This kid must really be smoking something goooood to think he needs to charge FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS in SHIPPING alone!
Much less start an auction off at nearly $3,000 for a Masi. Heck he can't even give specifics or decent pics!
51cm Miele - Stunning - $600 (West West Queen West)
Reply to:firstname.lastname@example.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-25, 3:09PM EDT
51 cm Late 80s or early 90s Miele racing bike in pristine condition. Ridden less than 5km according to original owner.
Ishiwata 022 quadruple butted tubeset
Campagnolo crankset, pedals, brakes, headset, seatpost
Shimano 105 levers, SportLX shifters & derailleurs
700c Ambrosio rims laced to Shimano Exage hubs
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle
All parts original except the saddle (but I do have the original black Vetta saddle). Paint is a flawless creamy pink. Decals are a little dry, but overall 9/10. I bought this bike for my girlfriend, but she's just not into it. Come take this showpiece of Canadian-made bicycles off my hands. $600 OBO.
- Location: West West Queen West
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://images.craigslist.org/3kb3m63...104f09193e.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3kb3m53...cb6e551c46.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3n63k83...b8f9ab1dca.jpg http://images.craigslist.org/3k13o63...ca12ba19bb.jpg
I usually don't post in this thread, but...
Plush 26 Mega lite full suspension bike - $25
"Plush brand full suspension bike, great tires, great seat. Funcionality and comfort that Plush is known for. We are moving and it needs a new home."
All too apparent that they have NO idea what they're talking about. I'm also not sure they know what rust is...
Just couldn't resist posting...yes, that's the actual photo; perhaps taken by one of the government's spy satellites....:lol:
Misc. Bikes (Marina)
Misc Bikes for sale
one is men's Huffy Dr. Pepper Special Edition
Anybody interested in a $1000 sadle?
Funny thing, the poster originally said they would take a min of $85 and a max of $130 since $85 is what they paid for it.
Now the story has been revised: " I am asking for a minimum of $50.00 and a maximum of $75.00 . The bike was originally purchased for $60 "
What a nutcase!
I would like to offer $200 to see if he accepts since it is OVER his limit.
This guy really hates his ex-wife. Funny read.
^^Too funny. Make sure you read the Q&As too.
This is the most overblown posting I think I've ever read. AND it has VIDEO! I'm not sure if I'm getting this guy's point, but I think the bike is worth a lot of money.
Ohh man... Why does it sound like a couple of guys who stole a bike (possibly a camcorder?), google shopped all the names, and came up with a total of AT LEAST $2,300?
The ad is way fishy and against the terms of CL. You gotta email him for the price? Ehhh...
$650 Schwinn Voyageur. I offered less than half, and don't expect an answer.,,,,BD
Reposted for validity - $1 (Omaha Best-Of)
PLEASE NOTE: This probably doesn't apply to you. But some of you that are selling need to have a good look. There's some guy/gal in Omaha with more than straw between their ears.
I've bitten my tongue for months but I can't take it anymore! Everyone has the right to sell their bikes for whatever they want but there needs be a sanity check on those who don't know what they're talking about. I know the economy is bad and you might have found a "jewel" in the rough but for crying out loud - do some research.
The following is a guide for those of you who are absolutely clueless about your garage sale or thrift store finds.
1) Just because your bike was made in Europe doesn't mean you've got a winner. They made alot of junk, too.
2) A low end bike that was $97.00 in 1976 is not magically worth $400.00 now.
3) Adult bikes don't have goosenecks.
4) If we can see that the chain is rusty in the picture, automatically grade the bike as "crappy".
5) If you get asked how many speeds it has and don't know, immediately pull your ad.
6) Telling us that you found it in a barn is not a rationale for you overpricing it.
7) Take the $10 price tag from when it didn't sell at the garage sale off the seat before you take your CL pic and ask $250 for it.
8) "Light and FAST!" . . . o.k., if you say so.
9) Not everything with those cooky, curvy handlebars is a race bike.
10) Don't be offended if someone offers you an insulting amount less than you want for your bike - they're just smarter than you.
11) Tires are tires and wheels are wheels. These terms are not interchangable.
12) Breaks should be referred to as "brakes", petles or petals as "pedals".
13) Your bike was not made by Shimano. I know you saw that name somehwere on it but trust me on this one.
14) Vintage implies it was worth something when it was new, otherwise it's just old.
15) High tensile steel - yeah, they put a sticker on the bike that says it but I wouldn't be bragging about it.
16) And finally - go ahead and repost that 10 speed Huffy every week - no one will tire of its charm. If you're willing to endure the humiliation, we'll be there for you until you reach your target market.
I hope this has cleared up some things for the cycling-challenged sellers.