I finally, finally built up my 1970 Paramount with the ugly gold repaint job. Earlier, I had a problem with the rear derailleur and freewheel. I solved it by replacing the Regina 5 speed freewheel with a Suntour 6 speed and replacing the bent Nuovo Record derailleur with a Super Record.
Quite the Frankenbike; Scooper and Cuda don't be too mad at me. This was my first ever build with derailleurs and I haven't used downtube shifters in over 20 years. Still needs some hoods, should get here soon. I also haven't finished off the cable ends because I wasn't sure the shifting would even work once I got it on the road and I ran out of those little crimp caps.
Weinmann Vainqueur brakes, Dura Ace 7401 levers, Super Record FD and RD, Veloce compact crankset, Cinelli bars and stem, Gipiemme seat post, San Marco Concor light saddle(may be replaced by a Brooks), Mavic Module E 27" 1 1/4 wheels. SunTour PowerRatchet friction shifters. Chorus bottom bracket.
The bike actually rides well and shifts just fine though I cannot use the small-small combination(not that I would want to.