Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 67 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 8895
  1. #1651
    sultan of schwinn EjustE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    3,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Title might say it all (one might have to be on the M part of that to race that bike and pay that price) :

    S&M race bike - $350 (BETHLEHEM)

    http://allentown.craigslist.org/bik/1487127770.html
    -E

    still stuck in the '80s; '70s were good as well, but i severely dislike tubulars.
    I tri...

  2. #1652
    Senior Member 5cagm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    My Bikes
    1984 Nishiki Landau, 1991 Merlin Titanium, 199? Lotto MBK Team
    Posts
    494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little on the expensive side don't you think haha
    http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ171228485

  3. #1653
    Senior Member Bam42685's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Big Rapids, MI
    My Bikes
    81 or 82 Mayata 912, Mystery Peugeot
    Posts
    446
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These aren't even funny anymore. The people who assemble for these companies must do this, because there are too many to be idiot owners with hex wrenches.

    Ten Speed Bike- Good Condition - $40 (Canton)

    Date: 2009-11-30, 5:45PM EST
    Reply to: sale-ahghq-1488825142@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

    Ten Speed Bike- Good Condition. Feel free to email me with any questions. Only $40.


    • Location: Canton
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests





    PostingID: 1488825142

  4. #1654
    Senior Member Bikedued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could just buy a REALLY nice Italian bike for the same price? Sound ridiculous to me, although I might be out of touch on vintage Trek prices. If this is reasonable, I should be
    able to get a much needed $1000 for my 520?,,,,BD

    http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/1489080931.html
    "Whale. Oil. Beef. Hooked!" The Rumjacks

  5. #1655
    Mass Mover takingcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Independence OR
    My Bikes
    KHS XXL
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny,
    Rare Vintage Titanium Racing Bike - $50 (Eugene)
    http://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/1484913621.html
    For me, Tom, an incredibly talented rebuilder of vintage bicycles, it's such a special pleasure to offer you such a gem, a classic, one of a kind vintage racing bike. This bike is simply amazing, a true beauty of unsurpassed quality in brand new, showroom condition. I cannot express how great this bike is, you will simply have to ride it in order to appreciate it! The frame is a vintage Cazzo, which is an Italian sounding name, like all the top bikes companies such as Cinelli and Colnago. It's also made of solid iron, which is metal like titanium, and it has dual triangle racing geometry, just like the all the bikes used to win all the bike races ever. It has an incredible, eye catching, custom paint job that must have cost literally thousands of dollars, and it shifts so smooth, you'd think it was diarrhea sneaking out your sphincter! Rest assured that I, Tom, personally took apart, overhauled and meticulously cleaned every piece of this bicycle and loaded it with gobs of grease to make sure you would be able to enjoy it for many more hundreds of years. In fact, I even took the time to grease the handlebar grips and brake pads for you! This is a go-anywhere bike, and it would be awesome for commuting, road racing, downhill mountain biking or maybe for that special fixie project??? I guarantee that you will love riding this bicycle, so call me, Tom, and come check it out.


    Tom
    3nd3me3p25T35Qc5R19br7d1a31aa6c4b1c63.jpg

  6. #1656
    Elitest Murray Owner Mos6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My Bikes
    1972 Columbia Tourist Expert III, Columbia Roadster
    Posts
    2,562
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...487627632.html

    this one cracked me up. Worth $2000 eh? 1930s eh?
    Last edited by Mos6502; 12-01-09 at 06:23 AM.

  7. #1657
    Old fart JohnDThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Appleton WI
    My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Posts
    12,356
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mos6502 View Post
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...487627632.html

    this one cracked me up. Worth $2000 eh? 1930s eh?
    Not worth $2,000; just worth "2,000" -- no units specified. Could be 2,000 squares of used toilet paper.

  8. #1658
    Member jsgipson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show-Me-State
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EjustE View Post
    Title might say it all (one might have to be on the M part of that to race that bike and pay that price) :

    S&M race bike - $350 (BETHLEHEM)

    http://allentown.craigslist.org/bik/1487127770.html
    That bike is worth every bit of $350 if it is in good shape. S&M makes some of the best BMX frames/parts on the market. Frames alone typically go for around $350 new. The components are nice too. I'm sure it cost 3x the asking price to build. Buying used BMX is risky though.

  9. #1659
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgipson View Post
    That bike is worth every bit of $350 if it is in good shape. S&M makes some of the best BMX frames/parts on the market. Frames alone typically go for around $350 new. The components are nice too. I'm sure it cost 3x the asking price to build. Buying used BMX is risky though.
    People in C&V don't realize that there is an entire world of BMX bike stuff that's actually worth something. They tend to spend their time in little classic bubbles arguing about how much better vintage Campy is over 11 speed Campy and then they find something they have no idea about and make fun of it.

  10. #1660
    Curmudgeon in Training 20grit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rural Retreat, VA
    My Bikes
    1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial, 2010 Cannondale Trail SL, 1988 Peugeot Nice, 1992ish Stumpjumper Comp,1990's Schwinn Moab
    Posts
    1,934
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd say for many like myself the lure of c&v is the aesthetic quality inherent in many older bikes that is virtually non existent in modern cycles and especially non existent in bmx. I've never seen anything but ugly bmx bikes. They're easy to pick on.

    Besides, S&M has it's place, as does cycling, but S&M and cycling maybe shouldn't mix. The only whips and chains for cycles should probably be repair tools/parts.

  11. #1661
    Member jsgipson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show-Me-State
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
    People in C&V don't realize that there is an entire world of BMX bike stuff that's actually worth something. They tend to spend their time in little classic bubbles arguing about how much better vintage Campy is over 11 speed Campy and then they find something they have no idea about and make fun of it.
    No doubt. I had to make sure that I wasn't in the "eBay/Craigslist Finds Thread." I love C&V bikes, but also love to rock a BMX from time to time.

  12. #1662
    Member jsgipson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show-Me-State
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 20grit View Post
    I'd say for many like myself the lure of c&v is the aesthetic quality inherent in many older bikes that is virtually non existent in modern cycles and especially non existent in bmx. I've never seen anything but ugly bmx bikes. They're easy to pick on.

    Besides, S&M has it's place, as does cycling, but S&M and cycling maybe shouldn't mix. The only whips and chains for cycles should probably be repair tools/parts.
    While modern BMX bikes may lack aesthetic quality, the bikes from the early/mid 80's are timeless. I love the look of a chrome bike with blue or red ano rims and sprockets. And who doesn't like some old Skyway mag wheels? That is some great stuff. Brings back some great childhood memories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #1663
    Senior Member Muttley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by takingcontrol View Post
    Funny,
    Rare Vintage Titanium Racing Bike - $50 (Eugene)
    The frame is a vintage Cazzo, which is an Italian sounding name,

    Tom
    3nd3me3p25T35Qc5R19br7d1a31aa6c4b1c63.jpg
    Did anyone else catch the brand name?? LOL

  14. #1664
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what I'm selling ... really .. 49 ... 50 ... dang .... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... dang! ... 1 ...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Shimano-Ulte...item3ca7ca270e

  15. #1665
    Fat Guy on a Little Bike KonAaron Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Two wheeled ones
    Posts
    12,097
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    I think you can get a brand new super record 11 speed set for less than this. You could buy a new SRAM rival group and STILL have enough money left over for a nr classic. You could buy 2 bikes complete with c-record at this price.

    Is Tattoo alive on this guy's fantasy island? 50th anniversary goes for this every now and then.

  16. #1666
    Senior Member embankmentlb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North, Ga.
    My Bikes
    Bernard Hinault Look - 1986 tour winner, Guerciotti, Various Klein's & Panasonic's
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

    I think you can get a brand new super record 11 speed set for less than this. You could buy a new SRAM rival group and STILL have enough money left over for a nr classic. You could buy 2 bikes complete with c-record at this price.

    Is Tattoo alive on this guy's fantasy island? 50th anniversary goes for this every now and then.
    Italian bike project? Did you see anything Italian in that auction?

  17. #1667
    sultan of schwinn EjustE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    3,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by embankmentlb View Post
    Italian bike project? Did you see anything Italian in that auction?
    italian-threaded BB
    -E

    still stuck in the '80s; '70s were good as well, but i severely dislike tubulars.
    I tri...

  18. #1668
    Fat Guy on a Little Bike KonAaron Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    Two wheeled ones
    Posts
    12,097
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I assumed he meant the BB given the bikes he listed. Am I missing something here, or is he insane? Did dura ace make a line of parts lined with gold, platinum or saffron?

  19. #1669
    sultan of schwinn EjustE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    3,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake View Post
    I assumed he meant the BB given the bikes he listed. Am I missing something here, or is he insane? Did dura ace make a line of parts lined with gold, platinum or saffron?
    He is a tad insane... on the other hand at $800 or so that group is really nice. There are some hard to find pieces (like the seat post and the brake levers. These would easily bring $100 each -the levers with the white hoods at that condition maybe even twice as much- so would the headset). It's priced at about 3x bargain price and 2x retail price. Dura Ace 7400 is the single most desirable 80s group set out there (unless we are talking about pantographed Campy's) but still way overpriced. I am trying to build a 74xx dura ace set for personal use and my budget is about $600 (and I am a bargain shopper.)
    -E

    still stuck in the '80s; '70s were good as well, but i severely dislike tubulars.
    I tri...

  20. #1670
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is ANY Rudge worth $950? Especially one that needs restoration????

    1958 RUDGE 3 SPD BICYCLE - $950 (SHAWNEE KS 66203)

    this has been on here once in the summer , i am coming down to check on my 30 ft bus and i will bring this with me if anyone is restoring old bikes, the price is firm, it need some headlight parts and new rubber, and the cables adjusted, it has sit for 40 years and it is not junk just very old, it is in the same paint it came with, i restore motorcycles and high end cars{CHALLANGERS AND CUDA'S** I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO RESTO THIS BICYCLE, i've had it since i was 12 it was stoken for 25 years and i got it back believe it or not just 8 years ago he{theif** blew the tires out and parked it in a storage unit in kansas city, i dated the girl that ran the storage and be damned if it wasn't left in the unit, and i got it back, TRUE STORY this is a classic and not many original RUDGES a re left as it is a hand built bike with the HAND on the crank arm it is valuable and collectible, if your wanting to low ball consider something else i know what it is worth in ENGLAND, as it is BRITAIN'S BEST BIKE and says so under the orignal seat BROOKES seat, only parts missing is the air pump and the headlight pieces, it has the DYNA-HUB I NTACT AND FUNCTIONING, IF YOU WANT THIS I WILL BRING IT TO TEXAS SOON, I WILL BE PAID BEFORE LEAVING AS I DON'T LIKE MOVING IT MUCH, IT HANGS FROM MY GARAGE FROM SPECIAL MADE HOOKS, I DO OLD HARLEYS AND HIGH END MOPARS AND I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO IT AGAIN, SO I'M SELLING IT if seious call my beeper and i will be down there after CHRISTMAS, IF YOU WANT IT REAL BAD I CAN MAIL IT UPS OR FED X--IT WEIGHS ABOUT 40-50LBS-------Gary

    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  21. #1671
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
    People in C&V don't realize that there is an entire world of BMX bike stuff that's actually worth something. They tend to spend their time in little classic bubbles arguing about how much better vintage Campy is over 11 speed Campy and then they find something they have no idea about and make fun of it.
    True.... I once ripped a guy trying to sell a BMX for $950. He answered back with a detailed, itemized list of all the components with links to websites that sold them and damn if he didn't have $1200 in that thing!
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  22. #1672
    sultan of schwinn EjustE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    3,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://allentown.craigslist.org/bik/1503453524.html

    2 Vintage bikes - $600

    I have 2 vintage bikes I think are form 50,s. One is a boys Western Flyer 26" and a girls 24" Goodyear . both are nice shape $ 600 //// obo THIS IS FOR 2 BIKES thanks

    -E

    still stuck in the '80s; '70s were good as well, but i severely dislike tubulars.
    I tri...

  23. #1673
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    18,385
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please email me rather than sending me a private message. My address is noglider@pobox.com

    Tom Reingold
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Employer: Larry's Freewheeling, 301 W 110 St, New York, NY 10026
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  24. #1674
    Я люблю суп abarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She must not really want to sale her bike. Looks like an Ironman clone.


    Novara Trionfo Pro Triathalon race bike - $600 (University District)


    Novara Trionfo Pro Triathalon race bike
    Very rare
    54 CM
    Shimano 600 Group o
    CR-MO frame
    New slick tires
    Aero pedeal
    Great condition, never downed
    Very light
    Must sell contact Sasha 206 595-4733



    • Location: University District
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


  25. #1675
    Senior Member kingfish254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My Bikes
    1989 Dahon Stainless Classic III Folder - 1990 Dahon Mariner Classic III Folder - 2005 Dahon Jetstream P8 Full Suspension Folder
    Posts
    991
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
    Is ANY Rudge worth $950? Especially one that needs restoration????

    1958 RUDGE 3 SPD BICYCLE - $950 (SHAWNEE KS 66203)

    this has been on here once in the summer , i am coming down to check on my 30 ft bus and i will bring this with me if anyone is restoring old bikes, the price is firm, it need some headlight parts and new rubber, and the cables adjusted, it has sit for 40 years and it is not junk just very old, it is in the same paint it came with, i restore motorcycles and high end cars{CHALLANGERS AND CUDA'S** I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO RESTO THIS BICYCLE, i've had it since i was 12 it was stoken for 25 years and i got it back believe it or not just 8 years ago he{theif** blew the tires out and parked it in a storage unit in kansas city, i dated the girl that ran the storage and be damned if it wasn't left in the unit, and i got it back, TRUE STORY this is a classic and not many original RUDGES a re left as it is a hand built bike with the HAND on the crank arm it is valuable and collectible, if your wanting to low ball consider something else i know what it is worth in ENGLAND, as it is BRITAIN'S BEST BIKE and says so under the orignal seat BROOKES seat, only parts missing is the air pump and the headlight pieces, it has the DYNA-HUB I NTACT AND FUNCTIONING, IF YOU WANT THIS I WILL BRING IT TO TEXAS SOON, I WILL BE PAID BEFORE LEAVING AS I DON'T LIKE MOVING IT MUCH, IT HANGS FROM MY GARAGE FROM SPECIAL MADE HOOKS, I DO OLD HARLEYS AND HIGH END MOPARS AND I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO IT AGAIN, SO I'M SELLING IT if seious call my beeper and i will be down there after CHRISTMAS, IF YOU WANT IT REAL BAD I CAN MAIL IT UPS OR FED X--IT WEIGHS ABOUT 40-50LBS-------Gary



    If it is worth $950, please let me know because I have a 1948 Rudge in much better shape. I will make you a sweet deal and sell it for only $850. ;-)
    May the Fold be with you

    48 Rudge Whitworth Sports - 59 Schwinn Panther II - 68 26" Columbia Roadster - 79 Schwinn Spitfire 5
    68 16" Graziella Tandem Folder - 73 Raleigh Twenty Folder - 89 16" Dahon Stainless Classic III Folder - 05 20" Dahon Jetstream P8 Full Suspension Folder - Dahon Mu XL Sport
    - plus various bikes to flip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •