Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    I have been trying to narrow down a bicycle to build and as much as I love the new bikes, something keeps bringing me back to the old school classics.

    I was thinking of building a Cinelli like this in a Neo-Classic modern style, using a mix of old and new parts such as Ergo Levers, modern Campagnolo wheels with old style C-record Cranks, head set...etc.


    How different is the Columbus Neuron tubes set from the old Columbus SLX of the 80's?
    Last edited by ViperZ; 11-06-05 at 07:48 AM.
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  2. #2
    juneeaa memba!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    boogled up in...Idaho!
    My Bikes
    Crap. The box is not big enough...
    Posts
    5,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ride should be very similar. I'm pondering a similar dilemma (wallbike, I think, is still selling this frame and fork new...). It'll be fascinating to hear everyone's opinions.

    Is this frame just capitalizing on the SC mystique, or is it really a Cinelli SC?

  3. #3
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wallbike? Has one for sale?

    I keep waffeling between the Cinelli and this Colnago

    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  4. #4
    crotchety young dude el twe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    SF, CA
    My Bikes
    IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount
    Posts
    4,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eww! New Colnago paint is so fugly! And the Cinelli has class.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
    I explained that he could never pay me enough cash for the amount of work I had put into that bike and the only way to compensate me for it was to ride the hell out of it.
    IRO Angus Casati Gold Line

  5. #5
    Unique Vintage Steel cuda2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Allen, TX
    My Bikes
    Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
    Posts
    11,486
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el twe
    Eww! New Colnago paint is so fugly! And the Cinelli has class.
    Seconded

  6. #6
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'd be better off buying one of the NOS Titan frames on eBay... Just as well built (maybe better than the Cinelli...), interesting paint (but no chrome lugs), and under $200! Build it with modern components... Check 'em out here:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhoosierbicyclesupply
    Last edited by TheOtherGuy; 11-06-05 at 06:42 PM.
    nice lugs baby!

  7. #7
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el twe
    Eww! New Colnago paint is so fugly! And the Cinelli has class.
    I know the Colnago is Garish and Gaudy, but there is something so synonymous about that with Italian bikes

    I do agree, The Cinelli would look classier forever and the Colnago would always be pegged in a particular time frame. However I have always wanted a wild painted Colnago And I already have an all red bike...


    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy
    I think you'd be better off buying one of the NOS Titan frames on eBay... Just as well built (maybe better than the Cinelli...), interesting paint (but no chrome lugs), and under $200! Build it with modern components... Check 'em out here:
    Thanks, however to be honest, if I did the Classic Steel, I'm in for the Italian prestige names, and because I have always wanted a Colnag or Cinelli bike since as far back as I can remember.



    Whats funny is everytime I look at the Cinelli SC, I find myslef singing Eric Clapton's "Lay Down Sally" I don't know why that particular song, however Clapton because I seen his Cinelli Super Corsa, hand signed "Slow Hand" back in the 80's by Cino himself.
    Last edited by ViperZ; 11-06-05 at 07:28 PM.
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  8. #8
    Unique Vintage Steel cuda2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Allen, TX
    My Bikes
    Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
    Posts
    11,486
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy
    I think you'd be better off buying one of the NOS Titan frames on eBay... Just as well built (maybe better than the Cinelli...), interesting paint (but no chrome lugs), and under $200! Build it with modern components... Check 'em out here:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhoosierbicyclesupply
    If that 57cm's paint lookd a tad less pink in the sunlight I'd probably be bidding on it. Very unque frames and I'll certainly be watching for any future auctions.

  9. #9
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    ...Thanks, however to be honest, if I did the Classic Steel, I'm in for the Italian prestige names, and because I have always wanted a Colnag or Cinelli bike since as far back as I can remember.

    Whats funny is everytime I look at the Cinelli SC, I find myslef singing Eric Clapton's "Lay Down Sally" I don't know why that particular song, however Clapton because I seen his Cinelli Super Corsa, hand signed "Slow Hand" back in the 80's by Cino himself.
    I would say go for the Cinelli, but close-ups I've seen of those offered on eBay (I think by 13ron) didn't look all that nice. If you didn't need NEW, I'd say find a vintage Italian classic. Something mid '80s that's already at 126mm can easily be spread to 130mm... Just a thought. OR, if you didn't need modern components, get a real Cinelli; something pre '78...
    nice lugs baby!

  10. #10
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda2k
    If that 57cm's paint lookd a tad less pink in the sunlight I'd probably be bidding on it. Very unque frames and I'll certainly be watching for any future auctions.
    I've got one of the white/gray marble colored ones in a 55cm...Very nice frame for the $$!
    nice lugs baby!

  11. #11
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGuy
    I would say go for the Cinelli, but close-ups I've seen of those offered on eBay (I think by 13ron) didn't look all that nice. If you didn't need NEW, I'd say find a vintage Italian classic. Something mid '80s that's already at 126mm can easily be spread to 130mm... Just a thought. OR, if you didn't need modern components, get a real Cinelli; something pre '78...
    Whats confusing with that comment is my understanding is the newer Cinelli SC is still every much a Cinelli made in Italy, Only with the Columbus Neuron tube set which to my understanding is lighter than Columbus SLX.

    I like how there is more Chrome showing on the rear stays of the new SC as well.

    I'm looking to build a new bike, however I'm torn between a Neo Modern Classic or a totally new tech bike. I suppose the Neo Modern Classic comes from my serious cycling in the 70's and 80's, when Steel Colnagos, Tomassinis and Guerciottis where the most desireable bikes to own.

    Maybe my concept is flawed, and if I do a classic I shoul dget a real Vintage and restore it faithfully, however I want to be more Hot Rod like and take the old bike and refine it more with todays components.


    Much like this one was done, however a Quill stem is a must

    Last edited by ViperZ; 11-06-05 at 07:52 PM.
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  12. #12
    juneeaa memba!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    boogled up in...Idaho!
    My Bikes
    Crap. The box is not big enough...
    Posts
    5,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't look very hard... here are some (actually, many) frames from various manufacturers, and several are Cinelli SCs, for $1095. I have seen them cheaper than that. This page gets me jonesin, even if I don't have room for one more derailleur in my garage...

    http://www.gvhbikes.com/current.html

  13. #13
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    Whats confusing with that comment is my understanding is the newer Cinelli SC is still every much a Cinelli made in Italy, Only with the Columbus Neuron tube set which to my understanding is lighter than Columbus SLX....
    Cino Cinelli sold out around '78, and bikes made after that time were still Cinelli bikes, but no longer had the "mojo" of classic Cinelli made while Cino was in command. The newer SC were made in Italy like you say, but don't look quite the same (or as nice) as the '70s models. Back then, they were made of Reynolds 531 (I believe on special order), or Columbus SL or SP tubing, not even the SLX of the mid '80s. I'm still wanting a classic Cinelli SC in my size, but only the version/vintage I've been wanting since I was a teen (early '70s for me)....Someday.
    nice lugs baby!

  14. #14
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker, thats where I have been scoping out the Cinelli too


    TheOtherGuy, Gottcha, I was thinking you might have been refering to the sale. Some of the older Cinellis are nice and I know what you are saying, however not a lot of them had braze-ons and everything was clamped on then, and I'm looking for a more Modern Classic. The New SC has the same geometry as the original, and it's lighter with better paint (shiner), how can that be so bad?


    I was so dissapointed that I missed out on this 94 Colnago Master, I should have bid more.

    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  15. #15
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    ...The New SC has the same geometry as the original, and it's lighter with better paint (shiner), how can that be so bad?

    I was so dissapointed that I missed out on this 94 Colnago Master, I should have bid more.
    I'm sure the new SC is a nice frame, but for the same $$$, I'd go for something else... Like that Master. I'd rather have that one than the SC of similar vintage.
    nice lugs baby!

  16. #16
    Unique Vintage Steel cuda2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Allen, TX
    My Bikes
    Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
    Posts
    11,486
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    Lurker, thats where I have been scoping out the Cinelli too


    TheOtherGuy, Gottcha, I was thinking you might have been refering to the sale. Some of the older Cinellis are nice and I know what you are saying, however not a lot of them had braze-ons and everything was clamped on then, and I'm looking for a more Modern Classic. The New SC has the same geometry as the original, and it's lighter with better paint (shiner), how can that be so bad?


    I was so dissapointed that I missed out on this 94 Colnago Master, I should have bid more.

    Now that's a Colnago paintjob I could call my own. Do I dare ask how much you let it slip through your fingers for?

    - really shouldn't even be dreaming of such frames for my very own any time soon.

  17. #17
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda2k
    Now that's a Colnago paintjob I could call my own. Do I dare ask how much you let it slip through your fingers for?

    - really shouldn't even be dreaming of such frames for my very own any time soon.
    It sold for $897 us. In retrospect I would have paid more for it, considering the Cinelli is $1000 us.


    TheOtherGuy, problem is a person has to wait for those to become available, and hope you can get it for a reasonable price..

    A New Master Lite or Master carbon is $1500 to $2500 us And a different Animal
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  18. #18
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    ...TheOtherGuy, problem is a person has to wait for those to become available, and hope you can get it for a reasonable price..
    Tell me about it... Exactly why I still don't have my old Cinelli SC... The size I need is also very popular with Japanese Cinelli lovers.
    nice lugs baby!

  19. #19
    Senior Member duckliondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    Cinelli Unica, BP Stealth, K2 Razorback, Steel Bianchi roadie, Bianchi Super GL, Specialized Stumpjumper, and 3 beach cruisers
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Cinelli continues to make new Supercorsas. I love the idea of building up classic frames with new parts. A friend of mine has an early 80's Colnago with new Dura-ace on it. It looks and rides great.

  20. #20
    OM boy cyclezen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Goleta CA
    My Bikes
    a bunch
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    Whats confusing with that comment is my understanding is the newer Cinelli SC is still every much a Cinelli made in Italy, Only with the Columbus Neuron tube set which to my understanding is lighter than Columbus SLX.
    I like how there is more Chrome showing on the rear stays of the new SC as well.
    I'm looking to build a new bike, however I'm torn between a Neo Modern Classic or a totally new tech bike. I suppose the Neo Modern Classic comes from my serious cycling in the 70's and 80's, when Steel Colnagos, Tomassinis and Guerciottis where the most desireable bikes to own.
    Maybe my concept is flawed, and if I do a classic I shoul dget a real Vintage and restore it faithfully, however I want to be more Hot Rod like and take the old bike and refine it more with todays components.
    Much like this one was done (SNIP deRosa Pic), however a Quill stem is a must
    Looking at the frame spes for the Cinelli, it would certainly suit what to me contributes to the ride qualities of the finest Frames. As would the Colnago (based on their published specs); however the new Colnagos are very high on the 'cheese' scale for their cosmetics. The Cinelli seems a solid choice, and would prolly be an easy fit for any modern bits.
    In comparision (you mention 'new tech bike) I went to the Giant and Trek sites to get frame specs as points of comparison. For Giant, as expected, Their frame spec numbers are very limited , as a reflect of what they think we need to know; and this was on their top of the line Comp bike.
    Trek surprised me considerably, in that I wasn't able to find any frame specs for their Madone, as if they're saying "trust us, if Lance luvs it, you must also". Well, it tells me I really don;t want a new Trek.
    I have my ideas on what qualities contribute to my idea of a great frame and bike, and not having any info takes the Treks completely out.
    'Updating' a 'vintage' frame is a fun thing. I've done a bunch of that to get my Colnago Super much more modern and the Titan I bought a few weeks ago will be 'pushed' quite some significant amount further. I like the looks of that Cinelli even more than the DeRosa pic you posted. And it doesn;t look any bit like that Bus Station Skank Colnago posted in mid-thread (not referring to the Master shown later in the thread). Shame many of these modern bikes have such 'Ho House' cosmetics.
    Keep up updated if you decide on the Cinelli.

  21. #21
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duckliondog
    I'm glad Cinelli continues to make new Supercorsas. I love the idea of building up classic frames with new parts. A friend of mine has an early 80's Colnago with new Dura-ace on it. It looks and rides great.
    I think they have actually stopped making them now, so once they recent stock is gone, that it too.

    Thats what has me thinking if I'm going to do a Neo classic I should Maybe do it now instead of that new Carbon or Ti Wonder bike I was wanting to build.


    cyclezen "Bus Station Skank Colnago" "'Ho House' cosmetics." That's funny. I suppose that's what it looks like, and not every one is like-able, but I have to admit, it still does appeal to me for some strange reason, be it super tacky

    Sure it looks like Bus Stop Graffiti, but I like it for some reason. Here are some of my Fav schemes







    No doubt about it, they are garish, But thats what I like about them


    Anybody remember those Canondales from the mid 80's? The R900 & R1000 had those hand painted (airbrushed) graffiti triangles and what not in random place. I Sooo wanted one of those, but bought a Plain all red Klein Quantum Pro instead
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

  22. #22
    Knows Bigfoot's Momma
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    yeah; got a couple...
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    ....No doubt about it, they are garish, But thats what I like about them ...Anybody remember those Canondales from the mid 80's? The R900 & R1000 had those hand painted (airbrushed) graffiti triangles and what not in random place. I Sooo wanted one of those, but bought a Plain all red Klein Quantum Pro instead
    Just like many of the odd fade paint jobs so common in the '80s, I think these very busy Colnago paint schemes won't be around forever... The trick may be to find one you can live with for a while. Gotta have lugs to keep me happy though.
    nice lugs baby!

  23. #23
    OM boy cyclezen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Goleta CA
    My Bikes
    a bunch
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ
    I think they have actually stopped making them now, so once they recent stock is gone, that it too. Thats what has me thinking if I'm going to do a Neo classic I should Maybe do it now instead of that new Carbon or Ti Wonder bike I was wanting to build.
    ... what it looks like, and not every one is like-able, but I have to admit, it still does appeal to me for some strange reason, be it super tacky

    Sure it looks like Bus Stop Graffiti, but I like it for some reason. Here are some of my Fav schemes
    (see pics above...)
    No doubt about it, they are garish, But thats what I like about them

    Anybody remember those Canondales from the mid 80's? The R900 & R1000 had those hand painted (airbrushed) graffiti triangles and what not in random place. I Sooo wanted one of those, but bought a Plain all red Klein Quantum Pro instead
    Actually don't remember the airbrushed C-dales - anyone have some pics? prolly jar the 'nickel' loose when I see one.

    Garish? Its like so over the top. The overdone logoin (check out the logo on the bottomside of the downtube, near the BB, on the black frame) of the frame added to the logoing on the components. They can't even leave the seatstays alone. Italian design isn't always the most subtle, but this is really way too much. The Huge logoing on the wheels, gawd forbid they just do a clover on the fork...
    They all make that Col-Master look 'understated' (which of course, it isn't) and the Cinelli looks downright 'naked' (in a very good, Bottichellian way...) If that was stuff I was marketing, I'd be embarrassed by it - talk about the pinnacle of 'small dick' marketing.
    I know you're not takin this personal, cause itz not intended, nor for anyone who is strong enough to 'move' past the cheap lipstick and appreciates the bike for what it prolly rides as (my assumption). But I just can't get past that. Its in my nature and daily chores to be aware of the 'form' of things, and not something I easily ignore, especially when it comes to bikes.
    Materials and ride aside, the Cinelli is just so far superior I do believe that given the same components with more silver finishes (minus the logo assault), standing next to the Colnago, the SC will far outshine the 'tart'.
    I'm also very tired of the overuse of Black - overdone, it makes things 'heavy'. Black works best when played against light. If one were to take most of the black on these bikes and change to 'silver'/alloy, they would look lighter and cleaner (and not as easily logo'd).
    If one gets away from looking at 'silver' as a statement of 'vintage' and just reflects on the overall effect of a 'shiny' bike over a black one, the graphics need not be overdone, the colors can be subtle tonals, and the overall impression is one of 'lightness'. The Black ones in comparison look like draft horses, ponderous and overly Drachinian (Flintstonian).
    The Big Challenge I have with the Titan is to find mostly alloy finish newer stuff. Happilly my 2 fork possibles are both Chrome. Sadly the compact Cranks are Black, and the Stem (threadless) is black, headset is Blk. I can live with a blk headset, but for the other stuff I need to keep looking, as hopeless as it may seem.
    Anyway, my opinion is that in any group of high end bikes, that Cinelli in its shiniest form, will stand out as a thoroughbred, even though that might not be the full truth.

  24. #24
    juneeaa memba!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    boogled up in...Idaho!
    My Bikes
    Crap. The box is not big enough...
    Posts
    5,611
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the local bike shops has sold a couple of Colnago Presidents, and a few more ordinary C-50's...they always try to get me to ride one, and I fear for my bank account too much to oblige - I'm sure that it is an outstanding ride. I can also admire the technical proficiency that the paint shop displays - they are unbelievably complicated and probably very difficult to make - They'll be the snaz in twenty years...

  25. #25
    Baby it's cold outside... ViperZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SK, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
    Posts
    7,306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an old "Cyclist" magazine where they profile Italian bikes. They counted no less than 30 something stickers and decals on most makers models. Even then they said that was the Italian flair

    Italian bikes, esp Colnagos have always been known for their outrageous and flamboyant paint schemes, that's part of the charm I think for me.

    While the Cinelli is understated, I feel I have owned too many "safe" understated bikes in my life, thus the desire for the out there, different than what I previously owned unit.

    Still not sure what I'm going to do but I really appreciate everyone's input thus far



    The Black one is the CT-2 Titanium with carbon stay unit. It's also available in in a sloping top tube model. Building that would kill a few birds with 1 stone. I would get a modern bike from this century, it would be Titanium, and it would be a Colnago, almost every thing I want, but the classic part....sigh
    -Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •