Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 419 of 423 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 10567
  1. #10451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to pick up a touring fixer upper from a local flipper and ended up bringing this with me too, it's in super nice condition and couldn't pass on it


  2. #10452
    WNG
    WNG is offline
    Spin Forest! Spin! WNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arrid Zone-a
    My Bikes
    I used to have many. And I Will again.
    Posts
    5,903
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thinktubes View Post
    Been sitting for over 15 years....

    That's my fantasy....hoping to find that vintage holy grail Celeste Bianchi adorned in Campagnolo, sitting in a corner of a garage or basement for decades....in my size of course.
    Congrats on your score.

    Looks like a mix of Chorus, C-Record, Athena?
    “You meet the nicest people on two wheels!"
    "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." ~Albert Einstein

  3. #10453
    Senior Member 2000Para853red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    My Bikes
    Numerous Schwinns, Bianchi, BMC & Wilier
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1972 Schwinn Suburban 5-sp.....was in a trash pile with the original tires that only needed air. Later that week I came home to my horror to find my sweet little wife had two potted plants hanging from it with a crafty little sign she made stating "Welcome to Our Home!!!!" I have finally wrestled it from her pretty little hand and the full restoration has begun.

  4. #10454
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,049
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guzziee View Post
    Went to pick up a touring fixer upper from a local flipper and ended up bringing this with me too, it's in super nice condition and couldn't pass on it

    Wow, you don't see 990's that often. I was stupid and sold mine. Oversize LUGGED True Temper OX, with Deore DX. Sweet bike!!!,,,,BD
    Last edited by Bikedued; 07-11-14 at 11:28 AM.
    "Whale. Oil. Beef. Hooked!" The Rumjacks

  5. #10455
    Fast+Bulbous thinktubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,491
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WNG View Post
    Looks like a mix of Chorus, C-Record, Athena?
    Thanks - mostly Athena I think. I haven't had a chance to really look it over. Front wheel is not original - has a Mavic red label rim and some funky hub (just saying, not complaining )

  6. #10456
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    My Bikes
    Many. Ralieigh sports`s, Raleigh Superbe, sears Spaceliner, Firestone supercruisers, many vintage mountain bikes, random cruisers, and other unique bikes.
    Posts
    1,133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some Miyata bikes One wannabe touring bike. possibly/ im not really sure about the road bike world other then its a road bike it has curly bars lol. the other is a touring bike. Also got a Gazelle SA 5 speed with drum brake wheelset. Already butchered it for the wheels. all where very very good deals.



    1939 Raleigh Sports
    1976 Raleigh Sports
    1977 Raleigh Sports
    1971 Raleigh Sports
    1972 Raleigh Sports-Longtail-
    2005 Rocky Mountain vertex30 -police edition-
    1970's supercycle motocross

  7. #10457
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAM00652.jpg
    1985 Schwinn Cruiser. I found it cheap on CL. Its in great shape.

  8. #10458
    Senior Member curbtender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area, East bay
    My Bikes
    Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miyata 618 GT. Nice bike...
    “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.”
    ― George Orwell

  9. #10459
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    2011 Trek 1.1
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New member here. Really looking forward to diving right into BikeForums and to start things off I'm looking for a little help with a Sears 10-speed road bike I found in my grandparents garage today. My uncle says it was bought in the early seventies before he was in high school. He started in '74 so I've got it pegged to '70-73'. I've seen the name Free Spirit mentioned for bikes of this era but that decal doesnt appear anywhere on the bike so I've all but eliminated that possibility. All help with a positive identification on this bike is extremely appreciated.
    I did some searches for NOS parts for this bike and I'm considering a moderate restoration to "working order" condition. As the photos show, there is surface rust throughout on the chrome and steel but It doesnt appear to be anything difficult. Please correct me if i'm wrong. The frame feels and looks pretty solid to me and I wouldn't touch it aside from a good cleaning, but i'd make sure the moving components were all top notch and safe. Pretty excited as this would be my first project. No interest in value really, just any info that could help me on my way. Thanks.
    2014-07-11 22.35.27.jpg2014-07-11 22.36.07.jpg2014-07-11 22.36.24.jpg2014-07-11 22.36.57.jpg2014-07-11 22.38.50.jpg2014-07-11 22.39.47.jpg2014-07-11 22.40.05.jpg

  10. #10460
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does saved from the cannibalized old parts bin count? I found it already cannibalized in the old used spare parts bin at the LBS I work at. It was in the best condition of the two Ultegra RD6600 GS in the bin so I cannibalized a RD5600 for its b screw plate and spring, the other RD6600 for its limit screws, and a deore rear derailleur for the barrel adjuster.

    After the cobbling together I asked the boss if I could buy it and he said "You can have it.". I'll put it on my Cannondale M600.



    Last edited by TheDavid; 07-12-14 at 08:04 PM.

  11. #10461
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    25,964
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavid View Post
    Does saved from the cannibalized old parts bin count? I found it already cannibalized in the old used spare parts bin at the LBS I work at. It was in the best condition of the two Ultegra RD6600 GS in the bin so I cannibalized a RD5600 for its b screw plate and spring, the other RD6600 for its limit screws, and a deore rear derailleur for the barrel adjuster.

    After the cobbling together I asked the boss if I could buy it and he said "You can have it.". I'll put it on my Cannondale M600.

    Let me know when you find another one...

  12. #10462
    Senior Member mapleleafs-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste
    Posts
    1,739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hemizach View Post
    worst prank ever!!!!

    MSN Entertainment -

    This prank is only acceptable if they use low end mountain bikes, CCM's, Supercycles, Department store bikes, and schwinns..... yea i said it

  13. #10463
    Sheeeee-it! TheDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Let me know when you find another one...
    I'll keep my eyes peeled. On the other hand, I have an Ultegra RD6600-SL SS that I bought as a spare. I'm tempted to transplant a long cage to that one just for fun.... Now if I could find a trashed mountain rear derailleur.

  14. #10464
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the the forum and absolutely loving it. I have a special relationship with bikes because I am unable to really ride them due to spinal surgery, paralyzed right vocal chord, and hip replacement the past year. It's the vocal chord of all things...can't get enough air in to supply the muscles demand for oxygen required for biking. Perhaps that's what fuels my love for the bikes? Anyway I buy them whenever I can, fawn over them and then finally flip them and repeat the process. This is what I acquired this week:

    Neighbor was moving out in a hurry and had Electra Cruiser 1 by the curb as well as the following bike
    The second pic is a Bridgstone MB-6 converted single speed and the last is some kind of Nishiki International from 1988

  15. #10465
    Senior Member GordoTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 930 singletrack, 1982 Trek 412, 1993 Trek 2200 Composite,1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1974 Raleigh Grand Prix Porteur, 1975 Raleigh Sports,1984 Schwinn World Sport,
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wandered down my street to my neighbor's garage sale, he was closing up for the night, and was trying to give away stuff. i took a look at this nice Gary Fisher, noticed the price... 10 bucks!... he comes up to me and says.. 5 bucks and its yours... thats an easy one... its too small but itll make a nice flip.

    20140713_210838.jpg20140713_210849.jpg20140713_210859 - Copy.jpg20140713_210903 - Copy.jpg20140713_210911.jpg
    My Bikes- http://imgur.com/a/WHSUo "You should ride a bicycle for twenty minutes every day, unless you're too busy; then you should ride for an hour"

  16. #10466
    Senior Member browngw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Port Dover Ontario Canada
    My Bikes
    1976 SuperCycle Excalibur,1980 Raleigh Record, 2014 Salsa Vaya, 2010 Giant Cypress, 2012 Giant Halfway Folder
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 90 something Supercycle SC1800 came from across the street. Saddle and rear brake arm are toast, everything else is fine. I guess it will become my winter beater bike. Cost $0.00.DSCF1778.jpgDSCF1779.jpgDSCF1780.jpgDSCF1781.jpg
    We are what we reflect. We are the changes that we bring to this world. Ride often. -Geo.-

  17. #10467
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,049
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am digging the single speed MB-6!,,,,BD
    "Whale. Oil. Beef. Hooked!" The Rumjacks

  18. #10468
    Senior Member mapleleafs-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Veneto, Pinarello Montello, Bianchi Celeste
    Posts
    1,739
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX1 View Post
    New to the the forum and absolutely loving it. I have a special relationship with bikes because I am unable to really ride them due to spinal surgery, paralyzed right vocal chord, and hip replacement the past year. It's the vocal chord of all things...can't get enough air in to supply the muscles demand for oxygen required for biking. Perhaps that's what fuels my love for the bikes? Anyway I buy them whenever I can, fawn over them and then finally flip them and repeat the process. This is what I acquired this week:

    Sucks to hear, but it's cool that you can still be into bikes even though you can't ride them. Wrenching is pretty fun though. So what happens when you fix bikes, how do you test ride them.

  19. #10469
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleafs-13 View Post
    Sucks to hear, but it's cool that you can still be into bikes even though you can't ride them. Wrenching is pretty fun though. So what happens when you fix bikes, how do you test ride them.
    I can ride down hill really good! Then I eventually call someone to pick me up. (Just kidding) I can tool around a little bit, especially on our flat cul-de-sac but I have my son put them through their paces when needed. He has fun with it.

  20. #10470
    Senior Member gaucho777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    My Bikes
    '72 Cilo Pacer • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe (753) • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90ish Parkpre Team MTB
    Posts
    3,827
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have known better than to pick up such a low-end pile of rust, but the price was right and it "spoke to me" for some reason.


  21. #10471
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoTrek View Post
    wandered down my street to my neighbor's garage sale, he was closing up for the night, and was trying to give away stuff. i took a look at this nice Gary Fisher, noticed the price... 10 bucks!... he comes up to me and says.. 5 bucks and its yours... thats an easy one... its too small but itll make a nice flip.

    20140713_210838.jpg20140713_210849.jpg20140713_210859 - Copy.jpg20140713_210903 - Copy.jpg20140713_210911.jpg
    Pretty sweet! Can't beat the price and it's awesome when it just falls in your lap like that.

  22. #10472
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho777 View Post
    I should have known better than to pick up such a low-end pile of rust, but the price was right and it "spoke to me" for some reason.


    I was just responding to another post when yours popped up. Thanks for saying, 'It spoke to me'. My wife doesn't understand lol but it happens to me all the time. My face will light up with excitement and I turn to her expecting, somehow, to see the same thing. Instead I am greeted by an incredulous expression and she says, "Really?"

  23. #10473
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikedued View Post
    I am digging the single speed MB-6!,,,,BD
    Thanks! It's not pretty but it rides really well and one of my son's favorites. I read an article about just how much your mind is preoccupied with shifting and how you enjoy the ride so much more with a single speed. This bike really brings that home.

  24. #10474
    Senior Member gaucho777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    My Bikes
    '72 Cilo Pacer • '73 Speedwell Ti • '74 Nishiki Competition • '74 Peugeot UE-8 • '86 Look Equipe (753) • '86 Look KG86 • '89 Parkpre Team Road • '90ish Parkpre Team MTB
    Posts
    3,827
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX1 View Post
    I was just responding to another post when yours popped up. Thanks for saying, 'It spoke to me'. My wife doesn't understand lol but it happens to me all the time. My face will light up with excitement and I turn to her expecting, somehow, to see the same thing. Instead I am greeted by an incredulous expression and she says, "Really?"
    ^ So, we share the same appreciate for bikes and taste in women?

  25. #10475
    Senior Member GordoTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 930 singletrack, 1982 Trek 412, 1993 Trek 2200 Composite,1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1974 Raleigh Grand Prix Porteur, 1975 Raleigh Sports,1984 Schwinn World Sport,
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX1 View Post
    Pretty sweet! Can't beat the price and it's awesome when it just falls in your lap like that.
    thanks, its nothing special, the components are a mix and the frame isn't the cleanest , but it will clean up. the PO has the security quick releases on everything, and he lost the tool, part of the reason for the price reduction.
    My Bikes- http://imgur.com/a/WHSUo "You should ride a bicycle for twenty minutes every day, unless you're too busy; then you should ride for an hour"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •