Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   Every Day Pics (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/755234-every-day-pics.html)

ThermionicScott 08-17-11 11:05 PM

Nothing as fancy or beautiful as a lot of the pics in here, just my bike (foreground) chilling with some buds in the parking lot.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...hi/parking.jpg

Doohickie 08-17-11 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabyte (Post 13093556)
Playing with my new Canon @ work (I still have a lot to learn)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6082/...53fca7b7_z.jpg
1984 Renegade MTB by (cobrabyte), on Flickr

This one is awesome.


Dinner at the taco truck, after the group ride.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._1515998_n.jpg

Doohickie 08-18-11 09:26 AM

Trying to figure out where to post this pic; this is as good a thread as any. This is Charles. He's part of the Night Rider group I ride with. His taste in bicycles closely matches my own. On our last Sunday pub crawl, he rode an old Hawthorne tandem bicycle he recently picked up. And he ended up picking up a rider along the way.

This is his most recent acquisition. It's an old path racer bike with twin top tubes, 28" tires and rod brakes. At first he thought it was an old bike from back in the 40s, but now he's pretty sure it was made in Mexico in the 1970s. Either way, it is one of the coolest bikes I've seen in a while.

The Wednesday night ride is a quicker ride than the pub crawls, and Charles lagged behind at times, but he finished strong on that that 40+ pound, single speed BEAST.

http://www.blipfoto.com/uploads/5850....41012481.jpeg

ZhanDVG 08-18-11 09:28 AM

Took this last night on my way home from picking up dinner and delicious libations.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2wo91fb.jpg

Chillin outside my apartment.
http://oi53.tinypic.com/20uv7rm.jpg

Doohickie 08-18-11 10:43 AM

Gorgeous paint. Is that original?

retrofit 08-19-11 04:59 PM

Yesterday morning I went for a slow-mo clear-my-head ride on the rec trail...

Some wildlife on the way to the trail.
http://gallery.me.com/rockyshores/10...G_0467/web.jpg

Saw these parked at the Custom House Plaza; it happens to be classics car weekend on the peninsula.
http://gallery.me.com/rockyshores/10...G_0470/web.jpg

Today, parked outside the bank in downtown Pacific Grove.
http://gallery.me.com/rockyshores/10...G_0476/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/rockyshores/10...G_0478/web.jpg

RavingManiac 08-19-11 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 13098211)
Trying to figure out where to post this pic; this is as good a thread as any. This is Charles. He's part of the Night Rider group I ride with. His taste in bicycles closely matches my own. On our last Sunday pub crawl, he rode an old Hawthorne tandem bicycle he recently picked up. And he ended up picking up a rider along the way.

This is his most recent acquisition. It's an old path racer bike with twin top tubes, 28" tires and rod brakes. At first he thought it was an old bike from back in the 40s, but now he's pretty sure it was made in Mexico in the 1970s. Either way, it is one of the coolest bikes I've seen in a while.

The Wednesday night ride is a quicker ride than the pub crawls, and Charles lagged behind at times, but he finished strong on that that 40+ pound, single speed BEAST.

http://www.blipfoto.com/uploads/5850....41012481.jpeg

Charles looks a little eccentric. Is that a leech on his right shoulder?

Velognome 08-20-11 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Abandoned railroad bridge over the Seawarren Creek
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=215403

that_guy_zach 08-20-11 09:41 AM

Cooling off last week in Irving.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...e/IMAG0507.jpg

Locked up
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...e/IMAG0506.jpg

scozim 08-20-11 12:01 PM

I had to drop the car off this morning in town to have all the struts replaced and get an alignment. My wife was planning on sleeping in and told me to go for a bike ride on the way home (12 miles back to the house). I couldn't pass up that invitation. I read about all you folks doing garage sales by bike and I figured - what the heck. I hadn't had a chance to try out my converted Trek Antelope yet so at 10:15 last night I swapped the knobby tires to some new Performance Gotham 1.75" tires (they ride pretty nice by the way) and put the panniers on in case I found some good stuff at the yard sales. The next problem was to carefully stuff the bike in the back seat of a '94 Nissan Maxima.

The yard sales sucked, but I have to say I envy those of you that can commute by bike or do the regular, ride around town by bike thing. I had a blast taking my time - even told my wife "I'm on the slow bike - not sure when I'll be home."

Here's a few photos:

Getting ready to leave:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMGP6100.jpg

The local university:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMGP6101.jpg

Spent three years living in this dorm back in the '80's:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMGP6104.jpg

The fair is a big deal here but the rodeo on Labor Day weekend is even bigger - it's a national finals qualifier. This weekend is the start of the festivities with a community pancake breakfast, rodeo pagent for the youngsters and kid's parade:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMGP6105.jpg

One of the popular rodeo vehicles - been around for years

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMGP6108.jpg

RavingManiac 08-20-11 12:14 PM

Slow rides in town are a blast. Those Gotham tires are pretty good, I've got a set of 700's on a Miyata 210 and find them just slightly harder than a Pasella and roll nice.

djkashuba 08-20-11 03:42 PM

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/...3e90fef8_b.jpg
Oma and DL-1 by djk762, on Flickr

Outside Sugar and Spice Bakery in Sac. Great Croissant.

JJScaliger 08-20-11 10:56 PM

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...eHillPark2.jpg

Rode 68 miles on Friday. Took a break and ate PBJ at this old picnic table. Too lazy to mow the lawn after I came home.

cobrabyte 08-21-11 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 13096987)
This one is awesome.

thanks Doohickie!

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread here. It's cool to see a shot of folks every day lives :)

And to contribute;

My pup Jasper getting ready for some fetch
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6184/...59706007_z.jpg
Jasper Playing Fetch by (cobrabyte), on Flickr

and parked outside of the best Tapas place in town: (Ceviche)
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6086/...57e11d25_z.jpg
1984 Renegade MTB by (cobrabyte), on Flickr

JReade 08-21-11 08:28 AM

Amen to ceviche.

WNG 08-21-11 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djkashuba (Post 13108775)
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/...3e90fef8_b.jpg
Oma and DL-1 by djk762, on Flickr

Outside Sugar and Spice Bakery in Sac. Great Croissant.

What a lovely photo! I thought it was a painting at first.
:)

CAprideAtUreHom 08-21-11 01:09 PM

Great photo, is it stock or did you do some pp on it? just out of curiosity, do you guys wear helmets when you ride?

JReade 08-21-11 01:14 PM

All depends on the type of ride. I rode to brunch today, a whopping 1/5 mile, and did not wear a helmet. I was on back roads by myself. Besides, it would have clashed with my sandals.

blaise_f 08-21-11 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrofit (Post 13105813)
Saw these parked at the Custom House Plaza; it happens to be classics car weekend on the peninsula.
http://gallery.me.com/rockyshores/10...G_0470/web.jpg
]

Ugh, I want a velocar so bad.

jish1969 08-21-11 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On a nice 8 mile trail in western NY...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=215556

Mercian Rider 08-21-11 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrabyte (Post 13110698)
thanks Doohickie!

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread here. It's cool to see a shot of folks every day lives :)

And to contribute;

My pup Jasper getting ready for some fetch
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6184/...59706007_z.jpg
Jasper Playing Fetch by (cobrabyte), on Flickr

Jasper is a beautiful dog. We had an Aussie--"Friend"--that passed on a couple of years ago. She was the best dog I ever had.

abarth 08-21-11 11:38 PM

I did an 80 miles loop from Ashford to Paradise to Packwood yesterday. Total elevation gain was 6100 ft. The weather was picture perfect with temperature in the mid 80's. We couldn't ask for a better day. Sorry not a C&V bike.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCF8301.jpg

This picture was taken 3/4 of the way up to Paradise

JJScaliger 08-22-11 04:47 AM

Wow, spectacular view!

PeregrineA1 08-22-11 05:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sunday morning before the Race at the Reactor at Shearon Harris County Park in New Hill, NC. Nice turn-out and a great day for a race. Mid 80's, decent humidity. Trail in good shape considering how dry it's been. I got 3rd in the Cat 2, 50+ class. I'll have to commute harder.......Not C&V, but one of the fleet none the less.http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=215608

abarth 08-22-11 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeregrineA1 (Post 13114498)
I got 3rd in the Cat 2, 50+ class. I'll have to commute harder.......Not C&V, but one of the fleet none the less.

Congrats! impressive.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 PM.