Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bianchi Squadra Information please

    Hello everyone, I picked up this Godsend today, I thank Jesus.
    What do I have here. I read somewhere that this frame is handmade. Can anyone confirm?
    Please tell me about this bike
    All help and comments are appreciated.
    Thanks As Usual,
    Uni


    Lugged Columbus tubing
    Italmanubri Handlebars
    Ambrosia Extra Elite 700C Durex double wall wheels Presta Valve
    Quick release front and rear hub oiler in front
    Bianchi Formula Columbus Tubing front fork (Engraved)
    Universal Brake Hoods & composite levers
    Bianchi down tube shifters
    Ofmega front Derailleur
    Bianchi front derailleur cage
    Formula Bianchi Tubes Cromo Produzione Columbus
    --bi RinFor-- (can't read decal)
    Ofmega pedals
    Bianchi crank
    Bianchi Selle Italia saddle
    Gipie___ forged dropouts (remainder of name under QR nut
    Shimano 600 rear derailleur
    12 speed
    Schwinn Cyclometer

    Made in Italy

    Frame size 52.7 cm (20.75 inches) c-c
    Frame length 96.53 cm c-c (38 inches)
    Last edited by Unicornz0; 05-23-09 at 03:32 AM.
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Jesus had anything to do with it then it would be Celeste.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    If Jesus had anything to do with it then it would be Celeste.
    Hello Otis, I'm not trying to change your views, be contrary or to flame.
    Thanks for your comment.
    What can you tell me about the bike?
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicornz0 View Post
    Hello Otis, I'm not trying to change your views, be contrary or to flame.
    Thanks for your comment.
    What can you tell me about the bike?
    Solid mid level Bianchi from the late 80's with decent mid level components. "Handmade" in the sense that it was not built by a robot, but it is not the work of an artisan, just trained factory workers.

    Put in proper tune it will ride well and be a good bicycle I'm sure you will enjoy owning.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Solid mid level Bianchi from the late 80's with decent mid level components. "Handmade" in the sense that it was not built by a robot, but it is not the work of an artisan, just trained factory workers.

    Put in proper tune it will ride well and be a good bicycle I'm sure you will enjoy owning.
    Thanks Otis.
    I'm missing a dust cover for one of the pedals bearings assembly. Do you have any suggestions where I might find one other than EBay, or which cover will fit with this Ofmega Italian pedal?

    Thanks Again,
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  6. #6
    King of the molehills bcoppola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Detroit 'burbs, east side.
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to fill in the blanks: dropouts are Gipiemme (sp?). The rest of the Columbus tubing sticker says "Tubi rinforzati" (meaning reinforced or butted tubes). Otherwise, what Otis said. Enjoy.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoppola View Post
    Just to fill in the blanks: dropouts are Gipiemme (sp?). The rest of the Columbus tubing sticker says "Tubi rinforzati" (meaning reinforced or butted tubes). Otherwise, what Otis said. Enjoy.
    Thanks bcoppola, for filling in those blanks!!
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  8. #8
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,166
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello it looks like you have a '86 Squadra in Eletric Rose. according to the catalog the 600 rearderailuer must be a replacement or upgrade. very nice ridding bike though enjoy it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    Hello it looks like you have a '86 Squadra in Eletric Rose. according to the catalog the 600 rearderailuer must be a replacement or upgrade. very nice ridding bike though enjoy it.
    Hi Bianchigirll, which was the original rear derailleur? Do you have a link to the online catalog, or do you have it in PDF format?

    Thanks,
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  10. #10
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,166
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello I am not aware of any online catalogbut here is some scans from my catalog. sorry it is not a great scanner. I hope this helps

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    Hello I am not aware of any online catalogbut here is some scans from my catalog. sorry it is not a great scanner. I hope this helps
    Thanks so very much Bianchigirll.
    I took the bike out for a short 2 mile jog this morning and I'm super impressed with the ride comfort, and handling. The ride is so smooth. I measured the chain stays, and it's a whopping 18 inches long. The wheel base is only 38 inches. The chain stay on my 1986 Schwinn Voyageur touring bike is 18 inches, with a wheel base of 42 inches. Wow!

    Thanks again,
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    Hello I am not aware of any online catalogbut here is some scans from my catalog. sorry it is not a great scanner. I hope this helps
    Bianchigirll,
    The bike has a 4 digit serial number on the left side of the BB and 2 letters on the right side of the BB, do you know how to decode this?
    Thanks again,
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  13. #13
    Bianchi Goddess Bianchigirll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camp Hill, PA
    My Bikes
    Too many to list here check my signature.
    Posts
    20,166
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello sorry I have no idea as to what the code is. the wheelbase sounds about right. a roadracing or sport bike has a shorter wheelbase to promote quicker handling.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
    Hello sorry I have no idea as to what the code is. the wheelbase sounds about right. a roadracing or sport bike has a shorter wheelbase to promote quicker handling.
    Thanks Again,
    Uni
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

  15. #15
    no one cares -holiday76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYCadelphOrnia
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the scans Bianchigirl!
    That's the first time I've seen one online. There isnt a heck of a lot of info on this model online.

    I love mine. I purchased it as a frame almost two years ago, fixed it up with what parts I had and road ir for a few thousand miles, then this past winter stripped it down, had it powedercoated celeste, buillt it with a combination of campy super record and modern 10 sp ergo. The bike feels like it was built for me and it's my favorite ride out of all my bikes. here's one pic:

    Mmmm, bicycles.

    I prefer emails to private messages - holiday76@gmail.com

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for the 'Reparto Corse' (sp?) decal. Signifies that the bike is from Bianchi's racing division. If it's there, then the bike is handmade, at least according to Bianchi.

    I'm really liking that paint.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
    Look for the 'Reparto Corse' (sp?) decal. Signifies that the bike is from Bianchi's racing division. If it's there, then the bike is handmade, at least according to Bianchi.

    I'm really liking that paint.
    Thanks Danny.
    I have a compulsion for manual propulsion!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •