Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Who exactly are Bike Forums members? Post pics of you and your bike! (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/661052-who-exactly-bike-forums-members-post-pics-you-your-bike.html)

jimmuller 01-22-13 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil Davis (Post 15185021)
I dunno about the bag on the bars, though! I used to have a similar set-up, which was fine until I hit a bump one day and the bag leapt off its hanger...

You're talking about cobrabyte's bike, right? That's an old Eclipse, I believe. It originally came with bungie-like cords which were supposed to run from eyelets on the bottom of the bag down to the DOs. Maybe cb's bike has no eyelets or other attachment points on the DOs.

cobrabyte 01-22-13 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 15185157)
You're talking about cobrabyte's bike, right? That's an old Eclipse, I believe. It originally came with bungie-like cords which were supposed to run from eyelets on the bottom of the bag down to the DOs. Maybe cb's bike has no eyelets or other attachment points on the DOs.

My bag is a NOS Kirtland h-bar bag. The only attachment points are the clips on the rear of the bag which clip into the hanger, and the pockets that the hanger arms slip into. It provides a very secure hold with no need for stablizer straps. The plastic eyelets on either side are for a shoulder strap (which I keep in the bag) for use off the bike. It's a nice clever design IMO

KvltBryce 01-22-13 11:57 AM

Finally got some good pictures of me on my LOOK thanks to Drillium Dude!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8...ba8819b5_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8183/8...79a31824_b.jpg


Italuminium 01-22-13 12:12 PM

Great pics Bryce. that bike is even better looking moving than sitting still. Didn't knew AZ did longsleeve jersey's though, but then again, my view of the US is based on ride pics of members here, 9gag, HBO shows and clips on facebook of republican morons saying dumb things on record which make us libral Euroboys laugh.

brandenjs 01-22-13 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperLJ (Post 15177373)
A hot spring day last year on the C & O, somewhere around Sharpsburg. Coulda used a Porter 39 about then...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8362/8...ee0be4a8_c.jpg

That looks like Shepherdstown WV. Near my stomping grounds. Great road riding in that area and the canal is not bad either. There is a great little pub in town called the Blue Moon in case you are thirsty the next time. Thanks for passing through!

KvltBryce 01-22-13 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italuminium (Post 15185641)
Great pics Bryce. that bike is even better looking moving than sitting still. Didn't knew AZ did longsleeve jersey's though, but then again, my view of the US is based on ride pics of members here, 9gag, HBO shows and clips on facebook of republican morons saying dumb things on record which make us libral Euroboys laugh.


Thanks, man! I'd say that your view of the US is about spot on then. ;)
That was the only time that I have worn winter gear, I was definitely grateful for DD to lend it to me for the day. I think it was about 40F or 50F during the ride. I'm sure you think that type of weather is just peachy though :P


And it is worth noting, ****** kicks 9gag's ***.

Wil Davis 01-22-13 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabyte (Post 15185155)
…that bags not going anywhere…

That's what I thought with mine, and come to think of it, my bag had a couple of elastics which stretched down to the front axle, but even with them attached, somehow the bag shook itself loose and almost caused an accident. Plus, there was a more recent incident which involved the wife of a friend of mine, and she took a nasty tumble off her Gunnar, and we were trying to work out what went wrong and after taking the (undamaged) bike for a ride, I came to the conclusion that the prime cause might have been the fact that the had a handlebar-bag on the bike, which tended to make it unstable. (It was a "twitchy" ride anyway, and the h/b bag didn't improve things!) I hate having bags on the handlebars for that very reason.

- Wil

mkeller234 01-22-13 06:52 PM

This past fall, all of my cousins and their families had a really, really nice day at a pumpkin patch. The circumstances were sad, but I think we all had a day that could be called perfect. I won't post their pictures, but their were a TON of kids, the new generation is getting big!

My wife, daughter and myself. These steps were in the middle of a corn maze.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8...8a666fd6_b.jpg
DSC00790 by mkeller234, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8044/8...5849bb97_b.jpg
DSC00750 by mkeller234, on Flickr

She just never stops growing
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8...10d6a189_b.jpg
DSC00699 by mkeller234, on Flickr

mkeller234 01-22-13 07:10 PM

Great pictures Scozim and Will Davis!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scozim (Post 15175693)
Finally got a full family portrait. I couldn't convince my wife to let me have a bike in it.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/scozim/P2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil Davis (Post 15176090)
http://wildavis.smugmug.com/Bikes/mi...7050355-XL.jpg

A "Spinach" moment with my 1984 Schwinn Super Sport, sorry if this is a repeat!

- Wil


billnuke1 01-22-13 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil Davis (Post 15187053)
That's what I thought with mine, and come to think of it, my bag had a couple of elastics which stretched down to the front axle, but even with them attached, somehow the bag shook itself loose and almost caused an accident. Plus, there was a more recent incident which involved the wife of a friend of mine, and she took a nasty tumble off her Gunnar, and we were trying to work out what went wrong and after taking the (undamaged) bike for a ride, I came to the conclusion that the prime cause might have been the fact that the had a handlebar-bag on the bike, which tended to make it unstable. (It was a "twitchy" ride anyway, and the h/b bag didn't improve things!) I hate having bags on the handlebars for that very reason.

- Wil

Hmmm...I rode my ST600 for the second time, but, the first time with the bag installed on a very windy day. I had a few things in the bag, a multi- tool, my pocket rocket pump, and some water bottles. I haven't installed my bottle cages yet after rebuilding it so everything went in the bag. I thought the bike rode differently from the day before! Maybe some extra wind and some extra weight!

SuperLJ 01-23-13 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandenjs
That looks like Shepherdstown WV. Near my stomping grounds. Great road riding in that area and the canal is not bad either. There is a great little pub in town called the Blue Moon in case you are thirsty the next time. Thanks for passing through!

Yep, right across the bridge from you. This Spring I'm doing the C&O again with my son's Boy Scout troop, so stopping at a pub would probably be frowned upon. You live in such a beautiful part of the country. Some day I'm gonna do the whole GAP/C&O. Pittsburgh to DC - 300 miles without cars!

mobilemail 01-23-13 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=295169

Johnonaschwinn 01-26-13 07:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Riding with my Son

chilipapa 01-26-13 09:48 AM

Well I've none of me on my old bike, as I only ride that 'Billy no mates'. So here's one of me racing in the mid 70's
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2755/4...8e7_z.jpg?zz=1
Me up front on my old Reg Barnett, wheels were given to me by Falcon pro Nigel Dean.
And here's my only old road bike.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8358/8...4cd6beac31.jpg
Still racing in the over 50s and now I'm the chairman of our club!
And here's a blurry picture of me just about to start this summer just gone.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7...3d8719a526.jpg

scozim 01-26-13 09:57 AM

Awesome Chilipapa - that's inspirational. I've never lived where there was a lot of racing so have to create it in my own mind while training.

Italuminium 01-26-13 10:06 AM

^very nice, chilipapa

Essthreetee 01-26-13 11:00 AM

I don't have one of me on my bike, but here is one I found from my previous life...
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...ime/expman.jpg

And this is my bike
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/photo-32.jpg

Oldairhead 01-27-13 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This past October at about km 160 at L'Eroica.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=295618

rootboy 01-27-13 09:51 AM

Great pic Oldairhead. Looking very well turned out.

iab 01-27-13 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldairhead (Post 15203816)
This past October at about km 160 at L'Eroica.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=295618

Are you smiling? Obviously that ride must be easy and not worth doing.

:p

Color me jealous.

Italuminium 01-27-13 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iab (Post 15203881)
Are you smiling? Obviously that ride must be easy and not worth doing.

:p

Color me jealous.

Oh yeah, me too. Especially since I had a ticket and they made the application procedure for this year a random one.:(

Oldairhead 01-27-13 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one more, my pic at the finish, cold, sweaty and hungry!

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=295626

iab 01-27-13 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldairhead (Post 15203972)
Here's one more, my pic at the finish, cold, sweaty and hungry!

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=295626

Nope. Still jealous.

:)

Oldairhead 01-27-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italuminium (Post 15203957)
Oh yeah, me too. Especially since I had a ticket and they made the application procedure for this year a random one.:(

Yes, the lottery style entry for 2013 is a real bummer. If I wait 4 years I can get in on the "over 60" clause. That is if they don't change the rules again!

canyoneagle 01-27-13 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italuminium (Post 15203957)
Oh yeah, me too. Especially since I had a ticket and they made the application procedure for this year a random one.:(

+1.
Great photos, Oldairhead. That event is one of my "bucket list" rides, now made harder to get into with the lottery.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.