After 27 years, I'm trying to figure out exactly what model Peugeot I have. It was purchased in France (I used to live there) in 1980. The serial number is 6066587, so I figure it might be a '79 model. I've done a bunch of research on the net trying to figure out the model myself, but unfortunately I don't know enough about naming bike parts, and although I've found some close matches, I'm just not sure.
Here's what I do (think I) know:
- serial number is on bottom bracket, on mounted plate
- Stronglight pedals and crank
- Simplex Prestige rear derailleur
- Shimano front derailleur (I think this is a replacement part I had to get fixed)
- Simplex shifters
- Mafac "racer" brakes
- Normandy Luxe Competition hubs
- Super Champion rims
- came with Christophe clips (no longer on bike)
- Lyotard pedals
- Ava handlebars
- No decals that indicate anything about the frame - just one that says Cadre Allege Peugeot. Makes me think this might be a lower end touring bike.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks,