Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 398 of 428 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 10680
  1. #9926
    Chainstay Brake Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,866
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob65 View Post
    Might as well show mine.....put on your sunglasses lol!

    The paint is really nice, so I'll leave it as is.


    I upgraded the RD and hubs to Deore LX...still looking for a bottom pull FD. A forum member had a NOS set of black Deore LX canti's for sale, but I forgot who it was.

    Robert
    sweet paint job
    1986 Diamondback Apex ~ 1988 Diamondback Ascent EX ~ 1989 Jamis Dakar ~ 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp
    1993 Trek 8300 Composite ~ 1993 Diamondback Axis Team Titanium ~ 1995 Diamondback Apex

    Join the Chainstay Brake Mafia!

  2. #9927
    Senior Member tmh657's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rekmeyata View Post
    Wow, that looks to be in really nice condition for early 80's 710. Is it mostly original components? You found this where?
    Forgot to mention it's a 1000. Matches the catalog specs exactly but they did make blue as well in '81. A touring saddle would be nice. It's original except for saddle, tires and a new chain.

    Oh, and brake hoods, they are on the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmh657; 12-03-13 at 03:05 PM.

  3. #9928
    babylon by bike Standalone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Haven, CT, USA
    My Bikes
    Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arkel bags--a pair of t-42's and a "Lunchbox", with a diamondback bike outfitted with Kool Stops and slick 1.5" tires... one hundred samolians, dudes. Extra tires, tubes, and stands "thrown in." CL Photo.



    Even my wife was pretty psyched when I walked in the door with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Standalone
    Wow. Those are nice. I'm not even angry about that.
    Last edited by Standalone; 12-03-13 at 08:52 PM.
    The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. Christopher Morley

  4. #9929
    Chainstay Brake Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,866
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice.. the Outlook isn't the most exciting in the DB lineup but for the price and the extras you did well
    1986 Diamondback Apex ~ 1988 Diamondback Ascent EX ~ 1989 Jamis Dakar ~ 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp
    1993 Trek 8300 Composite ~ 1993 Diamondback Axis Team Titanium ~ 1995 Diamondback Apex

    Join the Chainstay Brake Mafia!

  5. #9930
    Senior Member Chombi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My Bikes
    1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC (Project)
    Posts
    9,551
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet sanchEz View Post
    I am super happy with this catch, they are all NOS and were $35 each. Can anyone tell me when the yellow label ones were produced? I am guessing late '80s but I am not sure. The real challenge now lies in finding another yellow one...



    The rims a kind of considered as the French grail rims from the 80's by collectors...
    Asking prices for NOS Mavic SSC rimset have been running around $300+ at eBay.
    But they don't really seem to sell at those prices.
    I wouldn't doubt though that you can sell those NOS rims you got for 35 bucks each at $250 a pair, easy if you want to....

  6. #9931
    Senior Member Vonruden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ocean County, NJ
    My Bikes
    3Rensho, Zunow, Ritchey, Sachs, Bruce Gordon, DeRosa, Land Shark, Kirk + others
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    nice.. the Outlook isn't the most exciting in the DB lineup but for the price and the extras you did well
    Agree, good deal!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my bicycles for what I told her they cost."

    Get on your bikes and ride!

  7. #9932
    babylon by bike Standalone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Haven, CT, USA
    My Bikes
    Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    nice.. the Outlook isn't the most exciting in the DB lineup but for the price and the extras you did well
    It's a well built bike-- a bit heavy with the bolt-axle wheels and low end drivetrain that's on it, but it was clearly well loved. The soft but clearly constant rub wear on the crankset implies many many miles. The canti brakes + kool stops are really beautifully tuned on it. The gal who sold it to me said that it had been "her baby," and I don't doubt it.

    Too small for anyone in the house, so it'll be sold on to recoup some cost and keep my wife happy -- the bike should go live an exciting life on the Yale Campus for a while.
    The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. Christopher Morley

  8. #9933
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My Bikes
    Centurion Pro Tour 15, Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, Kuwahara Puma, Surly Karate Monkey, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I KIND of saved this one from the dump. It was a paintless frame in a pile of parts at the local co-op. I spotted the fork across the room in a fork bin and connected the two. I'd had a less nice Miele go through my hands a couple of years earlier, so I know something about them. It turned out to be a full Columbus SLX frameset. No rack brazes. I can't tell you how great this bike rides. This bike had to have been top of the line. Miele info is very hard to scrape together, but I think this model may have been a Miele Equipe. The frame was in perfect condition. The original paint just fell off, so I carefully rattle canned it and bought some Miele decals. My intention was that it would be a rider, so I didn't want to spend money on a paint job that would get marred up. It's pretty much all Shimano 600 "line lettering", 6 speed indexed. I'm really proud of this bike as you can tell by how much I want to blab about it! I have maybe $60 in this paint, from the decals and spray paint. All the parts I got by buying bikes and reselling what I didn't use to break even.
    MieleSm.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AngryFrankie; 12-05-13 at 11:16 PM. Reason: sp.

  9. #9934
    Senior Member gaucho777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    My Bikes
    '72 Cilo Pacer • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe (753) • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90ish Parkpre Team MTB
    Posts
    4,038
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^For such a great looking bike, and 5 posts over 7 years, blab all you like!

  10. #9935
    Senior Member redscampi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Great Wet Coast
    My Bikes
    more, more, more!
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Got my hands full now!

    Well, I couldn't figure out exactly where to post this so here's as god a place as any. I answered a local craigslist ad and came home with all of this for cheap!
    What I think I have here is a 1974 Schwinn Voyageur II, a 1970ish Raleigh Grand Prix and a 1970ish Raleigh Super Course Mixte. Bothe the Raleigh's need extensive work but under the grime they're all there and appear to be solid. They both have old school generators and aftermarket fenders, The Grand Prix has a cool little compass and an odometer. The Voyageur II is in really nice shape for the most part. It's missing the stock rear wheel/freewheel and derailleur but otherwise seems original to me. The guy I bought these from took the saddles off to sell separately. He told me they were all Brooks leather
    Plans are to restore all three to serviceable condition. Any insights into what I have here would be appreciated. I'll get better pics up soon when I have time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by redscampi; 12-06-13 at 06:03 AM. Reason: add photo

  11. #9936
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,288
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody that pulls a leather saddle of of a vintage bike to sell separately, should receive a light smack on the forehead. Just saying. LOVE the Voyageur!,,,,BD

  12. #9937
    Senior Member daf1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    My Bikes
    More than I did a year ago!
    Posts
    885
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice haul on the Schwinn and two Raleighs!
    58 Raleigh Lenton Reg Harris Grand Prix, 62 Raleigh Lenton Blue Streak, 62 Raleigh Gran Sport, 70 Raleigh International, 72 Raleigh Professional, 72 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 73 Schwinn Super Sport, 80 Raleigh Super Course, 81 Miyata 1000, 85 Bianchi Veloce, 86 Raleigh Competition, 87 Team Miyata, 89 Masi Team 3V, 91 Tommasso SL-56, 92 Bridgestone RB-1, 92 Bridgestone RB-T, 93 Bridgestone XO-1, 05 Pinarello Surprise, 07 Novara Strada, 11 Raleigh Port Townsend, Royal Enfield

  13. #9938
    Cyclist
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    1984 Univega Specialissima, 1984 Trek 610, 1992 Paramount Series 3
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I saw those on Craigslist...love that Schwinn. Great score.

  14. #9939
    Senior Member jet sanchEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,532
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chombi View Post
    The rims a kind of considered as the French grail rims from the 80's by collectors...
    Asking prices for NOS Mavic SSC rimset have been running around $300+ at eBay.
    But they don't really seem to sell at those prices.
    I wouldn't doubt though that you can sell those NOS rims you got for 35 bucks each at $250 a pair, easy if you want to....
    Yes, I have been looking for a used SSC wheelset for awhile now, I never thought I would find the rims on their own for such a good price. I was thinking of using the yellow labeled 36h rim for a modern build, maybe lacing it to a Chris King hub so that I can run a 9 or 10 speed group which would make it very versatile for me as I could swap it between different bikes. The red labeled ones are 28h and I just have to track down some C-Record hubs and I will put them on my '86 De Rosa as I believe they would be period correct for that bike.

  15. #9940
    ish
    ish is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my bike score of the year yesterday.

    -Park Tools PRS-2 dual headed shop stand with aluminum tool tray and the heavy metal base plate (getting the base into the basement was not fun, that sucker is heavy)
    -1 extra clamp arm, 1 extra extreme range clamp arm, and 2 extra lock blocks
    -The hand truck used to transport the stand to my car
    -TS-2 truing stand and WAG-4 dish gauge
    -Craftsman portable tool chest filled with Craftsman and some Park hand tools
    -Brand new Craftsman ratchet/socket/wrench set
    -Crate of about 20 various used hubs (medium quality) and many packages of new Wheelsmith spokes
    -Used Campy Record 10 speed cassette
    -A literal "basket case" (the bike is in boxes) Schwinn Spitfire 5 that seems to be in good condition

    The seller was a bike mechanic who had to move within a couple of days. I actually went there just to pick up the stand but he kept piling stuff onto the deal at a crazy bundle price because he needed to get rid of it.

  16. #9941
    Senior Member jeirvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    My Bikes
    Too many to count. No wait: eight. I have eight bikes.
    Posts
    1,458
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Please post pics. And if any of the hubs are 36h 600's let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ish View Post
    I got my bike score of the year yesterday.

    -Park Tools PRS-2 dual headed shop stand with aluminum tool tray and the heavy metal base plate (getting the base into the basement was not fun, that sucker is heavy)
    -1 extra clamp arm, 1 extra extreme range clamp arm, and 2 extra lock blocks
    -The hand truck used to transport the stand to my car
    -TS-2 truing stand and WAG-4 dish gauge
    -Craftsman portable tool chest filled with Craftsman and some Park hand tools
    -Brand new Craftsman ratchet/socket/wrench set
    -Crate of about 20 various used hubs (medium quality) and many packages of new Wheelsmith spokes
    -Used Campy Record 10 speed cassette
    -A literal "basket case" (the bike is in boxes) Schwinn Spitfire 5 that seems to be in good condition

    The seller was a bike mechanic who had to move within a couple of days. I actually went there just to pick up the stand but he kept piling stuff onto the deal at a crazy bundle price because he needed to get rid of it.
    The man who dies with the most toys…is dead. - Rootboy

  17. #9942
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryFrankie View Post
    I KIND of saved this one from the dump. It was a paintless frame in a pile of parts at the local co-op. I spotted the fork across the room in a fork bin and connected the two. I'd had a less nice Miele go through my hands a couple of years earlier, so I know something about them. It turned out to be a full Columbus SLX frameset. No rack brazes. I can't tell you how great this bike rides. This bike had to have been top of the line. Miele info is very hard to scrape together, but I think this model may have been a Miele Equipe. The frame was in perfect condition. The original paint just fell off, so I carefully rattle canned it and bought some Miele decals. My intention was that it would be a rider, so I didn't want to spend money on a paint job that would get marred up. It's pretty much all Shimano 600 "line lettering", 6 speed indexed. I'm really proud of this bike as you can tell by how much I want to blab about it! I have maybe $60 in this paint, from the decals and spray paint. All the parts I got by buying bikes and reselling what I didn't use to break even.
    MieleSm.jpg
    Great job on the Miele!!!! Looks great. Amazing budget build.

  18. #9943
    DRF aka Thrifty Bill wrk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The NC Mountains
    My Bikes
    Too many to list, all vintage
    Posts
    18,868
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ish View Post
    I got my bike score of the year yesterday.

    -Park Tools PRS-2 dual headed shop stand with aluminum tool tray and the heavy metal base plate (getting the base into the basement was not fun, that sucker is heavy)
    -1 extra clamp arm, 1 extra extreme range clamp arm, and 2 extra lock blocks
    -The hand truck used to transport the stand to my car
    -TS-2 truing stand and WAG-4 dish gauge
    -Craftsman portable tool chest filled with Craftsman and some Park hand tools
    -Brand new Craftsman ratchet/socket/wrench set
    -Crate of about 20 various used hubs (medium quality) and many packages of new Wheelsmith spokes
    -Used Campy Record 10 speed cassette
    -A literal "basket case" (the bike is in boxes) Schwinn Spitfire 5 that seems to be in good condition

    The seller was a bike mechanic who had to move within a couple of days. I actually went there just to pick up the stand but he kept piling stuff onto the deal at a crazy bundle price because he needed to get rid of it.
    I love my PRS-2, Similar to you, I got my TS-2 truing stand and my PRS-2 work stand from a bike shop that was closing. We seem to have one around here go under every six months or so. I've gotten everything from used parts and tools to neon signs from bike shops that were closing. It can be a win-win, as typically they need to vacate the space quickly, and a buyer taking a large bundle can really help them out. I've also bought new consumables from shops: tubes, tires, cables, whatever.

  19. #9944
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cowan Heights, CA and Beaufort, NC
    My Bikes
    Wizard, Eisentraut, Paramount, Litton, Colnago, Turner, Surley, Trek, Kona, Fuji, Scott, Landshark, Centurion, Hujsak
    Posts
    548
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up this '82 Trek 614 for a song yesterday. Garage wear, all the parts, less wheels. It has steel bolt on wheels that weigh several hundred pounds...


  20. #9945
    Jack of all trades anixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    My Bikes
    Pug Triathlon&PRN-10 Ventana El Saltamontes Spec Stumpjumper Conversion
    Posts
    2,311
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeregrineA1 View Post
    It has steel bolt on wheels that weigh several hundred pounds...
    Put me back on my bike! -- Tom Simpson

  21. #9946
    Senior Member Pibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    AdMo
    My Bikes
    cannondales 84 ST500; 87SR500; 95 CAAD 3 Silk Road 500; 99 CAAD 3 Frameset(project)
    Posts
    477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeregrineA1 View Post
    Picked up this '82 Trek 614 for a song yesterday. Garage wear, all the parts, less wheels. It has steel bolt on wheels that weigh several hundred pounds...

    LOL hate the weight! no matter....

    i do love that triple with the bail out gear though. i miss my trek 620 a bit, these days

  22. #9947
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    My Bikes
    '73 Flandria 3 speed, '88 Merckx Corsa Extra, '94 Kona Kilauea, '95 Trek 750
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a year of taking the roundabout way to work on every trash day looking for my own "saved from the dump" I finally scored this 1972 Raleigh Record in original condition including the Wrights leather saddle. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, my hands were freezing

    I almost threw my back out hoisting this boat anchor into the back of the pickup but I got it running with only new tires and cables (and total breakdown, cleaning and regreasing). I also replaced the stem shifters with a set of downtube shifters I had laying around. I took it out for the first ride this weekend in a light snowfall and I kinda like the ride. With the 1-1/4" tires and super slack headtube it's actually perfect for what I wanted it for- grocery runs, indoor rollers, and foul weather gravel/bike path rides.

  23. #9948
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,288
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You learn something new every day. I wasn't aware of any saddle back then that had black painted rails. I thought that was a modern Brooks invention to save manufacturing costs? NICE find in that condition, though.,,,,BD

  24. #9949
    Senior Member auchencrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,266
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nice save, Lotekmod. From the trash yet!
    I think you will find these bikes are worth upgrading with a set of alloy wheels.

    (Of course, you'll really have to double-down on your trash-day patrol to find a nice set!)
    - Auchen

  25. #9950
    Senior Member billnuke1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    the "Cape"
    My Bikes
    Almost hundreds!
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotekmod View Post
    After a year of taking the roundabout way to work on every trash day looking for my own "saved from the dump" I finally scored this 1972 Raleigh Record in original condition including the Wrights leather saddle. Sorry for the fuzzy photo, my hands were freezing

    I almost threw my back out hoisting this boat anchor into the back of the pickup but I got it running with only new tires and cables (and total breakdown, cleaning and regreasing). I also replaced the stem shifters with a set of downtube shifters I had laying around. I took it out for the first ride this weekend in a light snowfall and I kinda like the ride. With the 1-1/4" tires and super slack headtube it's actually perfect for what I wanted it for- grocery runs, indoor rollers, and foul weather gravel/bike path rides.
    These are great riders! I've got a bunch of these old Raleighs and I'll take them out when the kids come to visit. They are all strong riders and these bikes are great handling bikes for them. No drama!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •