Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   The frame doesn't fit pass-around game (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/703286-frame-doesnt-fit-pass-around-game.html)

dashuaigeh 04-20-11 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realestvin7 (Post 12535529)
What size is that Paramount? You need an Ironman.

Too small for you, Andrew ;). 51.5 CTC, 52.5 top tube.

I would love an Ironman. Pink and goldenrod. I've always wanted to be just like RobbieTunes. Do you have one lying around?

realestvin7 04-20-11 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh (Post 12535535)
Too small for you, Andrew ;). 51.5 CTC, 52.5 top tube.

I would love an Ironman. Pink and goldenrod. I've always wanted to be just like RobbieTunes. Do you have one lying around?

Yes, I do have a couple laying around...but I'm stingy with them. ;)

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...or_Sale733.jpg

dashuaigeh 04-20-11 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realestvin7 (Post 12535578)
Yes, I do have a couple laying around...but I'm stingy with them. ;)

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...or_Sale733.jpg

What. The. Heck. <reports you to Hoarders>

What size are they? And as a tangent, why do you have so many?

realestvin7 04-20-11 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh (Post 12535591)
What. The. Heck. <reports you to Hoarders>

What size are they? And as a tangent, why do you have so many?

If I find one, I keep it. Lol. I have 2x 56 CTT (54.5 CTC) and 1x 58 CTT.

The first one. Long since been sold. It was a 60cm.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...2620101331.jpg

habes78023 04-20-11 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realestvin7 (Post 12535616)
If I find one, I keep it. Lol. I have 2x 56 CTT (54.5 CTC) and 1x 58 CTT.

The first one. Long since been sold. It was a 60cm.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...2620101331.jpg

I want to be a part of your Texas ironman club if you guys make one ;) but I'll have to borrow one of those frames.:innocent:

Sorry, I had to comment with you guys going back and forth.

realestvin7 04-20-11 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habes78023 (Post 12535628)
I want to be a part of your Texas ironman club if you guys make one ;) but I'll have to borrow one of those frames.:innocent:

Sorry, I had to comment with you guys going back and forth.

Everyone's invited to join the Ironman conversation.

dashuaigeh 04-20-11 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habes78023 (Post 12535628)
I want to be a part of your Texas ironman club if you guys make one ;) but I'll have to borrow one of those frames.

Sorry, I had to comment with you guys going back and forth.

Haha heya Shaun. Long time no see. C&V user Kuotient is also sporting a sexy looking Ironman that he just did the MS150 on. And I'd love to join the club, but with Andrew snatching up ever available Miami Vice Centurion around...:notamused:

realestvin7 04-20-11 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh (Post 12535667)
Haha heya Shaun. Long time no see. C&V user Kuotient is also sporting a sexy looking Ironman that he just did the MS150 on. And I'd love to join the club, but with Andrew snatching up ever available Miami Vice Centurion around...:notamused:

I keep an eye out. They don't last long in the Dallas area.

habes78023 04-21-11 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh (Post 12535667)
Haha heya Shaun. Long time no see. C&V user Kuotient is also sporting a sexy looking Ironman that he just did the MS150 on. And I'd love to join the club, but with Andrew snatching up ever available Miami Vice Centurion around...:notamused:

I forgot Kuotient had one, but now I remember seeing pics of the ride at the handbuilt bike show ride in austin.

I know the ironmans are around, I think I saw one on CL before can't remember exactly. I actually saw one in the wild on a ride in Terry-Hershey park near Katy, TX, no pics since we passed opposite ways at over 20 mph each. But the color scheme and bike were undeniable.

That would really be funny/awesome though if we all got one and went on a ride together sometime, it's definitely doable.

dashuaigeh 04-21-11 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habes78023 (Post 12537024)
That would really be funny/awesome though if we all got one and went on a ride together sometime, it's definitely doable.

If we all rode those goldenrod and pink ones, we should wear matching color outfits and have this blaring in the background. It's only fitting.

bennie222 04-21-11 01:12 PM

One of you north texans should pick THIS one up. Not an ironman, but I'm pretty sure you could be in the club with this one...

rat fink 04-21-11 02:04 PM

I have a 56cm 1986 Schwinn Peloton. It's a great riding/handling frame and made of Columbus SL, (not Tenax) with all English threading. It was one step down from the Paramount that year and came equipped with Suntour Superbe Pro. There is no rust or structural damage of any kind. It comes with a Tange needle bearing roller headset, but a nice Dura Ace 7410 headset is available also.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_w...E/IMG_0822.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_w...g/IMG_0996.JPG

Interested in 54-56cm frames (vintage and modern, Fe, Al, CF, Ti). I like Italian, Japanese, American, custom, anything... I'm also willing to trade for Sram shifters, RD, other parts. Let me know what you have.

realestvin7 04-21-11 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rat fink (Post 12538154)
I have a 56cm 1986 Schwinn Peloton. It's a great riding/handling frame and made of Columbus SL, (not Tenax) with all English threading. It was one step down from the Paramount that year and came equipped with Suntour Superbe Pro. There is no rust or structural damage of any kind. It comes with a Tange needle bearing roller headset, but a nice Dura Ace 7410 headset is available also.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_w...E/IMG_0822.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_w...g/IMG_0996.JPG

Interested in 54-56cm frames (vintage and modern, Fe, Al, CF, Ti). I like Italian, Japanese, American, custom, anything... I'm also willing to trade for Sram shifters, RD, other parts. Let me know what you have.

I'm digging that.

Frogbutter 04-22-11 07:34 AM

I have a very specific trade that I will throw out there to see if anybody has one.
I have a 1987 +/- Falcon Harrier 62 CM full bike, but I would like to swap the frame with somebody who has a 56 CM Falcon Harrier.
Swap Frame for frame. I say we leave the headset and BB but I can pull that as well if needed.
http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r...pboard01-1.jpg

jeepr 04-22-11 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dashuaigeh (Post 12535499)

With that, let me also throw a Schwinn Waterford Paramount into the ring. https://picasaweb.google.com/jchan985/SchwinnParamount. This doesn't fit me either :(. Frame is in worse condition than the Ciocc (had rust on the TT cable guides that is now neutralized, numerous paint chips and scratches).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_Y...0/IMG_2469.JPG

Hey, I sure like that. What size frame are you looking for? I don't know that I have anything worth trading to you.. :(

dashuaigeh 04-23-11 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepr (Post 12543463)
Hey, I sure like that. What size frame are you looking for? I don't know that I have anything worth trading to you.. :(

Mm, I'd be looking for something like a 53-55 CTC frame, probably 55-56 TT.

E_merlin 05-03-11 10:49 AM

If have a 1999-2000 is Team Yeti Road project in fine shape. 52/3CM full ultegra with WCS bars... Just does not fit me right. It is more than 10 years old so that makes in vintage I hope :-)

Looking to trade to something more comfortable for an old guy. I am looking for a 21" 1986 Trek 520 in good shape. Specifically that bike.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/IMG_0211.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/IMG_0210.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t/IMG_0209.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ect/photo1.jpg

BattleRabbit 05-03-11 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleRabbit (Post 12513833)
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...d/e729a53d.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...d/a7b7483b.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...d/66fdadb0.jpg
1989 Bianchi Strada LX. Bike will include seat, seatpost, stem, bars, celeste cage, brake levers, calipers and pads. Will not include the pictured wheels and cranks*. Frame is in good shape, there is a little rust on the outside of the cups on the steer tube, and a small amount of surface rust between the seat stays. I believe the bike to be a 62cm.

*Those wheels/crank are only on the bike for storage purposes. The bike was never ridden as a fixed gear and all braze ons are still present. I'll need to check my parts box, and if I still have the original suntour downtube shifters those will be included as well.

I'm re-posting/quoting this because I have changed my mind. I will trade this for a track frame. 54-56cm, any brand considered. This bike will not include the wheels/cranks pictured. It will include the OG brakes, bars, levers and tape.

Thanks for looking!

RosyRambler 05-04-11 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubaguy4409 (Post 12494257)
Great idea. I have to offer an old Gitane TDF frame with a bent fork steer tube. Can be fix but you would have to most likely cut the old one off, reamed out and replaced with another french (or not) stem from another old fork. It's a small frame around a 52cm measured from center to center of top tube
.http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=197541
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=197540
Has the old Huret honey comb rear dropouts. Don't worry about the color, for the most part its been sanded down and better yet was painted by the previous owner with cans of spray paint so brake cleaner does a good job of removing. Does come with the fork which is chrome on the lower ends. mcrane428@msn.com


Hi Scuba....I was wondering what size wheels your Gitane frame uses...700c/27"/650B? And could you post a photo of the fork also please?

Thanks!

junkfoodjunkie 05-04-11 10:10 AM

Will trade for something with a 57cm top tube 57-58 c-c seat tube.

The frame
Diamant Max- the fork blades are not Max, but I do believe it is the original fork.
The frame is in great condition with a few small chips and some light surface rust speckles on some of the chrome.

56 c-c seat tube
55.5 c-c top tube
1" 145mm head tube
130mm rear spacing

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...x/DSCN4390.jpg

More Pics

Jake

3373jones 05-11-11 02:37 PM

Have: 1987 Schwinn Super sport frame. 56cm. the classic and desirable ;) pink with white. frame is 7.5or8/10. no rust, just some minor scratches. originally had 600 index stuff.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_l...cture%2023.png (pic not mine, but happy to send picture to anyone interested - PM me).

Looking for: something a little less pink (although some pink is ok). 56-58cm range. something European would be nice, but will consider anything with a cool / unique paint job.

irvri 05-12-11 01:23 AM

Looking to trade tmy 1996 Litespeed Ultimate 3AL 2.5v titanium. with a 56tt and 54 st ctc, for a titanium frame in my size (50cm).
Frame & Fork only.
top tube decals are gone, no dents, dings, or noticable scratches, just normal signs of use.

Trade me before I have to sell this :)
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1373/litespeed.jpg

shopgirl 05-13-11 08:45 AM

Anyone interested in a really small early '90s Specialized Allez? This one is a 46cm with 51cm top tube. I'll trade the frame/fork/headset/maybe some other parts like bottom bracket/seatpost/stem/bars, I just want to keep all the RX100 stuff. There's a small dent in the middle of the top tube- not sure how or when that happened, but it doesn't seem to affect the ride.
I am interested in trading for a good-quality mixte frame, one with twin top tubes. I usually ride about a 48-50cm.

shopgirl 05-13-11 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=201764I should probably have posted a picture with that. Oopsies.

shnibop 05-20-11 11:11 PM

1985 Bianchi Specialissima, 61cm C-T ST


anyone have a 58-60cm they want to trade me? i'd be open to slightly newer or older models, i'd even consider a non-Bianchi


pics of the frame cleaned up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexjri...7626643867101/


http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5022/...f38c3f5f_b.jpg
IMG_1076 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2687/...1d09f28b_b.jpg
IMG_1081 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3436/...95d0ab39_b.jpg
IMG_1088 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/...4f7c045e_b.jpg
IMG_1093 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/...5afcefa4_b.jpg
IMG_1090 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3626/...e5295371_b.jpg
IMG_1108 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/...8d1cc9a1_b.jpg
IMG_1092 by shnibop, on Flickr
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/...413a1084_b.jpg
IMG_1112 by shnibop, on Flickr


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 AM.