Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 183 of 188 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4676
  1. #4551
    Senior Member bconneraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son has named them Ace and Gary....I posted my 86 here last week, and here it is with my newly acquired 85. Both unmolested, and only needed wax, some simple green, and a little TLC. I am so excited to own these.
    1985

    1986

    "Ace & Gary" my Schwinn Cimarrons
    CAUTION
    . . . . . . . .
    WET RIMS
    REQUIRE
    INCREASED
    STOPPING
    DISTANCE
    . . . . . . . .

  2. #4552
    Senior Member neo_pop_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
    Well after a 4 month wait I finally have my "brand new never assembled" Sakae Litage mtb frame.

    I think it was a good price but the catch is I need to make the rear drops and cable guide under the bb. Neither will be a problem for me and hope to make it a full Suntour fat tire dropbar build. I'm sure this was bought from Japan by a euro bike company to paint/polish and put there own branding on but never used it.

    For some reason I cant load small pics direct from my own computer so I'm going to take up most of this page with large pics.














    Hey jbchybridrider,

    That is one sweet bike, congrats on the score! I haven't seen one of those in 20 years, what a beauty! Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I was racing on my college road team, my coach had the same bike, he was an alternate on the '92 U.S. Olympic team. He said the team had been given many prototype bikes to try out, the SR being one of them. On Fridays we did trail rides to change it up, he blew our minds when he showed up to do his miles on that same SR Litage mountain bike. I recall we all drooled over the bike when he showed up the first time on it! Plus it was decked out in full with brand new to the market "silver" XTR. One of his personal sponsors was SR, one day before practice he starts dishing out beautiful SR alloy stems to any of my team members who wanted one. The short one went quickly which was fine with me because I was used to running 130-150 Tioga T-Bone stems on my bikes. I ended up with 3 or 4, I still have 2 or 3 stems in the spare part bins. If you'd like one, you are more than welcome to have the stock stem to go with your fabulous new project.

    Sakae_MTN_stem_1.jpgSakae_MTN_stem_2.jpgSakae_MTN_stem_3.jpg

    p.s. Sorry about the flipped photo, it's not flipped on my desktop, not sure what's up... oh well...
    Last edited by neo_pop_71; 06-25-14 at 07:39 PM. Reason: uploaded photos
    I'd rather add more life to my years, than years to my life.

  3. #4553
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_pop_71 View Post
    Hey jbchybridrider,

    That is one sweet bike, congrats on the score! I haven't seen one of those in 20 years, what a beauty! Back in the late 80's and early 90's when I was racing on my college road team, my coach had the same bike, he was an alternate on the '92 U.S. Olympic team. He said the team had been given many prototype bikes to try out, the SR being one of them. On Fridays we did trail rides to change it up, he blew our minds when he showed up to do his miles on that same SR Litage mountain bike. I recall we all drooled over the bike when he showed up the first time on it! Plus it was decked out in full with brand new to the market "silver" XTR. One of his personal sponsors was SR, one day before practice he starts dishing out beautiful SR alloy stems to any of my team members who wanted one. The short one went quickly which was fine with me because I was used to running 130-150 Tioga T-Bone stems on my bikes. I ended up with 3 or 4, I still have 2 or 3 stems in the spare part bins. If you'd like one, you are more than welcome to have the stock stem to go with your fabulous new project.

    Sakae_MTN_stem_1.jpgSakae_MTN_stem_2.jpgSakae_MTN_stem_3.jpg

    p.s. Sorry about the flipped photo, it's not flipped on my desktop, not sure what's up... oh well...
    Hi neo pop, That's a cool story. I'm drooling at the thought of this frame with all new XTR.

    Check your inbox.
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  4. #4554
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    True Temper TT Lite (OXII short butted)... it is nickel plated.



    Swapped the wheel set and transmission this am... now it has XT wheels (laced to Araya RM 20 rims), an XT long cage derailleur, Deore brakes, and an XT thumbie running the 8 speed.

    Most of the parts are pretty much period correct right down to those Deore pedals... and damn that old XT stuff works beautifully.







    And the rims are a nice match to the frame too.

    Damn you Sixty!! Seeing these pictures has me toying with the idea of stripping the commuter accessories off the M600 and running rigid!

  5. #4555
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Black Lightning, Alan Record, Giant OCR, Trek STP 400, Giant Idrive
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1984 Motobecane City-Becane my dad rode in college that i've been slowly restoring for him.

  6. #4556
    Quirky Grifter LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    20,460
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Stunning restoration work.

    Those bars are so badass!!!
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  7. #4557
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,100
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavid View Post
    Damn you Sixty!! Seeing these pictures has me toying with the idea of stripping the commuter accessories off the M600 and running rigid!
    So when we can expect to see that ?



    Have been rolling those fatties at 35 psi and this seems to be the sweet spot for speed, handling, and ride quality... you can take the bike for a spin any time you want to see what it's like.

  8. #4558
    Senior Member gaucho777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    My Bikes
    '72 Cilo Pacer • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe (753) • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90ish Parkpre Team MTB
    Posts
    3,871
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bconneraz View Post
    My son has named them Ace and Gary....I posted my 86 here last week, and here it is with my newly acquired 85. Both unmolested, and only needed wax, some simple green, and a little TLC. I am so excited to own these.
    1985

    1986

    "Ace & Gary" my Schwinn Cimarrons
    Nice job scoring such a perfect pair.

    Ace is the red one, right? I mean...a red bike named Gary?
    -Randy

    '72 Cilo Pacer '73 Speedwell Ti '74 Nishiki Competition '74 Peugeot UE-8 '86 Look Bernard Hinault 753 '86 Look KG86 '89 Parkpre Team Road '90ish Parkpre Team MTB

    Avatar photo courtesy of jeffveloart.com, contact: contact: jeffnil8 (at) gmail.com.

  9. #4559
    Chainstay Brake Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,853
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    True Temper TT Lite (OXII short butted)... it is nickel plated.



    Swapped the wheel set and transmission this am... now it has XT wheels (laced to Araya RM 20 rims), an XT long cage derailleur, Deore brakes, and an XT thumbie running the 8 speed.

    Most of the parts are pretty much period correct right down to those Deore pedals... and damn that old XT stuff works beautifully.







    And the rims are a nice match to the frame too.

    dang nice score... I have one of those frames but not with nickel plating
    1986 Diamondback Apex ~ 1988 Diamondback Ascent EX ~ 1989 Jamis Dakar ~ 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp
    1993 Trek 8300 Composite ~ 1993 Diamondback Axis Team Titanium ~ 1995 Diamondback Apex

    Join the Chainstay Brake Mafia!

  10. #4560
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    So when we can expect to see that ?



    Have been rolling those fatties at 35 psi and this seems to be the sweet spot for speed, handling, and ride quality... you can take the bike for a spin any time you want to see what it's like.
    As soon as I get my hands on some nice 26 x 2.35 tires, that is how soon lol. I'll take the long way to work once I have some nice tires for the M600

  11. #4561
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bconneraz View Post
    My son has named them Ace and Gary....I posted my 86 here last week, and here it is with my newly acquired 85. Both unmolested, and only needed wax, some simple green, and a little TLC. I am so excited to own these.

    The Ambiguously Bike Duo!
    Last edited by richeydog; 06-26-14 at 11:55 PM.

  12. #4562
    Senior Member neo_pop_71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavid View Post
    As soon as I get my hands on some nice 26 x 2.35 tires, that is how soon lol. I'll take the long way to work once I have some nice tires for the M600
    I too was waiting on some nice 26 x 2.35 tires before rebuilding my '88 Cimarron LE, I gotta say that I'm very impressed with the Schwalbe Fat Frank tires. I've run them down as low as 35 psi (pavement and dirt) and up to the 60 psi max (pavement), these tires are simply very fast rolling tires. They seem to hook up nicely regardless of the terrain. I'd highly recommend them for any vintage application and the variety of colors available definitely adds to the cool factor!

    Here are a couple photos of the 2.35 tire clearance on my '88 Cimarron:

    *not the stock fork* the fork is off a '85 Fisher but the interior width is the same as the stock lugged fork

    Fat_Frank_tire_1.jpg

    *the chain stays have even more clearance than the seat stays pictured

    Fat_Frank_tire_2.jpg

    p.s. Sorry for the lousy photos but you get the idea.
    I'd rather add more life to my years, than years to my life.

  13. #4563
    Chainstay Brake Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,853
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saw this on CL the other night. Now it's in my house. Oops

    1996 Diamondback Racing WCF 6.0 - Welded Carbon Fiber main tubes with steel stays. Also included Deore XT crankset and rear cantis



    Last edited by frantik; 06-27-14 at 04:26 PM.
    1986 Diamondback Apex ~ 1988 Diamondback Ascent EX ~ 1989 Jamis Dakar ~ 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp
    1993 Trek 8300 Composite ~ 1993 Diamondback Axis Team Titanium ~ 1995 Diamondback Apex

    Join the Chainstay Brake Mafia!

  14. #4564
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I have one too!! The paints not in great condition but it was only $40 and wanted the Manitou fork, ended up using other components as well. Quite a light frame.

    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  15. #4565
    Chainstay Brake Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,853
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice i wish mine came with the fork, i have everything else on hand to build it up. i paid more too but at least it came with the xt crankset
    1986 Diamondback Apex ~ 1988 Diamondback Ascent EX ~ 1989 Jamis Dakar ~ 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp
    1993 Trek 8300 Composite ~ 1993 Diamondback Axis Team Titanium ~ 1995 Diamondback Apex

    Join the Chainstay Brake Mafia!

  16. #4566
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_pop_71 View Post
    I too was waiting on some nice 26 x 2.35 tires before rebuilding my '88 Cimarron LE, I gotta say that I'm very impressed with the Schwalbe Fat Frank tires. I've run them down as low as 35 psi (pavement and dirt) and up to the 60 psi max (pavement), these tires are simply very fast rolling tires. They seem to hook up nicely regardless of the terrain. I'd highly recommend them for any vintage application and the variety of colors available definitely adds to the cool factor!

    Here are a couple photos of the 2.35 tire clearance on my '88 Cimarron:

    *not the stock fork* the fork is off a '85 Fisher but the interior width is the same as the stock lugged fork

    Fat_Frank_tire_1.jpg

    *the chain stays have even more clearance than the seat stays pictured

    Fat_Frank_tire_2.jpg

    p.s. Sorry for the lousy photos but you get the idea.
    Holy smokes man that looks tight! And cool.

  17. #4567
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 1994 Cannondale M600 is a restomod. May I still play?




  18. #4568
    Senior Member Bikes and Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ottawa Ontario
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SI852251.jpgSI852252.jpg

    1992 Rocky Mountain

    I bought this as a frame set last winter.
    Built it up with some parts i had stored away, and the lbs finished it with new parts I
    didn't have.
    I wasn't sure about the front wheel but other people seem to like it.
    It's a little heavier than i expected but overall I'm happy with it.
    "Dogs' lives are too short, their only fault, really."
    - Agnes Sligh Turnbull

  19. #4569
    Senior Member MikesChevelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '93 Stump I'm doing a rigid fork / dirt drop project with. Masked off the remainder of the decals and repainted the bike a textured pewter and clear coated the whole thing. Just have to try and find a fork and the assembly will begin. Picked up some Dura Ace 7700 STI's for her as well.

    1988 Centurion IronMan "Miami Vice" - 2008 Gary Fisher Genesis
    Moved to Boise....I miss all my old bikes....Time to start over.............

  20. #4570
    Senior Member Thumpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Sunny South
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumpic....

    Green is the new "CHEAP"

  21. #4571
    Senior Member kc0yef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Olympia WA
    My Bikes
    Bill Stevenson Kawai, 1973 Paramount, Voyageur SP, Nishiki; KOKUSAI & Competition, Bridgestone; RBT RB-T & Kabuki Submariner, Mercian; Campionissimo, TriA, Superlight, , Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Gitane TDF
    Posts
    1,105
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    riding

  22. #4572
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did some maintenance and cleaning from the last wet ride on it. Also lowered the stem 50mm and put Shimano LX canti's on, the Scott Pederson canti's are for the Sakae frame now.



    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  23. #4573
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,100
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My daughter's new whip... an early Rocky Mountain Blizzard Race (94-95 methinks) that came to us as a gift. The only thing wrong was that the 1 1/8 threaded fork had seized so I fixed that by swapping the headset and installed my Mars Elite XC fork.


  24. #4574
    Senior Member Sir_Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    My Bikes
    CAAD9, Rockhopper, Nuovo Mexico, Windsor, Giant MOSH, Motobecane GT SS, Pro Tour 15 (awaiting frame repair)
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
    Wow, very nice! What pads are you using?
    Last edited by Sir_Name; 07-01-14 at 09:13 AM.

  25. #4575
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Name View Post
    Wow, very nice! What pads are you using?
    Thanks. I threw the packaging away so don't remember there name but they only cost $6 on flebay. The clear compound rubber was labelled as a trials bike compound.
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •