Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 25 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 5549
  1. #601
    Ride heavy metal. Maddox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Teenage Wasteland, USA
    My Bikes
    '74 Raleigh LTD-3, '76 Motobecane Grand Jubile, '83 Fuji TSIII (customized commuter), '10 Mercier Kilo WT (fixed obsession), '83 Bianchi Alloro, '92 Bridgestone MB-1 (project), '83 Specialized Expedition (project), '79 Peugeot UO-8 (sold)
    Posts
    1,634
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desconhecido View Post
    Here are some pics of the 79 Sports with the "Eco Rack" attached:



    This is the front bracket attachment:


    Also had to fashion short offset brackets for the bottom:
    [IMG]

    A little bit of boosterism for the 4th:

    Love the updated cork grips, desconhecido. They compliment the saddle brilliantly, and look sharp alongside the brown.

  2. #602
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gna View Post
    The seller still has a few left:

    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...817437255.html

    I put one on the Triumph I gave to my sister-in-law.

    Well poo! the seller is only doing local sales! Anyone in Minneapolis care to help out a gal in Canada?? I can do paypal


    Fi
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  3. #603
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greengage View Post
    I posted elsewhere--someone on eBay is selling some vintage Swiss ammunition bags for use as panniers that would look beautiful on a vintage 3-speed--a little rich for my blood at $112 but they are gorgeous.

    The Sprite is adorable--love that red! And yes--I need some Wald baskets...

    So--while I have you all here--what the heck is this bike? A '78 Sport--with a full chain case and a loop frame? Maybe this is a Canadian thing, but I've never seen this before. http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/bik/1813730214.html Fiona--maybe you need a trip to Montreal? :^)

    oh dear!! she is beautiful!! too bad I am scared to death of driving in Montreal LOL ...wonder if they could box her up and ship here via Greyhound ::thinking cap on:::
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  4. #604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
    Well poo! the seller is only doing local sales! Anyone in Minneapolis care to help out a gal in Canada?? I can do paypal


    Fi
    Fi - I contacted the seller earlier...he's willing to ship...I'm placing my order with him later this afternoon...
    1972 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport, 1988ish Davidson Impulse, 1990 Schwinn World Sport

  5. #605
    Senior Member greengage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know--how cute is that bike? And dark green--I love it...

    I will keep an eye out for saddlebags of that type--I have a couple but the straps are cracked, etc. I usually find them small for the stuff I want to carry.

  6. #606
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohjonnybegoode View Post
    Fi - I contacted the seller earlier...he's willing to ship...I'm placing my order with him later this afternoon...

    that is totally weird because he replied to me and said local sales only maybe he thought I was a scammer but i had added my website so he could see the bike I wanted the bag for....::even more sad::: maybe because I'm in canada?? ::sobs::
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  7. #607
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greengage View Post
    I know--how cute is that bike? And dark green--I love it...

    I will keep an eye out for saddlebags of that type--I have a couple but the straps are cracked, etc. I usually find them small for the stuff I want to carry.
    LOL I thought the bike was black but its still pretty in the dark green too.

    Thanks for keeping a eye out too...I know Old Roads has the vinyl ones too at around 22$US but they only ship within the U.S. Grrrrr lol
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  8. #608
    old and fixed... clubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    My Bikes
    roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic
    Posts
    1,903
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Found something that was made the same year and in the same country as me with a nice SA AWG hub... gonna have to wait for daylight to see the good pics but here is a teaser.



    Nice...the Continentals were their premium roadster from the mid 60's...funky pedals, rear dyno...maybe an SA twist grip? I've seen a few but they were all 64 or 65.

  9. #609
    Senior Member gbalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West of St. Louis
    My Bikes
    (3) 1970's Raleigh Sports, (1) 1968 Robin Hood 3 speed, 1974 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1976 Raleigh Grand Prix, 1969 Peugeot UO-18, 1971 Peugeot UO-08, 1980 Giant road bike, 1954 Humber, 1940ish Hercules Popular, 1963 Dunelt, 2007 Trek 3700 mountain bike
    Posts
    857
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greengage View Post
    I posted elsewhere--someone on eBay is selling some vintage Swiss ammunition bags for use as panniers that would look beautiful on a vintage 3-speed--a little rich for my blood at $112 but they are gorgeous.
    There are others on e-Bay selling the same bags, one seller asking for $20 each, Buy It Now: http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-AMMO-BAG-C...item255b9a16d8

    I bought a pair of Swiss Army bread bags, less than $10 for the pair, for use as small panniers:

    https://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/pr...asp?SKU=FX9255

    Last edited by gbalke; 06-30-10 at 01:23 PM.
    1968 Robin Hood 3 speed...1970's Raleigh Sports Pathracer
    1972 Raleigh Sports............1973 Raleigh Sports
    1974 Raleigh Grand Prix......1974 Raleigh Grand Prix (made in Holland)
    1969 Peugeot UO-18...........1971 Peugeot UO-8
    1980's Giant Project.............2007 Trek 3700 mountain bike
    1971 German 3 speed.........1977 Motobecane Super Mirage Mixte
    1970 Raleigh Twenty...........1972 Raleigh Sports (donor bike)
    1954 Humber Sports (my newest project)

  10. #610
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,196
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    Nice...the Continentals were their premium roadster from the mid 60's...funky pedals, rear dyno...maybe an SA twist grip? I've seen a few but they were all 64 or 65.
    It has a clone trigger shifter (will need to replace that) and a non original front wheel which is smooth as butter on glass, and would say this bike has a ride that equals a full sized Raleigh Roadster which is probably due to it's immense wheel base.

    All I had to do was put a bunch of parts together and find a matching rear fender (pulled off a Galaxy) and give it a light polish.

    The rear fender stays need some cleaning up too.










  11. #611
    Senior Member greengage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your bags! Yeah--now I look there are a lot of the Swiss "bread bags" which I can see might make terrific saddle bags. But the guy with the big ammo bags has rigged them up with straps and fittings for a rack, plus you get two of them, so it still doesn't seem like a crazy rip-off. But one I get started accessorizing, I'll be in the poorhouse. For now I'm trying to make do with what I have lying around.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbalke View Post
    There are others on e-Bay selling the same bags, one seller asking for $20 each, Buy It Now: http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-AMMO-BAG-C...item255b9a16d8

    I bought a pair of Swiss Army bread bags, less than $10 for the pair, for use as small panniers:

    https://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/pr...asp?SKU=FX9255


  12. #612
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
    Love the updated cork grips, desconhecido. They compliment the saddle brilliantly, and look sharp alongside the brown.
    I'm happy with the cork grips -- thanks again for the suggestion. They were a little loose on the bars but a layer of tape fixed that.

  13. #613
    Fir
    Fir is offline
    Senior Member Fir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Saskatoon
    My Bikes
    Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    It has a clone trigger shifter (will need to replace that) and a non original front wheel which is smooth as butter on glass, and would say this bike has a ride that equals a full sized Raleigh Roadster which is probably due to it's immense wheel base.

    All I had to do was put a bunch of parts together and find a matching rear fender (pulled off a Galaxy) and give it a light polish.

    The rear fender stays need some cleaning up too.

    WOW Sixty-fiver, that is a beaut :-) 28" meaning 700c tyres?

  14. #614
    Fir
    Fir is offline
    Senior Member Fir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Saskatoon
    My Bikes
    Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy village day everyone :-)

  15. #615
    perpetually frazzled mickey85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Linton, IN
    My Bikes
    1977 Bridgestone Kabuki Super Speed; 1979 Raleigh Professional; 1983 Raleigh Rapide mixte; 1974 Peugeot UO-8; 1993 Univega Activa Trail; 1972 Raleigh Sports; 1967 Phillips; 1981 Schwinn World Tourist; 1976 Schwinn LeTour mixte; 1964 Western Flyer
    Posts
    2,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd guess that 28" as in 635, not 622.
    1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports
    1967 Phillips Sports
    1974 Peugeot UO-8 fixed gear
    1978 Raleigh Super Course
    1981 Schwinn LeTour
    1984 Nishiki Riviera GT
    1987 Nishiki Modulus
    1988 Fuji Palisade
    1994 Univega Activa Trail (converted to drops)


    Master of the low end garbajj!

  16. #616
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    19,798
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir View Post
    Happy village day everyone :-)
    Is that some sort of pun on Canada Day? Please explain.

    And happy Canada Day!
    You don't read my signature anyway, do you?

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  17. #617
    Fir
    Fir is offline
    Senior Member Fir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Saskatoon
    My Bikes
    Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tom! You know your stuff :-) When an early explorer (forget which one now, Champlaign or somesuch) asked the locals 'what do you call this place?' meaning this 9,984,670 square kilometres of pristine lands, lakes, beavers, timber and mineral resources stretching from sea to sea to sea, waiting to be turned into fantastic wealth for the aggrandizement of interlopers and monarchs back home in sunny europe who would respond by sending 3spd bikes to be sold in the Eaton's catalogue; the local fellow said "Kanata" meaning this here borderless village where my relatives and I practise our ancient and environmentally sustainable lifestyle surrounded by unending nature and a spirit world populated by creatures you just couldn't imagine. Today we celebrate our nation by exploding coloured bombs in the sky and eating backbacon, perogies and cake with maple syrup with some nice beers and we paint the kiddies faces red and white and then we ride vintage Raleighs, Gliders and CCMs to the village square to dance with mounties, loggers and voyageurs. You know, that kind of usual stuff :-)

    I'll raise a beer for you :-)
    Will Tell was no Squirmy Archer

  18. #618
    rhm
    rhm is offline
    multimodal commuter rhm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ, NYC, LI
    My Bikes
    1945? Fothergill, 1948 Raleigh Record Ace, 1954 Drysdale, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1972 Fuji Finest, 1983 Trek 720, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...
    Posts
    12,471
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yo, watch it with the politics, will ya, mac? Next thing you know, this thread will be moved to politics and religion!


    (psst-- well said!)

  19. #619
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    19,798
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the white guys bought Canada from the Kanata natives the same way they bought Manhattan from its Manhatte natives.
    You don't read my signature anyway, do you?

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

  20. #620
    Gearhead old's'cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago SW burbs
    My Bikes
    2 many 2 fit here
    Posts
    2,996
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
    Well poo! the seller is only doing local sales! Anyone in Minneapolis care to help out a gal in Canada?? I can do paypal


    Fi
    My bro' in Manitoba has a shipping drop in Pembina ND. You could ship it there I and I could pick it up for you when I'm up there visiting in July/August, and forward it on; if that seems like a good option to you.
    Last edited by old's'cool; 07-01-10 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Geoff
    "I think that I think, therefore I think that I am"

  21. #621
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,196
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir View Post
    WOW Sixty-fiver, that is a beaut :-) 28" meaning 700c tyres?
    The Continental has 26 by 1 3/8 wheels... Canadian roadsters had 622 wheels and British roadsters had 635 (oversized)... this bike would have competed with the Raleigh Superbe as CCM's top of the line 26 inch model.

    It is a really stunning bike and when I get back from my little mini tour will wire up the lights... I also have the rear light and reflector to mount.

  22. #622
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,196
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir View Post
    Thanks Tom! You know your stuff :-) When an early explorer (forget which one now, Champlaign or somesuch) asked the locals 'what do you call this place?' meaning this 9,984,670 square kilometres of pristine lands, lakes, beavers, timber and mineral resources stretching from sea to sea to sea, waiting to be turned into fantastic wealth for the aggrandizement of interlopers and monarchs back home in sunny europe who would respond by sending 3spd bikes to be sold in the Eaton's catalogue; the local fellow said "Kanata" meaning this here borderless village where my relatives and I practise our ancient and environmentally sustainable lifestyle surrounded by unending nature and a spirit world populated by creatures you just couldn't imagine. Today we celebrate our nation by exploding coloured bombs in the sky and eating backbacon, perogies and cake with maple syrup with some nice beers and we paint the kiddies faces red and white and then we ride vintage Raleighs, Gliders and CCMs to the village square to dance with mounties, loggers and voyageurs. You know, that kind of usual stuff :-)

    I'll raise a beer for you :-)
    I rode my vintage Phillip's Twenty 100 km to come and see my family... enjoyed the wide open spaces, farmers fields, met the biggest friendliest three legged dog, sat and rested by a beaver dam, watched the deer and Herons, listened to the chirp of amorous frogs, and did not even mind the smell of manure... and really appreciated my fenderss.

  23. #623
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    The Continental has 26 by 1 3/8 wheels... Canadian roadsters had 622 wheels and British roadsters had 635 (oversized)... this bike would have competed with the Raleigh Superbe as CCM's top of the line 26 inch model.

    It is a really stunning bike and when I get back from my little mini tour will wire up the lights... I also have the rear light and reflector to mount.
    Yes, it's a nice looking bike. Very nice, and in wonderful shape. I think the Superbe would have had a better saddle, though.

    Don't think I've ever seen that fancy of a chain wheel with an Ashtabula crank. Ashtabula cranks, now, there's a mixed blessing. If you have to upgrade the bottom bracket for some reason, it's probably easier to deal with the BB for the Ashtabula than it is with a Nottingham BB shell.

  24. #624
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,196
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desconhecido View Post
    Yes, it's a nice looking bike. Very nice, and in wonderful shape. I think the Superbe would have had a better saddle, though.

    Don't think I've ever seen that fancy of a chain wheel with an Ashtabula crank. Ashtabula cranks, now, there's a mixed blessing. If you have to upgrade the bottom bracket for some reason, it's probably easier to deal with the BB for the Ashtabula than it is with a Nottingham BB shell.
    I added the sprung Brooks mattress saddle... the stock saddle on many 60's CCM's was a double sprung Flyte which is a torture device. I still have the Flyte saddle the bike came with and will keep it for authenticity but have no urge to ride it.

    That is your quintissential CCM chain wheel with the C C and M... earler models had a cotter crank with the same chainwheel and 50's models had an Astabula crank... these forged models were also made by CCM and are very good quality Astabula cranks.

    Would never change them on this bike as it will stay the way it was made.

  25. #625
    aka Tom Reingold noglider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Village, New York City
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    19,798
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They're heavy as boulders, but Ashtabula cranks are easy to work on!
    You don't read my signature anyway, do you?

    Tom Reingold, noglider@pobox.com
    Residences: West Village, New York City and High Falls, NY
    Blogs: The Experienced Cyclist; noglider's ride blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •