KHS Touring bike ( possibly an "Especial")
My favorite game: Name that bike
Went out to see the bike on a poor CL add because I noticed the cantilever brakes on it so I had to give it a shot.
It was spray bombed, missing brakes and rotted tires but the lug detail, touring frame, braze-ons and no rust or dents got me to spring on it.
Below are a few pics after some scraping and paint stripping.
1. Tange 3 butted tubing decal, 26.6 seatpost
2. Lable at the bottom "Parker Process, MIKI Sakai, Made in Japan,"
3. Ghosted headtube badge was revealed under the spraypaint = diagonal block with two crested heads at the top?
4. Found remnants of a diagonal sash type of stripe on the seat tube, cant see lettering.
5. Detailed headtube lugs
6. Suntour stamped dropouts
7. 57cm c-c seat and top tube
8. 27" Araya alloy wheels 36 spoke
9. Sunshine Hubs 3x6 gearing
10. Suntour ARX - FD RD, Suguino 50-45-34 triple crank, Dia Compe non-aero cantilever brakes, Suguino caged ball BB, suntour friction barends
11. downtube and lowrider bottle cages, no pump peg, eyelets for rack on rear with simple upper eyelets, and double eyelets on fork
No other lettering or names show through in the usual downtube and toptube areas.