Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   ISO and For Trade thread parts 2 and 3. (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/489137-iso-trade-thread-parts-2-3-a.html)

Otto Rax 04-20-09 10:10 AM

WTB: 59-62 cyclocross frame or complete. Must be steel, those are my only parameters. if you have something that may work, email me, DONT PM ME.

paxpaxpax@gmail.com

screaminDOHC 04-20-09 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes (Post 8764948)
you may want to check with bibliobob or Night Tiger. There are Cilos in Chicago, and if you're willing to spend $250 on a frame that then needs work, they might know of one. Last one I saw there had the chrome fork and Columbus tubing, was a blue one, 56 or 58....

Like this? :
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...t=DSCF2249.jpg
Blue, Chrome Fork, Columbus SLX...That's the wife's, Having seen what some beat up frames go for, I'm beginning to think I got this one for a steal a few years ago at $200 complete.

If only I could find another.....:(

RobbieTunes 04-20-09 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screaminDOHC (Post 8764996)
Like this? :
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...t=DSCF2249.jpg
Blue, Chrome Fork, Columbus SLX...That's the wife's, Having seen what some beat up frames go for, I'm beginning to think I got this one for a steal a few years ago at $200 complete.

If only I could find another.....:(

Yep, that's the honeysuckle.... I restored a red one like that, 100% Dura Ace, and this spring, it's going triple in the front....

screaminDOHC 04-20-09 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes (Post 8765088)
Yep, that's the honeysuckle.... I restored a red one like that, 100% Dura Ace, and this spring, it's going triple in the front....

Excellent!! This one is a weird mix...Dura Ace shifters, Suntour Cyclone RD/FD, and a Sugino Aero Mighty crankset, campy headset, Cinelli stem/bars...

robtown 04-20-09 07:16 PM

WANTED:

Single nut for BB spindle. This type spindle has the bolt on each end. I picked up a HardRock frame/fork with BB but no nuts - and I only found one spare :(

Thanks

EDIT - A couple members have offered what I need - thanks!

pass the peas 04-20-09 07:26 PM

ISO Raleigh Sports fork
 
I need a fork to fit my large (58 cm) bronze green 68 Raleigh Sports. Mine is bent.

rotharpunc 04-20-09 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screaminDOHC (Post 8764492)
WTB 56-58cm Cilo frameset....The wife has one, and I love it...Decided I want one too, but don't see too many...

I have a Cilo for sale, but its a 53CM

banjo_mole 04-20-09 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotharpunc (Post 8769304)
I have a Cilo for sale, but its a 53CM

Pictures? Or is this the one with the once-chrome fork?

rotharpunc 04-20-09 09:03 PM

No, the one with the bad chrome was my Rossin, this is the Cilo:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...c/GEDC0002.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...c/GEDC0003.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...c/GEDC0008.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...GEDC0009-1.jpg

rotharpunc 04-20-09 09:06 PM

On a slightly similar note, i'm thinking of taking my Rossin in and having the frame and fork chrome plated and getting new decals.

PlatyPius 04-20-09 09:30 PM

I'd love to have that bike.

I wouldn't love being divorced.

rotharpunc 04-20-09 09:33 PM

c'mon, it could be our little secret...

PlatyPius 04-20-09 09:46 PM

I already have 5 secrets stored at the shop! lol. Okay, not really....

The only ones she doesn't know about are the Origin8 3 speed and the Raleigh Mojave 29er. Erm..... and the new one that should be arriving tomorrow.... a new, closeout, DBR Podium 3.

rotharpunc 04-20-09 10:23 PM

I gave up trying to hide mine, but the g/f just leaves me alone about it most of the time these days anyhow. Cheaper and much better than dope, hookers, and gambling, so its all good in her eyes.

mixtemaniac 04-20-09 10:38 PM

Looking for a ~53cm mixte for my girlfriend to use as a commuter/sport-tourer. She currently has a couple, but both are a bit off size wise. Ideally, a mid-80's (or later) Japanese chromoly frameset from Fuji, Nishiki, Univega, Miyata, Panasonic, etc. French or English frames/bikes considered if the sizing/price is right.

PlatyPius 04-20-09 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotharpunc (Post 8769939)
I gave up trying to hide mine, but the g/f just leaves me alone about it most of the time these days anyhow. Cheaper and much better than dope, hookers, and gambling, so its all good in her eyes.

We trade cats for bikes.

She has 13 cats.

I have 12 bikes, with one on the way.

(Yes, I married the hot, British version of the Crazy Cat Lady)

rotharpunc 04-20-09 10:56 PM

I like cats, so I would have no problem with that arrangement

banjo_mole 04-21-09 12:41 AM

You know rotharpunc, the old saying goes, "If the glove or lugged steel bike fits banjo mole than mail it to him immedieatly for free."

You've gotta give credit to those old phrases... *lol*

Nah, it's cool and pretty, but it doesn't scream "TAKE ME" like

nevermind

bad metaphor

mkeller234 04-21-09 06:38 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/5/9256020_ae9db5dcae.jpg

rotharpunc 04-21-09 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo_mole (Post 8770326)
You know rotharpunc, the old saying goes, "If the glove or lugged steel bike fits banjo mole than mail it to him immedieatly for free."

You've gotta give credit to those old phrases... *lol*

Nah, it's cool and pretty, but it doesn't scream "TAKE ME" like

nevermind

bad metaphor

If by free, you mean $200+shipping, then I'll do it ASAP! :p

screaminDOHC 04-21-09 08:12 AM

asdkfbasdifbhasdhbasdfasf!!!!!!

I wish the Cilo was a 58cm. :(

JunkYardBike 04-21-09 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screaminDOHC (Post 8771378)
asdkfbasdifbhasdhbasdfasf!!!!!!

I wish the Cilo was a 58cm. :(

rotharpunc's is a Japanese made Cilo, I believe. Not shabby (Tange 2 tubing?) but not quite as high end as your SLX machine. It's possible your Cilo would have a superior ride - or at the very least, a Japanese built Cilo, or even the Swiss built example I link to, might ride differently than you expect.

screaminDOHC 04-21-09 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkYardBike (Post 8771550)
rotharpunc's is a Japanese made Cilo, I believe. Not shabby (Tange 2 tubing?) but not quite as high end as your SLX machine. It's possible your Cilo would have a superior ride - or at the very least, a Japanese built Cilo, or even the Swiss built example I link to, might ride differently than you expect.

Very True....I was surprised how light the SLX is.....if I remember right, it weighed in around 19lbs...it's a smaller frame though...probably 52cm...it does, however have a decal that says "CILO: Handbuilt in Switzerland"

screaminDOHC 04-21-09 09:14 AM

cool looking frame
http://openbicycle.com/blog/wp-conte...mages/cilo.JPG

rotharpunc 04-21-09 11:52 AM

WANTED:
24T 74BCD chain ring in silver


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.