Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-10, 10:45 AM   #1
bumpalong
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bumpalong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Bikes: 2001 LeMond Poprad, 1983 Vitus, 1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1983 Fuji Del Rey, 1974 Fuji S-10, 1956 Triumph, 1971 Raleigh DL-1, 1964 Phillips, 1982 Motobecane Supermirage, 1962 Raleigh Superb, 1958 Robin Hood, 1966(?) Raleigh Sprite
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seeking Sannino Bicycle Info

Last week I picked up the bike below knowing little to nothing about the maker. That said, it has an impecably finished Columbus SLX frame, came equipped with a mix of friction era DuraAce and Campy Record, and the price was definately attractive.

Coud anyone tell me anything about this bike, the person who seemingly made it (Mauro Sannino), and what model and age bike this might be? Any and all information or opinions about it are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1007.JPG (65.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1009.JPG (81.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1011.JPG (72.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1012.JPG (78.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1013.JPG (69.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1015.JPG (42.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1016.JPG (64.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1018.JPG (63.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1020.JPG (67.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1021.JPG (61.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1022.JPG (63.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1023.JPG (76.7 KB, 25 views)
bumpalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 11:10 AM   #2
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.
Posts: 22,661
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
hey nice looking bike but the seller called and said he wants an extra $500 for it LOL. it almost looks a bit like a GIOS wannabee. I agree with EXprez looks late '80s. if you turn (carefully) that D ring on the shifter it should move. there is a index and friction setting unless it is broken.

__________________
Bianchis '87 Sport SX, '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, , '90 something Vento 603,

Others but still loved,; '80 RIGI, '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '09 Motobecane SOLD, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape
Bianchigirll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 12:03 PM   #3
bumpalong
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bumpalong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Bikes: 2001 LeMond Poprad, 1983 Vitus, 1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1983 Fuji Del Rey, 1974 Fuji S-10, 1956 Triumph, 1971 Raleigh DL-1, 1964 Phillips, 1982 Motobecane Supermirage, 1962 Raleigh Superb, 1958 Robin Hood, 1966(?) Raleigh Sprite
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
hey nice looking bike but the seller called and said he wants an extra $500 for it LOL.
LOL... I know... For a second I paused before creating this thread, trying to think of what sort of unexpected craziness might unfold by me putting the bike out for general comment. After reading today's thread about what to do when you see someone selling your stolen bike, and given this and the Bianchi were clearly never the seller's own property (though it is only fair to acknowledge - he never said they were), I wonder whether someone going to show up at my doorstep with the police claiming this is their stolen bike?

In any case thanks to you and Expres for pointing out this DA is indexed. I'm not familiar with early DA, and I haven't had the time to look carefully at it. This weekend was so busy the best I could do was take a couple snapshots of it.

Does anyone know whether this was a production or a custom frame? Did Sannino ever produce 'production' models that were not made to order?
bumpalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 12:18 PM   #4
bumpalong
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
bumpalong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New England
Bikes: 2001 LeMond Poprad, 1983 Vitus, 1973 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1983 Fuji Del Rey, 1974 Fuji S-10, 1956 Triumph, 1971 Raleigh DL-1, 1964 Phillips, 1982 Motobecane Supermirage, 1962 Raleigh Superb, 1958 Robin Hood, 1966(?) Raleigh Sprite
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still hoping to get some more information about this bicycle...
bumpalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 11:53 AM   #5
pat5319
Senior Member
 
pat5319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Spokane WA
Bikes: Seven Axiom Ti, Trek 620, Masi cylocross (steel). Masi Souleville 8spd, Fat Chance Mtn (steel), Scwinn Triple Bar cruiser, Mazi Speciale Fix/single, Scwinn Typhonn
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpalong View Post
LOL... I know... For a second I paused before creating this thread, trying to think of what sort of unexpected craziness might unfold by me putting the bike out for general comment. After reading today's thread about what to do when you see someone selling your stolen bike, and given this and the Bianchi were clearly never the seller's own property (though it is only fair to acknowledge - he never said they were), I wonder whether someone going to show up at my doorstep with the police claiming this is their stolen bike?

In any case thanks to you and Expres for pointing out this DA is indexed. I'm not familiar with early DA, and I haven't had the time to look carefully at it. This weekend was so busy the best I could do was take a couple snapshots of it.

Does anyone know whether this was a production or a custom frame? Did Sannino ever produce 'production' models that were not made to order?
My first sannino was same color!!! and a "production bike", after I wore it out (abuse and crashes) I bought another!
pat5319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 11:57 AM   #6
pat5319
Senior Member
 
pat5319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Spokane WA
Bikes: Seven Axiom Ti, Trek 620, Masi cylocross (steel). Masi Souleville 8spd, Fat Chance Mtn (steel), Scwinn Triple Bar cruiser, Mazi Speciale Fix/single, Scwinn Typhonn
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpalong View Post
Last week I picked up the bike below knowing little to nothing about the maker. That said, it has an impecably finished Columbus SLX frame, came equipped with a mix of friction era DuraAce and Campy Record, and the price was definately attractive.

Coud anyone tell me anything about this bike, the person who seemingly made it (Mauro Sannino), and what model and age bike this might be? Any and all information or opinions about it are welcome.
My first sannino was same color!!! and a "production bike", after I wore it out (abuse and crashes) I bought another! Sannino is designing Corretec frames now
pat5319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 12:29 PM   #7
pat5319
Senior Member
 
pat5319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Spokane WA
Bikes: Seven Axiom Ti, Trek 620, Masi cylocross (steel). Masi Souleville 8spd, Fat Chance Mtn (steel), Scwinn Triple Bar cruiser, Mazi Speciale Fix/single, Scwinn Typhonn
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpalong View Post
Last week I picked up the bike below knowing little to nothing about the maker. That said, it has an impecably finished Columbus SLX frame, came equipped with a mix of friction era DuraAce and Campy Record, and the price was definately attractive.

Coud anyone tell me anything about this bike, the person who seemingly made it (Mauro Sannino), and what model and age bike this might be? Any and all information or opinions about it are welcome.
my first sannono was same color!!! Sannino is designing Corratec frame
pat5319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 PM.