Hi I found 2 vintage bikes in the thrift store- I paid for 1 but they are holding both till I can get back with my truck. (I was on my bike when I found them)
#1 - Apollo Custom Sport
* Tange double butted Mangaloy magnesiam alloy tubes
* Diacomp brake handles
* Shimano tourney brakes
* Super chromix steel rims (pretty darn true)
* Deore shifting items
* Tourney ST Cranks
* front and rear rack mount holes
* 33" floor to top tube.
* made in Japan by Kuahara
* Aluminum bars - no suicide brake handles
#2 Araya R200
* uni stem
* uni aluminum bars
* Diacomp brakes and handles (including suicide handles)
* Shimano shifting items
* Suzue sealed tech hubs
* araya alloy rims
* Tang 5 - chromo stainless tubing
* Front has only fender mounts, I don't see rack mounts
* 33" floor to top tube
Sorry no pics, and I won't have time to snap any before I return to pick one up
Araya has rear tire very close to seat tube, so I gather it's more of a road geometry than the apollo.
My riding wishes are more for pleasure, training, and possibly tours.
Don't race or ever wish to.
I'm leaning toward the apollo thinking the rack mounts are better for me, and maybe the seemingly more relaxed geometry. I just wish it had the alloy rims/quick release.
Please give me some tips/advice on deciding with the info I have captured.
PS as mentioned I have about 45 minutes before I leave the house.