few years, never seem to see them in 63cm frame sets, though. More keane on the Italian frames any how (although I know it's just snob appeal.. Hearing great things about ishiwata Bianchi's)

I've got enough projects at the moment to snag that Palo Alto (including a 70's colnago super). But like I said, I like bianchi, and I've got a nice mid 80's Shimano 600 group that would fit perfectly.
Since you've been after a Bianchi for a while now, it's clearly not a "I need a frame to build up" situation. So you might as well hold out for an Italian made one with more pedigree (not that it will probably matter much from a riding stand point.)
FastJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 10:22 PM   #9
zukahn1
Senior Member
 
zukahn1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fairplay Co
Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Royal, Jeunet 620, 59 Crown Royal, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage.
Posts: 5,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well if a classic black and gold Bicianchi in the 63mm size is what you really want. The ishiwata tubing and Japanese construction is on par if not better than an Italian one.
zukahn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 06:26 AM   #10
Poguemahone
Vello Kombi, baby
 
Poguemahone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Je suis ici
Bikes:
Posts: 5,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpicare26 View Post
yes, I also saw that frame. Very nice.

this isn't a frame I need to have, but I've had a knack for a Bianchi road bike for a few years, never seem to see them in 63cm frame sets, though. More keane on the Italian frames any how (although I know it's just snob appeal.. Hearing great things about ishiwata Bianchi's)

I've got enough projects at the moment to snag that Palo Alto (including a 70's colnago super). But like I said, I like bianchi, and I've got a nice mid 80's Shimano 600 group that would fit perfectly.

Not dying to buy it, may roll the dice and see if he/she lowers the price.
The Palo Alto is Italian...

...but I think you can find an Ishiwata Bianchi complete for not much more than the seller wants for the frame. I do understand the desire for certain makes. Nothing wrong with that.

Send the Bianchi seller an offer and go from there. Or start looking for a complete one.
__________________
"It's always darkest right before it goes completely black"

Waste your money! Buy my comic book!
Poguemahone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 AM.