Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-07, 08:03 PM   #1
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Darn! Oh well, parts!

I took the frame over to the LBS to have it inspected and they found that the frame was crashed at some point in time =( nice size impact dent in the top of the head tube, just where the top tube meets the headtube, micro cracks found in the paint in the same area =( thats the bad news, good news is everything on the bike is for trade! LOL! I need a group for my Kinesis frame, something really, please let me know if anyone can help =) all the parts you see in the pics will be included in the trade, except the rear derailler, frame and fork, best offer takes all! So please make it a decent offer! LOL!










Last edited by ilikebikes; 05-06-07 at 08:27 PM.
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 08:05 PM   #2
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
More pics =)









ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 08:18 PM   #3
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heres the bike the parts I get/might get/ might not get! LOL! will be going on, the rear wheel Im using has a nine speed cluster (9 cogs) on it, hopefully Ill get a triple up front on trade =) those Campy levrs/shifters you see on the bike must go too!? =)




Last edited by ilikebikes; 05-06-07 at 08:30 PM.
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 08:47 PM   #4
DevLaVaca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Haven, CT
Bikes:
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
blurrrrry... give headache.
DevLaVaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 08:59 PM   #5
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll trade you small portraits of various presidents for the brakes. Not the levers though, just the calipers. They look fairly decent. Also I PMed you. Good luck with yer trades, i wish I had stuff to give but everything in my parts box that I can give is... well... crap compared to what you want; and nothin' modern at that!
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:04 PM   #6
old and new
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You won't make headway:you WILL get offers to have folkes get the parts for free or get jerked etc. Keep the stuff, Do it through a PAY-IT forward,I did that,I gave stuff worth 20 times your junk,the dude paid the shipping.
old and new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:10 PM   #7
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's pay it forward, some sort of concept or an actual entity?

On a side note, despite asking what you want for those brakes; if I were you I'd degrease and polish the crap out of those old campy bits and sell them on ebay if you do have to sell them at all. I have a policy about placing all old campy bits into a for-me-only parts box. If I have dupes or whatever, or if someone nice (such as in the trade forum) needs the stuff I'll get rid of it, but I usually don't just sell it. I suggest you do the same if you get nothing but "hey good buddy" offers.

If you go the "sell it real clean" route, you'll probably net enough to grab at least a new triple crankset.

edit: I done be havin bad grammar.
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:41 PM   #8
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why is it when some other C+V members have the same Campy stuff I just listed its "gold" but when I try to offer my stuff, for trade mind you, its junk? or not worth the trade? Its cool though, no one has to answer, I just thought Id offer this stuff up to the C+V members first, Ill keep it posted till Tues. or Wed., if nothing happens Im sure some, if not all of this stuff will sell on the flea bay hopefully itll get me closer to buying the stuff I want all I really need are rear derailler, and the brake levers/shifters for a nine geared rear wheel Ive got the Campy triple, front derailler, and the nine geared rear wheel, I just thought that it would be nice to get a group/set, but no biggy, mix "n" match time! as long as they work together as a set
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:43 PM   #9
old and new
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by distincthead
What's pay it forward, some sort of concept or an actual entity?

On a side note, despite asking what you want for those brakes; if I were you I'd degrease and polish the crap out of those old campy bits and sell them on ebay if you do have to sell them at all. I have a policy about placing all old campy bits into a for-me-only parts box. If I have dupes or whatever, or if someone nice (such as in the trade forum) needs the stuff I'll get rid of it, but I usually don't just sell it. I suggest you do the same if you get nothing but "hey good buddy" offers.

If you go the "sell it real clean" route, you'll probably net enough to grab at least a new triple crankset.

edit: I done be havin bad grammar.
I refer to a thread here in the forum, sticky can fill you-in or you can find it,we swap or give stuff to flellow members
old and new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:46 PM   #10
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey man, this stuff isn't junk at all (at least not to me) and anyone who claims it is doesn't know how to use steel wool or degreaser. If it's bent, fused with oxidation or whatever then yeah it's close to junk; however, a skillful person with a functional attention span can turn it back into worthwhile parts, if not gold again. I don't know what kind of PM's you've been getting, but don't let anyone's crass attitude get you down.
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:47 PM   #11
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Forgot to mention, I do the "Pay it forward" thing with only certain people that I know will pay it forward, Ive found that most people just "sell it forward" and keep the profits! I guess its a different concept when done this way? but what the heck, at least I know Im not being taken for a fool
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:50 PM   #12
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you talking about the "for trade" thread? If so I'm quite familiar. Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't familiar with the meaning of that catchphrase.
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 09:51 PM   #13
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I Never let anyone get me down My dad always told,"No ones in control of your emotions but you!" Im just letting some know, that I know, what they know, you know?
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:04 PM   #14
old and new
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by distincthead
Hey man, this stuff isn't junk at all (at least not to me) and anyone who claims it is doesn't know how to use steel wool or degreaser. If it's bent, fused with oxidation or whatever then yeah it's close to junk; however, a skillful person with a functional attention span can turn it back into worthwhile parts, if not gold again. I don't know what kind of PM's you've been getting, but don't let anyone's crass attitude get you down.
THE frame's junk,SOME parts are good,see it ?? I said keep it! Some other odds and ends are junk,good junk ,mine was better junk,got it?? Pay it forward is NOT the TRADE forum,it is what is it is,call it it's own entity if you you please. We're all attempting to help the OP deal with buyers remorse or disappointment.
old and new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:08 PM   #15
Dr.Deltron
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebikes
Why is it when some other C+V members have the same Campy stuff I just listed its "gold" but when I try to offer my stuff, for trade mind you, its junk? or not worth the trade? Its cool though, no one has to answer ...
First I must say that yes, your pictures did give me a headache.
Try pulling back a bit after you have pressed the camera button, but before the camera takes the picture. The halfway point sets the focus, and fully depressed takes the picture.
The bikes look to be about a foot from the wall (which IS in focus), so pull back about a foot before pressing the button all the way.

Next is that some people (not you necessarily) think that any part with the revered word Campagnolo on it is worth a fortune! So it pays to know your stuff. And we here in C&V can help there.

Then there is condition of said parts. Your pictures weren't clear enough to determine condition in some cases. And where condition could be determined, it looked medium at best. Worth far less than NOS.
(NOS=New Old Stock) which means that it is new & unused, but 20 or 30 years old. May or may not have original packaging, and in most cases, packaging isn't all that important, as the component is likely going on a bike anyway.

And lastly, we're all cheapskates! Unless you have EXACTLY the part we're looking for. Then you might get a buck or two.
It's "gold" if we have it, "garbage" if someone else is offering it!
Nothing personal, but most, like myself, want to drive a Ferrari on a KIA budget.
A wife, 4 kids, 2 cars & a mortgage will do that the best of us "bike junkies"!

I'll give you $30 & postage for the "garbage" you don't want!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:21 PM   #16
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deltron
First I must say that yes, your pictures did give me a headache.
Try pulling back a bit after you have pressed the camera button, but before the camera takes the picture. The halfway point sets the focus, and fully depressed takes the picture.
The bikes look to be about a foot from the wall (which IS in focus), so pull back about a foot before pressing the button all the way.

Next is that some people (not you necessarily) think that any part with the revered word Campagnolo on it is worth a fortune! So it pays to know your stuff. And we here in C&V can help there.

Then there is condition of said parts. Your pictures weren't clear enough to determine condition in some cases. And where condition could be determined, it looked medium at best. Worth far less than NOS.
(NOS=New Old Stock) which means that it is new & unused, but 20 or 30 years old. May or may not have original packaging, and in most cases, packaging isn't all that important, as the component is likely going on a bike anyway.

And lastly, we're all cheapskates! Unless you have EXACTLY the part we're looking for. Then you might get a buck or two.
It's "gold" if we have it, "garbage" if someone else is offering it!
Nothing personal, but most, like myself, want to drive a Ferrari on a KIA budget.
A wife, 4 kids, 2 cars & a mortgage will do that the best of us "bike junkies"!

I'll give you $30 & postage for the "garbage" you don't want!
Yeah, I really suck at taking pics, I know the way the camara works but they still come out crappy! youre right in saying that some people think that everything Campy is gold, but youre also right in not including me in that bunch no matter how anyone explains the meaning of NOS, we all know that some peoples NOS is just as crappy as something thats been sitting out in the rain for 20 years, NOS (unless you see the actual product) could mean anything, I found a NOS Schwinn Stingray once that looked as if it was sitting underwater for 20 years! but it was NOS! Ill leave your offer in limbo for now
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:24 PM   #17
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old and new
THE frame's junk,SOME parts are good,see it ?? I said keep it! Some other odds and ends are junk,good junk ,mine was better junk,got it?? Pay it forward is NOT the TRADE forum,it is what is it is,call it it's own entity if you you please. We're all attempting to help the OP deal with buyers remorse or disappointment.
What's with the mild hostility? No one's attacking you, or even referring to you, at all. The OP doesn't have buyers remorse in the first place given he got the frame for free from his junk guy, though that's not your fault for not knowing considering he didn't mention it in this particular thread.

As for my not understanding you or what you mean by 'pay it forward', I'm sorry but you're being really ambiguous and what not. Pay it forward, standing on it's own, makes no sense. If you have a phrase which makes no sense, it's up to the user to either a) properly explain it to the 'uninitiated' or b) not get annoyed when the 'uninitiated' get confused. There are no threads, sticky or otherwise, entitled 'pay it forward'. The Trade forum was the next logical 'guess' as to just what the hell you're talking about.
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:29 PM   #18
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old and new
THE frame's junk,SOME parts are good,see it ?? I said keep it! Some other odds and ends are junk,good junk ,mine was better junk,got it?? Pay it forward is NOT the TRADE forum,it is what is it is,call it it's own entity if you you please. We're all attempting to help the OP deal with buyers remorse or disappointment.
You OK there friend? dont go blowing a gasket on us, we're all just talking about bike stuff, I wasnt coming down on you personally, remember, no worrys! by the way, the frame you called junk just might be sold, one mans trash...

Last edited by ilikebikes; 05-06-07 at 10:35 PM.
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:50 PM   #19
distincthead
Overly Practical
 
distincthead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's been fun lads but I'm out for the night. G'nite all!

Tony- we'll continue our conversation via PM tomorrow. Cheers!
distincthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 10:59 PM   #20
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by distincthead
It's been fun lads but I'm out for the night. G'nite all!

Tony- we'll continue our conversation via PM tomorrow. Cheers!
Right back at ya!
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 11:27 PM   #21
bigbossman 
Dolce far niente
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes:
Posts: 10,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I could use the headset for my Palo Alto build, if it is Campy. What are you looking for in trade?
__________________
"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, itís the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

S. J. Perelman
bigbossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 12:06 PM   #22
sekaijin
Senior Member
 
sekaijin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Classic, 1984 Schwinn LeTour, 1998 Gary Fisher Marlin, 1969 Hercules, 1977 Sekai 5000 Superlite, 1993 Koga-Myata TerraLiner, 2013 Trek Farley.
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too bad the frame is damaged - guess that was too good to be true. Still a lot of good stuff (after elbow grease) on that bike. Best of luck.
sekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 12:14 PM   #23
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser
 
Sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southampton, UK
Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.
Posts: 4,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ignore some of the crap that's been flying. That stuff isn't junk, and there are people here who trade, all the time. The things you're looking for aren't necessarily that expensive, either. I sold a Sora triple for only about £20 not so long ago.
Sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 01:01 PM   #24
fender1
Senior Member
 
fender1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Berwyn PA
Bikes: I hate bikes!
Posts: 5,650
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
ilikebikes,

Buy some Mothers Aluminum polish, clean and buff the parts you intend to sell and put them on e-bay. You will make the most money and have fewer headaches that way. If you need help with the e-bay thing, pm me. I live local and could give you a call. I have found the trade threads here good for cheaper stuff. The campy parts should do well on e-bay.
fender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 02:34 PM   #25
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!
Thread Starter
 
ilikebikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
Bikes: to many to list
Posts: 6,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender1
ilikebikes,

Buy some Mothers Aluminum polish, clean and buff the parts you intend to sell and put them on e-bay. You will make the most money and have fewer headaches that way. If you need help with the e-bay thing, pm me. I live local and could give you a call. I have found the trade threads here good for cheaper stuff. The campy parts should do well on e-bay.
Cool, Thanks, Im pretty good with both Mothers polish and ebay, although I have someone interested in the whole thing, Ill keep your idea in mind as it was also my orig plan if things didnt go well here sorry to all others interested, I did say first guy to reply gets it but lets see how it goes
ilikebikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:33 PM.