Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 424 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 10583
  1. #151
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just nabbed these on eBay for $26 - a NOS "modern" Veloce hubset. Don't know why - I don't need them. Just because they were cheap, shiny, and new, I guess......

    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

  2. #152
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    Just nabbed these on eBay for $26 - a NOS "modern" Veloce hubset. Don't know why - I don't need them. Just because they were cheap, shiny, and new, I guess......
    Interested in another pair for Campag FW's?

    -Kurt

  3. #153
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudak888 View Post
    Interested in another pair for Campag FW's?

    -Kurt
    Naw - don't need any old stuff, and the garage is full enough already. Plus, I have a set of Record hubs laced to Wiennman rims hanging in the rafters, and they have been hanging there for a couple of years.

    I have cut down to 3 classic bikes in my collection - a Mondia, a Merckx, and a pretty blue Nishiki International. Everything else has or will have new running gear from now on.
    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

  4. #154
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    Naw - don't need any old stuff, and the garage is full enough already. Plus, I have a set of Record hubs laced to Wiennman rims hanging in the rafters, and they have been hanging there for a couple of years.
    My mistake - let me clarify that statement: "Interested in another pair of Veloce hubs for Campag cassettes?" Go figure - I called a cassette a freewheel.

    Tell me about that wheelset. Might need it in the future.

    -Kurt

  5. #155
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,114
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    Plus, I have a set of Record hubs laced to Weinmann rims hanging in the rafters, and they have been hanging there for a couple of years.
    An interesting set of rims. Sounds like somethiing that would go well on my Grand Record? The missing link(s) so to speak.,,,,BD
    The one good thing about black cork wrap is that it's better than nothing.

  6. #156
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudak888 View Post
    My mistake - let me clarify that statement: "Interested in another pair of Veloce hubs for Campag cassettes?" Go figure - I called a cassette a freewheel.

    Tell me about that wheelset. Might need it in the future.
    Let's see..... They came to me in a trade with a bunch of other stuff. They look original, and (IIRC) are 27" wheels. I'd have to drag them down to check, but they would probably need a rebuild and polishing.

    Actually - I "think" they're Record. I'd have to pull them down and take a look or show you.

    Man, another set of hubs? I wish I knew you had 'em before I bought these. Now I've got 3 sets laying about - 1 Veloce and 2 Chorus. If they are new and cheap, maybe....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikedued View Post
    An interesting set of rims. Sounds like somethiing that would go well on my Grand Record? The missing link(s) so to speak.,,,,BD
    I thought it an odd combo, as well. But when I went to VeloSwap a few weeks ago, I saw a few others - most of which were on Paramounts. So, maybe it was a "standard" wheel in days gone by? You guys know more of the esoteric stuff than me - I just build 'em and flip 'em.
    Last edited by bigbossman; 12-15-08 at 10:00 PM.
    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

  7. #157
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    Man, another set of hubs? I wish I knew you had 'em before I bought these. Now I've got 3 sets laying about - 1 Veloce and 2 Chorus. If they are new and cheap, maybe....
    Trade is the word with me (at least, until I start running out of money for shipping the stuff ). What do you have? Send me a PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    I thought it an odd combo, as well. But when I went to VeloSwap a few weeks ago, I saw a few others - most of which were on Paramounts. So, maybe it was a "standard" wheel in days gone by? You guys know more of the esoteric stuff than me - I just build 'em and flip 'em.
    Schwinn was the only one that I know of who were stupid enough to spec cheap Weinmann rims on Record hubs. I'll bet anything that they were originally on a Paramount. Do they have raised psudo-eyelets, by any chance?

    -Kurt

  8. #158
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudak888 View Post
    Trade is the word with me (at least, until I start running out of money for shipping the stuff ). What do you have? Send me a PM.

    Schwinn was the only one that I know of who were stupid enough to spec cheap Weinmann rims on Record hubs. I'll bet anything that they were originally on a Paramount. Do they have raised psudo-eyelets, by any chance?

    -Kurt
    I'll pull 'em down tomorrow when I get a chance, take a good look at them, and shoot you a pm. I do know they are high flange hubs. Right now it's about 40 degrees in the garage, and I ain't going out there. Brrrrrrrr..............

    Yeah - I originally thought some dumb-ass built them up that way for a goof, until I saw the Paramounts wearing them at VeloSwap. That was an "Eureka" moment - "of course.... Schwinn!!" Makes sense now.
    Last edited by bigbossman; 12-15-08 at 10:32 PM.
    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, it’s the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

  9. #159
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    Yeah - I originally thought some dumb-ass built them up that way for a goof, until I saw the Paramounts wearing them at VeloSwap. That was an "Eureka" moment - "of course.... Schwinn!!" Makes sense now.
    - Creative editing.

    -Kurt

  10. #160
    Senior Member sk0tt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These two folding bikes were found during a bulk rubbish pickup-

    The red one is a Bridgestone Picnica, single speed with 14" wheels, for some reason it has a Raleigh badge on the front? The blue one is a VICEROY with 20" wheels, 3 speed Sturmey Archer marked "84-11". It says Viceroy cycles Poole made in Italy.


    Scott.

  11. #161
    . bbattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    My Bikes
    2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Trevisio, 1991 Colnago Master, '06 Bianchi San Jose, 1987 Moulton Fuso, '80's Gardin Shred?, '82 John Howard(Dave Tesch)
    Posts
    11,711
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've been dreaming of getting one of these frames and saw this one for sale. Since it was so close to Christmas, I threw out what I felt was a low offer and thought, well, it'd be nice but I probably won't get it but I don't really need it, 'specially right now.

    Sure enough, somebody outbid me. No biggie, maybe next time.

    Then, I get the second chance offer. I could've said no, but I didn't.










    serial number Colnago OH 265 Anyone know what year this is?

    54cm frame. It better fit me.

  12. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Jealous.

  13. #163
    BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE! rotharpunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    54914
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know much about Colnago, but that makes me want on badly

  14. #164
    Arsehole PlatyPius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,278
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
    Well, I've been dreaming of getting one of these frames and saw this one for sale. Since it was so close to Christmas, I threw out what I felt was a low offer and thought, well, it'd be nice but I probably won't get it but I don't really need it, 'specially right now.

    Sure enough, somebody outbid me. No biggie, maybe next time.

    Then, I get the second chance offer. I could've said no, but I didn't.
    ...
    serial number Colnago OH 265 Anyone know what year this is?

    54cm frame. It better fit me.
    I hate you. My size, too. I'm gonna call Ernesto and have him beat you up.

  15. #165
    Senator from Secret Ivandarken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooh, see that Dana three speed gearbox? I need the little sprocket that is on that guy. Wanna sell?

  16. #166
    Super Moderator cb400bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI
    Posts
    7,395
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivandarken View Post
    oooh, see that Dana three speed gearbox? I need the little sprocket that is on that guy. Wanna sell?
    ???
    Laterally stiff yet vertically compliant.

    Viscount Aerospace Pro Trek 770 Cannondale Synapse

  17. #167
    Senior Member Chris_in_Miami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this Schwinn Peloton at a thrift store today (sorry for the lousy cellphone pic.)



    Would be a no-brainer except for the condition - it's been neglected and most of the components have some oxidation. To make matters worse, the nice Superbe Pro derailleurs have been replaced with mismatched Campy, and the wheels are mismatched replacement junk. The frame is pretty clean and is chromed underneath the paint, I didn't see any rust. Really light even with a horrible clamp-on aero bar. Also, it's too tall for me and the $100 price is pretty high by thrift store standards...

    Does it sound like I'm trying desperately to justify passing it up?

    In the background is a dull-in-comparison Technium PRE for the same price.

  18. #168
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
    ... Anyone know what year this is?

    ...
    It's still 2008 for a little over 2 weeks.

    Beauty there. I'm a teensy bit jealous.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  19. #169
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Miami View Post
    ... Also, it's too tall for me ...
    There's your valid reason. The other reasons were are all pretty weak.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  20. #170
    Senior Member sonatageek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    2,685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Miami View Post
    I found this Schwinn Peloton at a thrift store today (sorry for the lousy cellphone pic.)



    Would be a no-brainer except for the condition - it's been neglected and most of the components have some oxidation. To make matters worse, the nice Superbe Pro derailleurs have been replaced with mismatched Campy, and the wheels are mismatched replacement junk. The frame is pretty clean and is chromed underneath the paint, I didn't see any rust. Really light even with a horrible clamp-on aero bar. Also, it's too tall for me and the $100 price is pretty high by thrift store standards...

    Does it sound like I'm trying desperately to justify passing it up?

    In the background is a dull-in-comparison Technium PRE for the same price.
    Those are pretty high prices for a thrift store.

  21. #171
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatageek View Post
    Those are pretty high prices for a thrift store.
    Chris, is that from the Salvation Army racket on Bird Road?

    -Kurt

  22. #172
    Holy Spokes it's Batsman! Glennfordx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    My Bikes
    Too many Bicycles to list
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivandarken View Post
    oooh, see that Dana three speed gearbox? I need the little sprocket that is on that guy. Wanna sell?
    I think your talking to me about this, if so PM me with a offer.


    So Many Bikes Too Little Space

    RECYCLING = FIXING A OLD BICYCLE

  23. #173
    Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo! gr23932's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sepa la chingad....
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked this Casati up yesterday for........(It's best that I don't say how much. Don't want you guys hating me.).

    Ese dicho que me han dicho que tú has dicho que yo he dicho, ese dicho no lo he dicho, porque si lo hubiera dicho, ese dicho estaría bien dicho por haberlo dicho yo.

  24. #174
    www.theheadbadge.com cudak888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southern Florida
    My Bikes
    http://www.theheadbadge.com
    Posts
    22,730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr23932 View Post
    Picked this Casati up yesterday for........(It's best that I don't say how much. Don't want you guys hating me.).
    I already do, so what's the difference?

    P.S.: Did you get my latest PM?

    -Kurt

  25. #175
    Senior Member Chris_in_Miami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudak888 View Post
    Chris, is that from the Salvation Army racket on Bird Road?

    -Kurt
    No, it's at a shop in Broward, they're usually overpriced on bikes but inconsistant. pm me if want more details.

Page 7 of 424 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •