Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved) (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/491452-whered-you-ride-today-new-improved.html)

tugrul 11-13-11 09:50 PM

Ran the Maine ocean front from Portsmouth up to Ogunquit, and some quiet interior roads most of the way back. About 40 miles, including the walk across the dead bridge standing on the Piscataqua River.

My Tempo at the beach.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K.../Photo0017.jpg

WNG 11-13-11 10:13 PM

We had overcast and rainy weather for the long weekend. But the sun managed to peek through and I went out for a quick 18 mile ride. The route is unremarkable, as is most of the scenery.
But I do get a decent view when there is a clearing. Low clouds hovering over Superstition Mtn.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6216/...d6bb506c_o.jpg

simmonsgc 11-19-11 07:52 PM

My wife and I did 26 miles where we live in the mountains of western NC. Beautiful day, beautiful views, great ride.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMG_0753.jpg

simmonsgc 11-19-11 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNG (Post 13489690)
Low clouds hovering over Superstition Mtn.

What a sky! That is a great photo. Thanks for posting it; reminds me of my last trip out west to New Mexico.

Peter_B 11-20-11 12:30 AM

I rode my 1953 Claud Butler New Allrounder, around and about Mission Bay and La Jolla, in San Diego today....

http://peterbrueggeman.com/cr/bf/missionbay-cb.jpg

ColonelJLloyd 11-20-11 01:06 AM

Great pics, all!

gomango 11-20-11 05:34 AM

I checked the weather forecast before I left for our regular ride.

Snow was moving in fast!

I left all of the other racing bikes on the hooks, threw some Paselas on my Casati, and took off.

Met all of the guys in the Warehouse District for breakfast, and while there, the snow really kicked in.

I decided to head back to St. Paul, but on the way, my alma mater UST was playing a playoff game so I stopped and watched them crush St. Scholastica.

To further dilly-dally on the ride, I stopped at the shop to pick up some defog for the glasses.

Fun ride! Only 23 miles, but they were hard fought. :)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6231/6...2a89641d_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6094/6...48339ca3_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6107/6...5de046cc_o.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6236/6...67809663_o.jpg

WNG 11-20-11 06:01 AM

Brrr! Hard fought indeed. Hats off to ya!

Picchio Special 11-20-11 06:22 AM

Yesterday did 23 miles (plus to and from) with the local bike club C Group (with some B Groupers slumming it for the day). Couldn't quite hang with the school of fish that darted off the front, though I fought the wind (not my thing) to close it down, and almost made it. So was next in. To put it in perspective, it was my first hard group ride since my right hip problems kicked in over three years ago, and followed two months of intense PT. The hip is by no means 100%, but neither was it a hindrance yesterday - felt OK throughout, despite how hard I was pushing on the hills and against the headwind. I was also the only rider on a steel Rivendell with 650b's, bar ends, and mountain bike shoes. Can't wait for spring - though I have a long winter of continued stretching and strengthening ahead. Still, first time I've felt like a cyclist in years. Thanks for allowing me to unload my personal stuff here, especially in the absence of pics.

gomango 11-20-11 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picchio Special (Post 13513208)
Yesterday did 23 miles (plus to and from) with the local bike club C Group (with some B Groupers slumming it for the day). Couldn't quite hang with the school of fish that darted off the front, though I fought the wind (not my thing) to close it down, and almost made it. So was next in. To put it in perspective, it was my first hard group ride since my right hip problems kicked in over three years ago, and followed two months of intense PT. The hip is by no means 100%, but neither was it a hindrance yesterday - felt OK throughout, despite how hard I was pushing on the hills and against the headwind. I was also the only rider on a steel Rivendell with 650b's, bar ends, and mountain bike shoes. Can't wait for spring - though I have a long winter of continued stretching and strengthening ahead. Still, first time I've felt like a cyclist in years. Thanks for allowing me to unload my personal stuff here, especially in the absence of pics.

Way to go!

Keep at it, as the rewards are coming to you.

After having surgeries three years in a row, and gaining way too much weight, the ship does eventually right itself.

Just a thought, but cross country skiing is right around the corner.

Could be another way to build muscle strength and endurance.

WNG 11-24-11 08:01 PM

Wow Chuck! Most impressive. You have my respect, I will try this on my next birthday. Nice Epic build. How she compare to the Austro-Daimler?

YoKev 11-25-11 03:41 PM

I did a 30 mile route, roughly split between Ulster and Dutchess Counties.

From my house in Kingston, I rode over the Rhinecliff Bridge and soaked in the perfect day on some textbook country roads in Rhinebeck, then came back across the bridge and rode along the Hudson on Ulster Landing Road back to my place. Overly simplistic description, but it was a great ride. Here are a couple pictures I snapped:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMAG0294.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMAG0299.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMAG0308.jpg

JReade 11-25-11 04:27 PM

Not today, but yesterday. I forgot to turn off my regular alarm, so I was up at 5 am :mad: but figured, the whole lemons into lemonade thing, so I grabbed my 1984 focus, and took off.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7168/6...27f09555_z.jpg

The pinellas trail. A rails to trails MUP that is something like 55 miles long? I dont know I just wanted to ride a long way, and this has a ton of stuff around it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6...a0b4fcab_z.jpg

It was a little chilly, so I grabbed a t shirt (which happened to still be in my truck from the ALS ride I worked), and wore it over my jersey for a bit.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6238/6...0c43d647_z.jpg

The trail has overpasses over the busier streets, which is pretty nice, except for the steep climbs.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7174/6...de54a73e_z.jpg

Rest stop for water/snack
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6...26579824_z.jpg

Warmed up a bit so off came the shirt.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7022/6...e8a7c467_z.jpg

St. Pete Pier.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7153/6...7a282ce6_z.jpg

All said and done, 61.8 miles. At some point, the jockey wheels started squealing something fierce. :mad: so it sounded horrible for about 30 miles or so.

JReade 11-25-11 04:34 PM

Despite the long ride yesterday, I couldn't resist the weather. I took my truck in for some maintenance before I try and trade it in, so I took my Univega in the back and rode into downtown.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6...f16a5806_z.jpg
St Pete times forum, home of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I actually moved to within 2 miles of here, to ride this bike to games.

Fort Brooke Park, in downtown.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6233/6...091cc3b4_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6...18d3dcf2_z.jpg

Curtis Hixson park in downtown. It was a nice warm November day, but nobody around for the holidays, so I had my run of the place.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6...67c3a2fc_z.jpg

abarth 11-25-11 10:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fox Island and Gig Harbor, WA. 30miles with 2000ft of elevation. Wanted to do a 50 miler but riding buddy had to go Black Friday shopping.

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...5&d=1322282796

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...6&d=1322282802

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=228285http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=228286

ColonelJLloyd 11-25-11 11:44 PM

Rode around some parks and trails throughout Louisville with fellow C&Ver oggypop today. Nice weather and scenery.

http://gallery.me.com/justinhughes/1...13222671360001

http://gallery.me.com/justinhughes/1...13222856370001

http://gallery.me.com/justinhughes/1...13222670530001

scozim 11-25-11 11:44 PM

Very cool, Abarth. I wanted to go today but the winds were 20 mph+. Got 23 miles in yesterday, though, at 27 degrees - not bad once I warmed up. I like riding some of those roads in the Gig Harbor area although some of the climbs can get a little old.

abarth 11-26-11 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scozim (Post 13533295)
Very cool, Abarth. I wanted to go today but the winds were 20 mph+. Got 23 miles in yesterday, though, at 27 degrees - not bad once I warmed up. I like riding some of those roads in the Gig Harbor area although some of the climbs can get a little old.

27degrees is a bit cool to be outside. I did a 32degrees last Sunday, wasn't bad either, but I had ice formed on my facial hair. Have you done Vashon Island? It is like Gig Harbor with a much better view.

abarth 11-26-11 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd (Post 13533294)

Very nice color.

JJScaliger 11-27-11 05:22 PM

I came back from visiting the in-laws in Florida last night. I have a Bianchi at their house (my old commuter), but I missed my De Rosa. Rode 40 today in Scituate RI. Vacation pics vs. RI pics offer an interesting contrast.

Pine Island Florida

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...eIsland008.jpg

Stringfellow Rd Pine Island

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...eIsland009.jpg

Trimtown Road Scituate

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...eIsland004.jpg

Old school house turned into a post office

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...eIsland002.jpg

news said the high was 58 degrees in RI; it was low 80s in sw florida all week. Believe it or not I like riding here better. The roads undulate; Florida is flat as a pancake.

JReade 11-27-11 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJScaliger (Post 13538002)
news said the high was 58 degrees in RI; it was low 80s in sw florida all week. Believe it or not I like riding here better. The roads undulate; Florida is flat as a pancake.

Down that far south, yeah. It's not exciting, just exercise.

JJScaliger 12-01-11 10:23 PM

Had the day off, rode 43 miles this afternoon. Picture less murky than Sunday.

Waterman Hill Rd Coventry RI

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...CoventryRI.jpg

gratutitous fuzzy bike shot at historic cemetary.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...rdcoventry.jpg

The mighty Pawtuxet river Hope village RI

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...iverHopeRI.jpg

It was 45 degrees and a little windy at times today; more seasonably appropriate than the weather in November. I almost needed shoe covers.

scozim 12-02-11 09:36 AM

Got in a nice 28-30 mile ride with Abarth yesterday south of Seattle. Temps in the low 40's and very little wind. Abarth has a nice collection of C&V bikes and was on his Trek 560 while I was on my Gitane Sprint. Only took two years to get together and actually get a ride in together - but it's always nice to ride with a fellow C&V'er.

due ruote 12-02-11 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoKev (Post 13532128)
I did a 30 mile route, roughly split between Ulster and Dutchess Counties.

From my house in Kingston, I rode over the Rhinecliff Bridge and soaked in the perfect day on some textbook country roads in Rhinebeck, then came back across the bridge and rode along the Hudson on Ulster Landing Road back to my place. Overly simplistic description, but it was a great ride. Here are a couple pictures I snapped:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...s/IMAG0294.jpg
]

Super nice. Love that first pic.

JohnDThompson 12-02-11 07:09 PM

Rode to work today since it was dry again. Left just before sunrise, 18F. Came home just before sunset, 26F.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 AM.