Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Trek Frame - Free But Need Help Id'ing

    Good Morning Everyone...I recently acquired this Trek Frame...and am trying to ID it. It has been powder coated in a rough way, so I have been unable to find the serial number (any help there would be appreciated too). Here are some of the specs...and, of course, the required pictures are below...

    It has a Columbus sticker on it...but, that was post PC, so it could have just been added, but the frame is relatively light (no scales, so do not know exactly)

    Seat Tube (CTC) - 60 cm
    Seat Tube (CTT) - 61 cm
    Top Tube (CTC) - 58 cm

    Head Tube - 7.5" or 19 cm
    Chain Stay Length (measured from C of BB to C of Dropouts) - 17" or 43 cm

    Campagnolo dropouts
    Came with a front/rear Suntour Superbe Pro brake calipers...but, of course, these could have been after market...

    So, now Trek experts...any ideas on what this frame is?

    Thanks

    PICT0001.jpgPICT0002.jpgPICT0003.jpgPICT0004.jpgPICT0005.jpgPICT0006.jpgPICT0007.jpgPICT0008.jpgPICT0010.jpgPICT0011.jpg
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  2. #2
    Senior Member SJX426's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    My Bikes
    1972 Motobecane Le Champion (totaled), 1973 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, 1983 Colnago Superissimo, 1984 Trek 610, 1994 Burley Duet, 1988(?) Pinarello Tre Cime, 88 Masi Gran Corsa (Frame), 1991 Pinarello Montello, 1997 Specialized RockHopper
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SN is your best bet. The condition indicates that it should be stripped and repainted, IMHO. The SN is on the BB, typically. Once you get the SN you can determine the model and year. If I am not mistaken, the headbadge is an indicator of an older one along with the external braze on guide for the RD cable. Another indicator is the brake boss. The Campy DO says higher end, 700 series or a race or high end touring configuration.

    Do you have a front fork?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Waukesha WI
    My Bikes
    1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra w/ Drop Bars
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screwed on badge means pre 80 or so- Campagnolo dropouts means 700 or higher- 43cm chainstay means TX700 or 710. If the Columbus decal is real- it's a TX770.




    EDIT= I'm a dope-

    Remeasure your chainstay length. According to the catalogs, it should be either 44 or 42.

    44 would be TX700 or 710 or 770

    42 would be TX900 or 930.


    My guess, based on the P-clamp rack marks, it was not a 900 series bike. I have seen a 710 in that baby blue color, not that it matters based on the powdercoating.


    SN is your best bet.
    Last edited by The Golden Boy; 03-29-14 at 08:12 AM.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*

  4. #4
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJX426 View Post
    SN is your best bet. The condition indicates that it should be stripped and repainted, IMHO. The SN is on the BB, typically. Once you get the SN you can determine the model and year. If I am not mistaken, the headbadge is an indicator of an older one along with the external braze on guide for the RD cable. Another indicator is the brake boss. The Campy DO says higher end, 700 series or a race or high end touring configuration.

    Do you have a front fork?
    I am still trying to get the SN...with the PC, it is tough to see.

    No front fork...again...picked this up out of trash...with zero investment!
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  5. #5
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Boy View Post
    Screwed on badge means pre 80 or so- Campagnolo dropouts means 700 or higher- 43cm chainstay means TX700 or 710. If the Columbus decal is real- it's a TX770.




    EDIT= I'm a dope-

    Remeasure your chainstay length. According to the catalogs, it should be either 44 or 42.

    44 would be TX700 or 710 or 770

    42 would be TX900 or 930.


    My guess, based on the P-clamp rack marks, it was not a 900 series bike. I have seen a 710 in that baby blue color, not that it matters based on the powdercoating.


    SN is your best bet.
    OK...here we go...

    Serial Number - G4 E8 D92

    So, by the Vintage Trek site...

    G4 = TX700 or TX770 (assuming Columbus is right, we will go with TX770); 4 = 24" (right on the money!)
    E8 = May, 1978 (again, with the assumption of the screwed in headbadge, right on the money!)
    D92 = no interpretation

    Remeasured the chain stay - right at 44 cm (again, as close as you can measure!) - and...on the mark for a TX700/710/770

    So...with it all in...and looking at some pictures of TX700's and TX 770's...I think we have it!
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  6. #6
    Senior Member jeirvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    My Bikes
    Too many to count. No wait: eight. I have eight bikes.
    Posts
    1,440
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't beat the price. Nice project.
    The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy

  7. #7
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mods...if this should be moved to the appraisal thread, I apologize for not starting there...

    So...now that we are more sure...anybody want to place a value on this frame? It is too big for me...and I will clean it up a bit...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  8. #8
    Senior Member Chrome Molly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    My Bikes
    I lose count...
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two spots above the rear brake bridge look a little worrisome. Hopefully not, it's a great find. Deserves to be built back up nicely with real paint vs PC.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Waukesha WI
    My Bikes
    1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra w/ Drop Bars
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    OK...here we go...

    Serial Number - G4 E8 D92

    So, by the Vintage Trek site...

    G4 = TX700 or TX770 (assuming Columbus is right, we will go with TX770); 4 = 24" (right on the money!)
    E8 = May, 1978 (again, with the assumption of the screwed in headbadge, right on the money!)
    D92 = no interpretation

    Remeasured the chain stay - right at 44 cm (again, as close as you can measure!) - and...on the mark for a TX700/710/770

    So...with it all in...and looking at some pictures of TX700's and TX 770's...I think we have it!


    Nice!

    Since you have the date- you've narrowed it down between the TX bikes.

    That kind of detective work is fun!
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*

  10. #10
    Old fart JohnDThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Appleton WI
    My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Posts
    13,001
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome Molly View Post

    The two spots above the rear brake bridge look a little worrisome. Hopefully not, it's a great find. Deserves to be built back up nicely with real paint vs PC.
    Most likely just a little surface rust from where a previous owner had a rack mounted.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    Good Morning Everyone...I recently acquired this Trek Frame...and am trying to ID it. It has been powder coated in a rough way, so I have been unable to find the serial number (any help there would be appreciated too). Here are some of the specs...and, of course, the required pictures are below...

    It has a Columbus sticker on it...but, that was post PC, so it could have just been added, but the frame is relatively light (no scales, so do not know exactly)

    Seat Tube (CTC) - 60 cm
    Seat Tube (CTT) - 61 cm
    Top Tube (CTC) - 58 cm

    Head Tube - 7.5" or 19 cm
    Chain Stay Length (measured from C of BB to C of Dropouts) - 17" or 43 cm

    Campagnolo dropouts
    Came with a front/rear Suntour Superbe Pro brake calipers...but, of course, these could have been after market...

    So, now Trek experts...any ideas on what this frame is?

    Thanks

    PICT0001.jpgPICT0002.jpgPICT0003.jpgPICT0004.jpgPICT0005.jpgPICT0006.jpgPICT0007.jpgPICT0008.jpgPICT0010.jpgPICT0011.jpg
    Are you sure that it has been powder-coated? That looks awfully thin for PC. More like rattle-canned, or even a blue-tinted primer, almost?

    Since the fork is missing, look very, very closely at the HT and DT for signs of a crash. Does it take a 27.0 post, or a 27.2? It's wager 27.2, which means not Columbus SP, but Reynolds 531 tubing....

    Edit: I don't see any ripples in the tubing in those head shots, but it would need to be inspected in person to know for sure...

  12. #12
    Senior Member shoota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    1987 Trek 560
    Posts
    3,356
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice find. Just about my upper end size
    2005 Cannondale six13 10s SRAM

  13. #13
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 753proguy View Post
    Are you sure that it has been powder-coated? That looks awfully thin for PC. More like rattle-canned, or even a blue-tinted primer, almost?

    Since the fork is missing, look very, very closely at the HT and DT for signs of a crash. Does it take a 27.0 post, or a 27.2? It's wager 27.2, which means not Columbus SP, but Reynolds 531 tubing....

    Edit: I don't see any ripples in the tubing in those head shots, but it would need to be inspected in person to know for sure...
    It may not be PC...feels very rough...like a really bad PC...but...could be rattle canned or primer...

    I looked real close...nothing that indicates a wreck...

    Best I can measure, it is a 27.0...does that confirm (to some extent) the Columbus SP?
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  14. #14
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Nice find. Just about my upper end size
    Shoota...if you are interested..."shoota" me an offer...it is too big for me...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    It may not be PC...feels very rough...like a really bad PC...but...could be rattle canned or primer...

    I looked real close...nothing that indicates a wreck...

    Best I can measure, it is a 27.0...does that confirm (to some extent) the Columbus SP?
    Not necessarily. If it were 27.2, then that would essentially eliminate Columbus SP, but try a 27.2 post if you have one, and make sure that the seat tube is clean inside.

    JT could probably tell us if these were only available in 531. The point might be moot....
    Someone might be able to find a close-to-matching fork, so that would be cool. My first 'nice' frameset was an ice-blue Trek TX900 in about 1978, in a 24-inch size, so very similar to this one. I put a lot of miles on that frame, even toured on it, then Trek added full braze-ons and repainted it for me, doing the paint for n/c under warranty, and charging me only about $15.00 (iirc) for all of the braze-ons! I ended up selling it for more than I had in it, years later....

  16. #16
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    Mods...if this should be moved to the appraisal thread, I apologize for not starting there...

    So...now that we are more sure...anybody want to place a value on this frame? It is too big for me...and I will clean it up a bit...
    And with this, off to appraisals we go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  17. #17
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDThompson View Post
    Most likely just a little surface rust from where a previous owner had a rack mounted.
    Yes, there was a rack on it there when I got the frame...

    Duane
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  18. #18
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 753proguy View Post
    Not necessarily. If it were 27.2, then that would essentially eliminate Columbus SP, but try a 27.2 post if you have one, and make sure that the seat tube is clean inside.

    JT could probably tell us if these were only available in 531. The point might be moot....
    Someone might be able to find a close-to-matching fork, so that would be cool. My first 'nice' frameset was an ice-blue Trek TX900 in about 1978, in a 24-inch size, so very similar to this one. I put a lot of miles on that frame, even toured on it, then Trek added full braze-ons and repainted it for me, doing the paint for n/c under warranty, and charging me only about $15.00 (iirc) for all of the braze-ons! I ended up selling it for more than I had in it, years later....
    I cannot get a 27.2 mm into the tube...and it appears clear...reading on several sites, this frame could be ordered in the Columbus tubing...so...with all the evidence that we have so far, I think that it is fair to call this a TX 770.

    Unless anyone objects strenuously! Of course, not sure it matters...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  19. #19
    Still learning oddjob2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North of Canada, Adirondacks, NNJ
    My Bikes
    Too many
    Posts
    5,585
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    Shoota...if you are interested..."shoota" me an offer...it is too big for me...
    I don't believe house rules permit trolling for offers here. You are supposed to pay the ultra low membership fee and put it in the for sale section.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2014 Additions: 1985 Trek 560, 1992 Trek Multitrack 700 (my 2nd), 1994 Trek Carbon 2200, Peugeot PX-10, 1981 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, Miyata 912

  20. #20
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddjob2 View Post
    I don't believe house rules permit trolling for offers here. You are supposed to pay the ultra low membership fee and put it in the for sale section.
    This was, simply, a quick reply to another posters comments...no trolling intended...sorry to offend you...but...please CHILL OUT! We are all here to discuss bikes...
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix
    62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak
    62 Raleigh Gran Sport
    70 Raleigh International
    72 Raleigh Professional
    72 Schwinn Sports Tourer
    73 Schwinn Super Sport
    80 Raleigh Super Course
    81 Miyata 1000
    85 Bianchi Veloce
    86 Raleigh Competition
    87 Team Miyata
    89 Masi Team 3V
    91 Tommasso SL-56
    92 Bridgestone RB-1
    92 Bridgestone RB-T
    93 Bridgestone XO-1 (Grail!)
    05 Pinarello Surprise
    07 Novara Strada
    11 Raleigh Port Townsend
    Royal Enfield

  21. #21
    Still learning oddjob2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North of Canada, Adirondacks, NNJ
    My Bikes
    Too many
    Posts
    5,585
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    This was, simply, a quick reply to another posters comments...no trolling intended...sorry to offend you...but...please CHILL OUT! We are all here to discuss bikes...
    EXACTLY, bike discussions, identification and opinions on FMV.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2014 Additions: 1985 Trek 560, 1992 Trek Multitrack 700 (my 2nd), 1994 Trek Carbon 2200, Peugeot PX-10, 1981 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, Miyata 912

  22. #22
    Senior Member zazenzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daf1009 View Post
    This was, simply, a quick reply to another posters comments...no trolling intended...sorry to offend you...but...please CHILL OUT! We are all here to discuss bikes...

    oddjob is politely telling you don't sell or solicit offers here without first paying for a membership. doing so is against the rules and is likely to get you warned/banned.

  23. #23
    DRF aka Thrifty Bill wrk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The NC Mountains
    My Bikes
    Too many to list, all vintage
    Posts
    19,414
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back to the value question. Frame without fork that needs paint = minimal value. Whoever buys it faces a serious investment to restore it, and will never find an original fork. The good news is you got it for free, and scored some nice parts off it already, so you are way ahead.

    $50.

    Nothing sweeter than making some money on a free bike, and adding some free parts to your parts bin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •