For real? So basically buy an Ironman AS IS, then take off the parts...throw a Velocity wheelset and a few other parts on the frame...then include the very same parts you took off...then ask 2-3 times the money? Lol.
Centurion Ironman Fixed Gear Conversion - $750 (Downriver)
Date: 2011-04-11, 10:04PM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
56cm. I have owned the bike approximately 5 years. It has been owned by bicycle mechanics its entire life. Last summer I converted her to fixed gear. Unfortunately, a pretty bad knee injury ended riding fixies for me. The thing is light, and handles like it is on rails. I am 6'4" and the bike fits me like a glove. The frame has zero dents and very few paint blemishes. I have over $600 in receipts for the bulk of the newer parts on the bike, minus the New-Old Stock (NOS) parts. It is an almost perfect mix of new/old school parts. You won't see another like this anywhere.
The bike includes:
- 58cm Centurion Frame. Tange 1 4130 Chromoly tubing (second to top of the line for the era). Made in Japan. Original 80's paint. Very clean.
- Velocity Anti-Freeze Green Deep Vs with Origin 8 Track Hubs
-Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres in 700x35 (less than 100 miles)
- Late 80's Vintage Shimano 105 Cranks with 44T 105 chainwheel.
- Late 80's Vintage Shimano Front + Rear brakes with Fly SPS "SOFT" brake shoes. (Rear is not currently installed.)
- NOS Mid 80's Vintage WHITE Odyssey Old School BMX lever for front. Super rare, nearly impossible to find.
- Late 80's Vintage Shimano 105 Aero Brake levers with NOS black brake hoods. (Not installed, but included.)
- Odyssey Linear Slic Cable - White
- 16T rear cog and lockring. (Less than 100 miles)
- The Shadow Conspiracy white Half-Link BMX chain. (Less than 100 miles)
- Stronglight TITANIUM bottom bracket with ceramic bearings. (These go for >$150 on eBay. Installed when I purchased bike)
- Alloy Micro-Adjust seat post.
- Ano'd Aluminum Water Bottle Bolts
- Late 80's Vintage Nitto Quill Stem
- Late 80's Vintage Shimano 105 Headset
- Origin 8 Riser bars Powder Coated Neon Green
- Primo Josh Stricter Translucent Green Pedals
- Limited Ed. Summer 2010 Hot Pink Odyssey Aaron Ross Grips
Asking $750 for the bike. It would easily cost you over $1200 to build something of similar quality from parts. That is, if you can find all the parts. No test rides unless you have $750 to place in my hands.
Not looking for any trades unless it is a higher-end SS 29er (Redline Monocog Flight, Surly, Salsa).
For an extra $30, I can throw in matching 105 Pedals with NOS toe clips.
I also have many other vintage bike parts for sale (Dura-Ace, 600EX, 105, Wolber Rims, etc)
Email or call *734*363*8707
- Location: Downriver
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests