Lasst nite I received my Miyata 610 I bought on eBay. It has some problems.
It was described as near-perfect and ready to ride in the description. The seller has 100% positive feedback. But it has issues:
1) Both drop out screws were bent at almost 90 degree angles. I had to saw them off with dremel tool. I was able to remove 1, but the other I can't remove. It's bend was up against frame, so it's likely It may have an ever so slight bend still in it. I can't grab onto it very well and try and turn, as the phillips is kinda striped to begin with.
2) The drive side dropout is bent or out of shape or something - it ws next to impossible to get the rear wheel in place. It's just not well aligned when wheel is in place and it was really tough to get wheel into dropouts.
3) The rear hub/ freewheel wobbles. The freewheel looks like it's floating as it wobbles irregularly. Not sure if it's hub or freewheel issue. It's tight/it's not loose.
4) The front brake cable has a kink/bend. No biggie - I can replace the cable. But it was described as near perfect ready to ride. But you can't ride it with the kink - it's right near the housing.
5) Not sure - as this is the first Miyata I have seen -but paint seems to have white overcast to it (it's the burgandy red Miyata color). It almost looks like dust in some places, but it won't wipe off. Almost like it was near someone spray painting and the particles in air kinda coated the bike. Is that a normal Miyata burgandy color feature - kinda like swhite parkles or pearl - or is it supposed to be solid dark burgandy red.
I have bought/sold lots of bikes via eBay. I received two other bikes with undisclosed issues before, but most transactions are great. This is not a knock on eBay. The seller may also not have noticed these issues - not sure I want to blame them, considering they have 100% positive feedback on lots of prior sales.
I'll appreciate your feedback on the color and also how to remove the one dropout screw. I may just sell it - other than these issues there are no problems. If anyone want to buy it just PM me. I paid around $380 shipped, but without knowing about these issues. I like to ride and I know bikes but I'm not super-mechanical, and I'm not in NoCal or SoCal where there are tons of good local bike repair resources.