Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   "The Facilitators" Thread - Post here if you're willing and able! (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/677166-facilitators-thread-post-here-if-youre-willing-able.html)

DKop3 09-24-12 08:15 PM

SF Bay Area Craigslist Help
 
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a new bike to ride, have found one that I'd be happy with. The CL ad says it's in the Market District of SF. I'm able to fly in, but if someone would be willing/able to pick it up and ship it for me I'd be forever grateful.

Shoot me a PM, or email me Dkopite3 @ gmail.com

Thanks,
DKop3

delcrossv 09-28-12 12:22 PM

French Facilitator needed
 
to take delivery of a bike for my daughter and re-ship it here to me in the States.
PM me if you could do this.
Thanks!

biaddiction 10-01-12 02:42 PM

need someone in Madison, WI near west side to check out a bike for me? you can just pm me. Thanks!

kvnmuadib 10-07-12 09:42 PM

how about san diego..I am in nj and may need a frame shipped...pm me...kevin

canopus 10-16-12 11:39 AM

Looking for a facilitator around Rochester, New York for Frame Shipment.
Thanks, Sean

side.g 10-19-12 10:03 AM

How much shipping a bike cost from New York to Montreal?
Thanks, and if someone is willing to help let me know ( Carroll Gardens )

mikemowbz 10-19-12 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by side.g (Post 14858425)
How much shipping a bike cost from New York to Montreal?
Thanks, and if someone is willing to help let me know ( Carroll Gardens )

Hate to say it, but it will probably cost a lot more to ship with the seatpost stuck than it would otherwise...as will add quite a bit to the dimensions vs. just pulling the post. A whole bike will have to go courier as the postal service won't handle anything that large. Courier means excessive 'brokerage' fees, in addition to tax/duty which will be assessed by customs if shipped. Weight + dimensions, check the Fedex calculator; I'd estimate at least $150, could be $200+ with the post like stuck, plus fees and customs.

I'd go there on the train (~$65) and come back on the bus (~$75), as you can't bring it back on the train, but you can box it and put it under the Greyhound. Make a weekend of it, the cost of the bike falls under your personal exemption and you won't have to pay tax/duty on it, plus you get a vacation instead of paying the same amount to a courier company for the same end result and no weekend away.

Discussion of which option is better is, of course, contingent on whether it's all worth it for that particular bike (i.e. what's your plan for getting that seatpost out? and have you seen some pics better than those on the CL ad?) I do like the paint scheme, and those are great components. I'm in Montreal, not NYC, so can't help with shipping, sorry...some members in the area may be able to, though, and having someone knowledgeable take a look in person would definitely seem wise.

side.g 10-19-12 12:01 PM

Thanks for the info, didn't took you time to figure wich bike I wanted :) ,
I'm really looking to find a Vintage Marinoni that fits me, I don't have time to go to New York that's why I'm tying to get help. Marinoni are getting all the Hype here in mtl so I'm checking my option

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemowbz (Post 14858744)
Hate to say it, but it will probably cost a lot more to ship with the seatpost stuck than it would otherwise...as will add quite a bit to the dimensions vs. just pulling the post. A whole bike will have to go courier as the postal service won't handle anything that large. Courier means excessive 'brokerage' fees, in addition to tax/duty which will be assessed by customs if shipped. Weight + dimensions, check the Fedex calculator; I'd estimate at least $150, could be $200+ with the post like stuck, plus fees and customs.

I'd go there on the train (~$65) and come back on the bus (~$75), as you can't bring it back on the train, but you can box it and put it under the Greyhound. Make a weekend of it, the cost of the bike falls under your personal exemption and you won't have to pay tax/duty on it, plus you get a vacation instead of paying the same amount to a courier company for the same end result and no weekend away.

Discussion of which option is better is, of course, contingent on whether it's all worth it for that particular bike (i.e. what's your plan for getting that seatpost out? and have you seen some pics better than those on the CL ad?) I do like the paint scheme, and those are great components. I'm in Montreal, not NYC, so can't help with shipping, sorry...some members in the area may be able to, though, and having someone knowledgeable take a look in person would definitely seem wise.


leftthread 10-25-12 08:01 AM

Anyone near Tacoma?

russd32 11-10-12 01:34 PM

Looking for a possible facilitator in Atlanta. I'm in IL and would need someone to pickup the bike and get it shipped to me. PM if you can help. I'll probalby also PM a few people that have already posted in the thread. Thanks!

russd32 11-10-12 01:43 PM

I thought I already added my name to this but I don't see it so:

Username: russd32
Preferred Contact: PM
State(s): IL - downstate
Primary CL City: Bloomington
Secondary CL Cities: Champaign, Decatur, Springfield, Peoria
Items willing to facilitate: small items up to whole bikes

KonAaron Snake 11-15-12 03:04 PM

Is there any possibility of assistance near Ogdensburg NY?

JPZ66 11-15-12 03:21 PM

Can help you from Las Vegas. PM for best results.
Small items to complete bikes.

Joe

threecarjam 11-20-12 08:20 AM

Anyone willing to help facilitate in Seattle, WA?

-alex

sauze 11-22-12 02:11 PM

Anyone near Saint Augustene Florida by chance? And willing to help?

I doubt it would come up often but I can certainly facilitate from Winnipeg / the surrounding area.

side.g 11-25-12 06:34 PM

Looking for someone in North Vancouver

Adrian_ 11-27-12 08:44 PM

Anyone live near Salinas, Ca?

khatfull 11-28-12 10:34 AM

Just FYI folks, I'll go through the thread and update the list in my first post sometime over the next couple days. I'm a tad behind!

Thanks.

RobbieTunes 11-29-12 06:24 AM

64cm Gitane I can facilitate from NC.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/3442210812.html

jake coye 11-29-12 10:03 AM

Anyone in Dallas? Found a Ironman on CL, need help with pick-up, cash hand over, shipping. I'm too new to PM jakecoye@yahoo.com Thanks

khatfull 11-29-12 06:05 PM

MAIN LIST UPDATED!!!

The only states remaining without at least one person covering are:

Alabama
Hawaii
Idaho
Kansas
Montana
North Dakota
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
West Virginia
Wyoming

If I missed you somehow, send me a PM, I still have some PMs to go through too...

Sorry to be so tardy in doing it, I hope to be more responsive now.

Let's get these last states covered and a big THANKS to all those, both long term and recent, who have answered the call! And especially those of you outside the US...that's above and beyond.

Ex Pres 11-29-12 09:09 PM

Keith,
I can facilitate in and around Birmingham, AL
Unfortunately, the pickings are few and far between, and usually snapped up quickly.

khatfull 11-29-12 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex Pres (Post 14999431)
Keith,
I can facilitate in and around Birmingham, AL
Unfortunately, the pickings are few and far between, and usually snapped up quickly.

Added ya to the master list, thanks!

David325 12-13-12 05:57 PM

Anyone in Eugene, OR? Also, I can sometimes facilitate NYC on winter and summer breaks from school. I didn't see a listing for NYC, so you can put me down as a tentative if people need help around that area.

khatfull 12-14-12 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David325 (Post 15047407)
Anyone in Eugene, OR? Also, I can sometimes facilitate NYC on winter and summer breaks from school. I didn't see a listing for NYC, so you can put me down as a tentative if people need help around that area.

Added ya, thanks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 PM.