Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 1510
  1. #751
    Senior Member 1 Lugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    S.F. Bay Area
    My Bikes
    Mondia Prestige, Motobecane Grand Record, Cinelli SC, Colnago Superissimo, Mondia Super, Titan, Windsor
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riding the Colnago on an MS Tour. Feeling good that day at 42.



    23 years later with my bride on NYE & a little champagne...

  2. #752
    category ii hoarder orangeology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NYC+NNJ
    My Bikes
    i don't have a bike. a few frames, forks and some parts. that's all
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me and the project orange bike at hoboken station, jersey


  3. #753
    Senior Member Hoss Cartright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid N/W Indiana
    My Bikes
    Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photo from today. I'm 55 now and in better shape now than any time since I was a teenager. Regularly doing 125~150 miles each week.
    In left background on stand; Black 1987 Cannondale Team Comp (all Campy), Kool Lemon 1972 Schwinn Sports Tourer resto-mod, Silver mist 1973 Paramount P10-9, Kool Orange 1972 Paramount P15-9, behind me is my Satin Black 1981 Schwinn Super LeTour modernized to early 1990s level, I'm holding my "beater" 2004 Cannondale R600 CAAD-5, on the wall in far right of image is my other 1972 P15-9 Paramount. Yes, I've got a pretty serious case of the C&V virus. On the stand is my latest acquisition, (free gift from the neighbor down the street) a Raleigh Technium HEAT that sat on his front porch for twenty years..

    '72 MERCIAN VINCITORE ~ MY PARAMOUNTS - '72 P15-9, '72 Chrome P13-9, & '73 P10-9 ~ '87 all 'Campy' Cannondale Team Comp ~ '95 Bob Jackson ~ '04 Cannondale R600

  4. #754
    Senior Member cycleheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York Metro Area
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 720 Multi-Track, 1994 Cannondale M600, 1991 Schwinn CrossCut, 1984 Raleigh Touring 18, 1981 Fuji S12S (18 spd), 1978 Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Touring
    Posts
    3,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Did someone say Biria?


    Aye! Alas a bicycle designed for a Scotsman!


    Bike-A-Holic

  5. #755
    Senior Member southpawboston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somerville, MA and Catskill Mtns
    Posts
    3,726
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlerner View Post
    Evidently, that ride also included a water portion and Grant Petersen was sighted:

    Must've been a mirage.
    Riding the Catskills blog

    Flickr

    1971 Mercian Olympic | 1972 Jeunet 630 | 1982 Jack Taylor Tour of Britain | 1984 Shogun 1500 650B | 2013 Rawland Stag | 2014 Jeff Lyon L'Avecaise

  6. #756
    Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    Mr. Howard,
    Nice pic or you and your beautiful bride. In that pic you are the perfect double for one of my favorite actors, the late Roscoe Lee Browne. Bet you've heard that too many tines to count.

    Bill
    I was at my son's wedding..Not mine..

    All I can say, is that Roscoe must been a real skinny dude.
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

    2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    74,Old,Dirty,&Fast

  7. #757
    Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright View Post
    Photo from today. I'm 55 now and in better shape now than any time since I was a teenager. Regularly doing 125~150 miles each week.
    In left background on stand; Black 1987 Cannondale Team Comp (all Campy), Kool Lemon 1972 Schwinn Sports Tourer resto-mod, Silver mist 1973 Paramount P10-9, Kool Orange 1972 Paramount P15-9, behind me is my Satin Black 1981 Schwinn Super LeTour modernized to early 1990s level, I'm holding my "beater" 2004 Cannondale R600 CAAD-5, on the wall in far right of image is my other 1972 P15-9 Paramount. Yes, I've got a pretty serious case of the C&V virus. On the stand is my latest acquisition, (free gift from the neighbor down the street) a Raleigh Technium HEAT that sat on his front porch for twenty years..


    IMO, this is about the best as it can get!!

    This picture is awesome. Not only you, and the bikes, but the setting, the placement, and the 79 or 80 Datsun Z and the 7? Chevy Impala in the background...Awesome.
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

    2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    74,Old,Dirty,&Fast

  8. #758
    Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    Sweet boots, Mr. Howard!

    I don't look happy, but I was.

    Looks like you were running a race, and it included some beach sections where you have to run with your bike, correct? !!

    The boots be Liberty Leftys
    Looks like you were running a race, and it included some beach sections where you have to run with your bike, awesome !!

    The boots be Liberty Leftys
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

    2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    74,Old,Dirty,&Fast

  9. #759
    I don't know. RB1-luvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Meriden, CT
    My Bikes
    '90 Bridgestone RB-1 , '89 SuperGo Access Comp, 2009 Access, 2010 Windsor Touring, 2014 Ritchey Road Logic, 2009 Kestrel Evoke SRAM Rival, 2003 Trek OCLV USPS livery, 1936 Westfield Seminole, 1946 Monark, '47 Western Flyer
    Posts
    1,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardGS View Post
    IMO, this is about the best as it can get!!

    This picture is awesome. Not only you, and the bikes, but the setting, the placement, and the 79 or 80 Datsun Z and the 7? Chevy Impala in the background...Awesome.
    I was thinking same thing. I want to hang out in that garage.
    Rast ich so rost ich. (When I rest, I rust)

  10. #760
    Hopelessly addicted... photogravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central Maryland
    My Bikes
    1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte
    Posts
    4,752
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This picture of me is courtesy of somervillebikes from a ride we did recently. Please excuse the missing front fender/mudguard as the bike needed to be placed back on the roof to carry it to the start point of the ride. As an aside, you will rarely see me in a short sleeve shirt when I'm riding, but I frequently will wear short pants when I ride. I smile a lot.

    Last edited by photogravity; 07-19-12 at 01:39 PM.
    --
    Ridding the world of derailleurs, one bicycle at a time.

    46 Hercules Roadster, 49 Hercules Kestrel, 50 Norman Rapide, 51 Hercules Lion, 52 Hercules Windsor, 56 Hercules Royal Prince, 61 Fiorelli Tandem, 67 Carlton Super Race (IGH), 70 Schwinn Collegiate (IGH), 71 Hercules, 71 STF Hercules, 72 Peugeot PX-8 (IGH), 76 Raleigh Sports, 77 STF Raleigh Sports, 77 Jack Taylor Tandem, Early-80's Mike Appel SC, 84 Davidson Tandem, Late-80's Alpine, 10 Bilenky "BQ" Signature Tandem

  11. #761
    Senior Member cycleheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York Metro Area
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 720 Multi-Track, 1994 Cannondale M600, 1991 Schwinn CrossCut, 1984 Raleigh Touring 18, 1981 Fuji S12S (18 spd), 1978 Bridgestone Kabuki Diamond Touring
    Posts
    3,396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardGS View Post
    IMO, this is about the best as it can get!!

    This picture is awesome. Not only you, and the bikes, but the setting, the placement, and the 79 or 80 Datsun Z and the 7? Chevy Impala in the background...Awesome.
    I was thinking the same thing, too. Kind of like a guy's version of "Paradise" . BTW, where's the La-Z-Boy and mini fridge? Gotta be in there somewhere!
    Bike-A-Holic

  12. #762
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    14,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Did someone say Biria?

    Biria! Biria!
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  13. #763
    Senior Member Hoss Cartright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid N/W Indiana
    My Bikes
    Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleheimer View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, too. Kind of like a guy's version of "Paradise" . BTW, where's the La-Z-Boy and mini fridge? Gotta be in there somewhere!

    Thanks guys! Yep, it's a "man cave" - My brother calls it; "Jim's toy box" - Sorry, no mini-fridge or Lazy-Boy. There is a wicked nice four speaker 1970s stereo set-up. I can spin vinyl, CD, cassette or MP3.

    Honestly, for the last couple of years I have been so obsessed with my health kick, getting in shape and riding and tinkering with my vintage road bikes, the cars sit almost all the time. Instead of car shows on weekends, I go riding with the bike club. I am in the off road racing motorcycle "business" for 21 years and for some time now I seldom ride dirt motorcycles and I don't even own a street motorcycle. I find the road bicycles to be every bit as much fun as riding around all day in the woods or on the road on some $20,000.00 Harley..

    The cars; My red 1985 Celica GT I picked up in Arizona. My blue '59 Impala, my 1984 47,000 mile Datsun 300ZX, the white car is a 41,000 mile 1984 Monte Carlo. I also have a 1978 Datsun B210 with 19,000 actual miles and a 55,000 mile 1969 Chevy Belair that has been in the family since new.. All of the cars except the '59 Impala are original paint "survivors" and none of my bikes are restored, even the yellow Sports Tourer is original paint.











    '72 MERCIAN VINCITORE ~ MY PARAMOUNTS - '72 P15-9, '72 Chrome P13-9, & '73 P10-9 ~ '87 all 'Campy' Cannondale Team Comp ~ '95 Bob Jackson ~ '04 Cannondale R600

  14. #764
    What??? Only 2 wheels? jimmuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston-ish, MA
    My Bikes
    '73 Raleigh Carlton Gran Sport, '72 Peugeot UO-8, '82 Peugeot TH8, '87 Bianchi Brava, '76? Masi Grand Criterium, '72 Bertin C32, '87 Centurion Ironman Expert, '74 Motobecane Champion Team, and lots of uncertainty on some
    Posts
    7,569
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice collection of cars. However I'm not so sure factory miles on a B210 are any more valuable than aftermarket miles.
    Real cyclists use toe clips.
    jimmuller

  15. #765
    Senior Member jamesj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    1988 Raleigh Sport, 2006 Paul Frank Cruiser
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me burning up on the ride home yesterday.
    I had stopped to refill my water bottle with iced water at the gas station.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #766
    Senior Member Hoss Cartright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid N/W Indiana
    My Bikes
    Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmuller View Post
    Nice collection of cars. However I'm not so sure factory miles on a B210 are any more valuable than aftermarket miles.
    I've actually been told by numerous people from all over the world that I posses probably the finest survivor B210 in existence and have had some very serious high dollar offers for the car. In fact, if it weren't for the Strict California CARB laws preventing it from being imported into that state, it would be in a museum there right now. The finest example of anything regardless of how obscure it is, is always collectable at some point. Somewhere is the nicest Vega, the nicest Pinto, the nicest Dodge Colt. Low actual mile "survivor" cars have been appreciating in value at a much higher rate than restored cars.
    '72 MERCIAN VINCITORE ~ MY PARAMOUNTS - '72 P15-9, '72 Chrome P13-9, & '73 P10-9 ~ '87 all 'Campy' Cannondale Team Comp ~ '95 Bob Jackson ~ '04 Cannondale R600

  17. #767
    Lanterne Rouge More Cowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in 1991 Crested Butte, CO
    231074_1022241757029_8545_n.jpg
    1982 Ciocc World 77
    1981 Nishiki Cresta
    1982 Trek 613
    1987 Giant Yukon

  18. #768
    OCD Moderator cb400bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI
    My Bikes
    1985 Trek 770, 2006 Cannondale Synapse, 1976 Viscount Aerospace Pro
    Posts
    7,861
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irwin7638 took this pic of me right after I finished a Metric Century on my Semi Pro.

    Laterally stiff yet vertically compliant.

    Viscount Aerospace Pro Trek 770 Cannondale Synapse

  19. #769
    Senior member Dan Burkhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oakville Ontario
    Posts
    5,091
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright View Post
    Thanks guys! Yep, it's a "man cave" - My brother calls it; "Jim's toy box" - Sorry, no mini-fridge or Lazy-Boy. There is a wicked nice four speaker 1970s stereo set-up. I can spin vinyl, CD, cassette or MP3.

    Honestly, for the last couple of years I have been so obsessed with my health kick, getting in shape and riding and tinkering with my vintage road bikes, the cars sit almost all the time. Instead of car shows on weekends, I go riding with the bike club. I am in the off road racing motorcycle "business" for 21 years and for some time now I seldom ride dirt motorcycles and I don't even own a street motorcycle. I find the road bicycles to be every bit as much fun as riding around all day in the woods or on the road on some $20,000.00 Harley..

    The cars; My red 1985 Celica GT I picked up in Arizona. My blue '59 Impala, my 1984 47,000 mile Datsun 300ZX, the white car is a 41,000 mile 1984 Monte Carlo. I also have a 1978 Datsun B210 with 19,000 actual miles and a 55,000 mile 1969 Chevy Belair that has been in the family since new.. All of the cars except the '59 Impala are original paint "survivors" and none of my bikes are restored, even the yellow Sports Tourer is original paint.











    Lovin' the '59 Chevy. They just look like they'd go airborne if you get them going fast enough.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.


    Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

  20. #770
    Gone World Hepster 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The absolute scariest ride I've ever been on in my life was in the exact twin of this Impala



    I was 16 in the summer of 1961, living in Omaha with my recently-divorced mother and two total dork younger brothers. Was around this time of year and she was dropping us off with my dad in Lincoln, a drive of 55 miles for a long weekend in Kansas City to see a three-game series between KC and the Yankees with great seats from my uncle for the series. Well, mom was kind of a flake and got us to Lincoln late. By the steam pouring out of my old man's ears to mingle with the pungent reek of Jim Beam and Marlboros I knew it was going to be a long day. The dorks, being the natural cowards younger brothers are, bolted immediately for the back seat of the Impala, volunteering me for shotgun. The tender amongst us may not recall a time when interstate highways, especially in the midwest, existed primarily in imagination so it was two laners all the way to KC. Once on the highway the torture began in earnest. Passing trains of five or six vehicles led by a lumbering semi and backed up by drivers too timid or stupid to pass, he'd put the pedal to the metal and the sound of that 4-barrel 348 opening up would turn my guts to water. Four interminable hours of unrelenting terror punctuated by one brief moment of comic relief when the old man launched a backhand over the seat and put a double-tap on the dorks for making fun of what might have been a somewhat girlish involuntary scream that just jumped out of me when I thought my last moment of this life was at hand. By a series of miracles we got there in one piece to witness two outstanding historical events: Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris chasing Babe Ruth's single-season home run record--as I recall they each had a couple of homers over the series, as did Yogi Berra--and the unbridled teenage joy of hanging around the pool at my uncle's apartment with his 22 year-old fiance in her bikini. I rode the back seat home, thinking only of baseball....
    77 Trek TX300--78 Trek TX-300--79 Trek 510--83 Trek 520--83 Nickel Plated Trek 400--86 Trek Elance 400--75 Gitane Interclub--73 Viscount 'Death Fork SS--76 Viscount Aerospace Pro--80's Diamant Verbinnen--80's Basso--90's Montagner SS--84 SR Explorer MTB

  21. #771
    Hopelessly addicted... photogravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central Maryland
    My Bikes
    1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte
    Posts
    4,752
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^ Great story 23skidoo.
    --
    Ridding the world of derailleurs, one bicycle at a time.

    46 Hercules Roadster, 49 Hercules Kestrel, 50 Norman Rapide, 51 Hercules Lion, 52 Hercules Windsor, 56 Hercules Royal Prince, 61 Fiorelli Tandem, 67 Carlton Super Race (IGH), 70 Schwinn Collegiate (IGH), 71 Hercules, 71 STF Hercules, 72 Peugeot PX-8 (IGH), 76 Raleigh Sports, 77 STF Raleigh Sports, 77 Jack Taylor Tandem, Early-80's Mike Appel SC, 84 Davidson Tandem, Late-80's Alpine, 10 Bilenky "BQ" Signature Tandem

  22. #772
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed!
    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  23. #773
    Gone World Hepster 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The most frequent of my infrequent nightmares are informed by that road trip. In all honestly I must admit my libido was informed as well by fleeting thoughts of my aunt-to-be in her modest, but ineffably sexy early-60's Anette Funicello beach movie bikini. She was in that rare category of woman who radiate like a damaged nuclear reactor--one look and you've reached your lifetime exposure limit.
    Last edited by 23skidoo; 07-19-12 at 10:21 PM.
    77 Trek TX300--78 Trek TX-300--79 Trek 510--83 Trek 520--83 Nickel Plated Trek 400--86 Trek Elance 400--75 Gitane Interclub--73 Viscount 'Death Fork SS--76 Viscount Aerospace Pro--80's Diamant Verbinnen--80's Basso--90's Montagner SS--84 SR Explorer MTB

  24. #774
    Senior Member Hoss Cartright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid N/W Indiana
    My Bikes
    Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
    The most frequent of my infrequent nightmares are informed by that road trip. In all honestly I must admit my libido was informed as well by fleeting thoughts of my aunt-to-be in her modest, but ineffably sexy early-60's Anette Funicello beach movie bikini. She was in that rare category of woman who radiate like a damaged nuclear reactor--one look and you've reached your lifetime exposure limit.
    Love '59 that story, superb!
    '72 MERCIAN VINCITORE ~ MY PARAMOUNTS - '72 P15-9, '72 Chrome P13-9, & '73 P10-9 ~ '87 all 'Campy' Cannondale Team Comp ~ '95 Bob Jackson ~ '04 Cannondale R600

  25. #775
    Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright View Post
    I've actually been told by numerous people from all over the world that I posses probably the finest survivor B210 in existence and have had some very serious high dollar offers for the car. In fact, if it weren't for the Strict California CARB laws preventing it from being imported into that state, it would be in a museum there right now. The finest example of anything regardless of how obscure it is, is always collectable at some point. Somewhere is the nicest Vega, the nicest Pinto, the nicest Dodge Colt. Low actual mile "survivor" cars have been appreciating in value at a much higher rate than restored cars.
    I recall back in 78, I was pushing a new 78 Datsun 280Z, and I took my girlfriend at the time to get a Datsun B210, blue. I remember it like yesterday..I started with the Datsun Z cars in 1973, went to Datsun 260Z in 1974..76 and 78 went with the 280s.. Another one my girlfriends had that Chevy Impala... I am old now, but your cars bought back a lot of memmories.

    On your moves, IMO, good move on putting the health bit to #1, because when the later years come, the most important thing is your health.. When one has multiple hobbies and they are all good, you have to cut something!! I know, because I had to cut something too!

    It seems like you are doing great banging with 2 or 3 good hobbies.. Not enough time to kick in the 4th one.. Don't worry about it, in my 72 year old opinion, you doing just fine!!
    2001 Raleigh R700
    1996 Litespeed Classic
    1995 Klein Quantum
    1989 Cannondale Black Lightning
    1988 Centurion Expert Ironman
    1989 Centurion Master Ironman
    1986 Schwinn Prelude(Beater)
    1986 Raleigh Grand Prix(Beater2)
    1985 Raleigh Prestige
    1985 Raleigh Competition
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #1
    1985 Raleigh Grand Prix #2 (project #1)
    1985 Raleigh Super Course (project #4)
    1979 Raleigh Competition GS-1

    2007 Suzuki GSX R1K (commuter)
    http://www.cehoward.net/pretty.jpg
    74,Old,Dirty,&Fast

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •