Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: F. Moser

  1. #1
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    F. Moser

    So here is the F. Moser that I got for a song. I was originally going to pay 50 euro but once I went to pick it up, the guy saw that I had a Jeep and ask if I wouldn't mind helping him pull a tree trunk out with it. I said ok and once it was done the guy would only take 20. Now, this is the second time something like this happens to me. The other time, it happened with a Cilo, which I got for free for helping the guy stack firewood. Pretty sweet! What do you guys think of this bike. It has a Shimano RX 100 group on it. I really like the feel of the bike but I don't know if I'm going to keep it due to me having too many bikes already and because I want to finish my Colnago Mexico (I just bought a Colnago X-light frame also). What should I expect to get for it? If it would help me out with some money to get the Colnago painted I wouldn't mind. Do you guys know what year this bike was made? I think the RX 100 didn't come out till 1997, but I'm not sure if they're the O.G components but most likely they are. I still haven't cleaned it because it's in hiding from the wife at the moment. The paint looks great and it will clean up great I'm sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member divineAndbright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats funny you keep getting some kinda deal by helping out with yard work, haha. RX100 stuff has been around since the late 1980s actually, Ok stuff but might de-value the bike , the bikes probably from 1988-1990 I would guess. You can probably strip it and sell the frame and fork on ebay and get $US100-150 for it.

  3. #3
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divineAndbright View Post
    Thats funny you keep getting some kinda deal by helping out with yard work, haha. RX100 stuff has been around since the late 1980s actually, Ok stuff but might de-value the bike , the bikes probably from 1988-1990 I would guess. You can probably strip it and sell the frame and fork on ebay and get $US100-150 for it.
    And you know what the funniest part of me getting good deals for doing yard work is that I'm Mexican. The Belgians here don't get it, but I'm sure most people from Cali and other states do. I guess our fame follows us everywhere.

  4. #4
    Senior Member yellowjeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    3,267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hum what size is that? i might be interested in helping paint your colnago

  5. #5
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjeep View Post
    hum what size is that? i might be interested in helping paint your colnago
    It's 59 cc.

    What type of tubing could this bike be made of? It looks like the sticker on my Eddy Merckx Strada, but the one on the Merckx has Columbus on it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bibliobob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, late '50s Vic Edwards faux Peugeot, '62 Frejus, '62/63 Cinelli SC, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colngao Super, '74 Masi GC, '78 faux Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '85 Eddy Merckx Pro
    Posts
    2,888
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 Euros asking price? I really need to move to Europe.
    I grow old, I grow old. I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

  7. #7
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliobob View Post
    50 Euros asking price? I really need to move to Europe.
    Pm Sent. I also just got a Colnago Master X-light frame for a ridiculous 21 Euros! It has a couple of dents but for 21 Euros it doesn't hurt to see if it's serviceable.

  8. #8
    Senior Member buddyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    washington dc
    My Bikes
    derosa, bianchi, fuji, panasonic, jamis
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr23932 View Post
    What type of tubing could this bike be made of? It looks like the sticker on my Eddy Merckx Strada, but the one on the Merckx has Columbus on it.
    tubing made to order for moser by columbus maybe?

  9. #9
    Stop reading my posts! unworthy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,383
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's the second time I've seen a decal with "corsa" on it, and the first was just a week or so ago on the Corbetta seen in a previous thread, so I wonder what's up with this? The Corbetta looked like a fake Columbus sticker with a fake dove, but this Moser decal is very different. What size seatpost is in this bike? BTW, a killer deal, well done!

  10. #10
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unworthy1 View Post
    that's the second time I've seen a decal with "corsa" on it, and the first was just a week or so ago on the Corbetta seen in a previous thread, so I wonder what's up with this? The Corbetta looked like a fake Columbus sticker with a fake dove, but this Moser decal is very different. What size seatpost is in this bike? BTW, a killer deal, well done!
    I took out the seatpost it has and it says 26.8.

  11. #11
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyp View Post
    tubing made to order for moser by columbus maybe?
    Maybe. I have an Eddy Merckx Strada that has the name Eddy Merckx and Strada on the Columbus decal.
    Last edited by gr23932; 10-26-07 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

  12. #12
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unworthy1: What type of tubing do you think it's made of? My research tends to lean towards it being Alle, due to the seatpost size, but it's still not for sure and the weight of the bike seems on the light side. Also what year might this be? My Moser has the letter "M" on the toptube lugs opposed to the arrow, like on the fork panto.

  13. #13
    Stop reading my posts! unworthy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,383
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr23932 View Post
    unworthy1: What type of tubing do you think it's made of? My research tends to lean towards it being Alle, due to the seatpost size, but it's still not for sure and the weight of the bike seems on the light side. Also what year might this be? My Moser has the letter "M" on the toptube lugs opposed to the arrow, like on the fork panto.
    I'd just be guessing (where's T-Mar?) but Aelle sounds like a possibility. There was also an Aelle R (I think available in the '80s) that was a higher-grade butted Aelle (slightly lighter tubeset, regular Aelle is straight-gauge). Another possibility is that it's not Columbus at all (despite the appearance of the decal) but could be Dedacchai or Oria. Guessing (again) at the year: it has a braze-on FD tab and WB bosses, plus internal TT cable routing, so a late '80s era would be my guess.
    Last edited by unworthy1; 11-01-07 at 12:53 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •