Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'85-'86 Bridgestone T700

I've been looking for a touring bike for my wife and came across a Bridgestone T700. Is anyone familiar with that model from '85-'86?

The search doesn't seem to be working and I haven't found a ton of info on it, but I did see the catalogs on Sheldon's site. Does anyone have any experience with them?

They seem to have all the braze-ons I've been looking for (double eyelets front and rear, cantilever brakes, third bottle mount, mid-fork rack eyelet, etc.), and being a Bridgestone I would think it would be a good bet.

My Bikes
    Too many to list, all vintage
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To get search to work, be sure to select sort by "relevance". All the better Japanese touring bikes from the 80s are pretty nice, I have a Fuji and a Miyata right now, had a Univega before that.

So if it fits and you like the price, buy it. True touring bikes (canti brakes, the appropriate braze-ons, etc) hold their value very, very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if that t700 fits you, get it. it may still pay to get it if it doesn't fit-- use the thing as trade fodder for a bike that does fit you.

i had a similarly aged bridgestone 700-- i let the thing go and have been kicking myself ever since. such a lovely bike to ride.