The Raleigh factory was situated in Hanover Quay Dublin. From Thoms Dublin Street directory, Raleigh was first listed at No 6 Hanover Quay in 1939. In 1943, they moved to Nos 8-11. A full range of Raleigh Cycles was manufactured at this Dublin factory in the post war era. Being an early factory, built and used before safety regulations came into practice, the wooden floor soaked up all the oil, grease and other flammable lubricants over the years, so that when a fire started in 1976, the whole factory burned to the ground. This lead to the biggest insurance payout in Irish history, although this has probably been surpassed by now! Unfortunately all the records stored in the factory were lost at this time.
After the fire, Raleigh stayed in Ireland, but only as a distributor, not a cycle manufacturer. They built another factory, but quickly downscaled to suit their distribution network.