Help with info on Merckx bike
I wondered if anyone could help me to get some info on this Eddy Merckx bike i bought recently. These are a few of the things i know about it:
Under the bottom bracket there is stamped into the frame the following:
One side "M" and "7"
Other side "9041" and "E"
- On frame under seatpost there are 4 labels written "Colombus", "Mexico 49,431km" two places and the EM logo.
- Saddle has "Turbo" written a few places.
- Handlebar has the olympics logo stamped on it.
- Frame has a wine red color with flake.
- Most all equipment is Campagnolo Gran Sport (Brakes, Crank, Pedals, Pegs etc.)
- Frame also has a label which says "Handmade in Belgium"
If you would be so kind please visit my homepage to see some pictures. The address is: http://home.online.no/~hans-otl
I would really like to know when it's made and other interresting information.
Thanks in advance!
Why not email the Merckx bicycle company with the serial # and ask them the year?
Looks like an early 80's bike to me. Maybe made for the euro market since I don't recall any US frames with all chrome seat stays.