Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   The New Classic Rigs and Rides Thread 1.1 (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/762624-new-classic-rigs-rides-thread-1-1-a.html)

Murray Missile 11-08-13 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwilli88 (Post 16210181)
not vintage but as close as I can get here in Cambodia


http://www.bwilli88.com/albums/Cambo...s/DSC04251.JPG

Nice bike either way and a WAY cool back drop! :D

skidder 11-09-13 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cxr1037 (Post 16230634)
First post on bikeforums, yay.

I just picked this up on CL. Some kind of old Specialized - I'm guessing the model decals were taken off at some point. Anyone have any clue as to what model it is? I'm guessing an '87 Allez...but so many bikes look similar in that era.

http://i.imgur.com/YM7oRgAh.jpg


Here's an album with a few more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/0hsKD

Looks like a Specialized Sirrus. Specialized used the Sirrus name on a line of road bikes in the early 1990s(?). It was dropped after a few years, then the name came back for use on their hybrid bikes. Not a high end or low end bike, but should b a nice rider.

cxr1037 11-10-13 12:09 AM

Cool. Mind if I ask - how can you tell? I've been looking at the old catalogs and they seem identical in frame to me.

aquito 11-11-13 05:39 PM

How did i do with this one? Found it at a goodwill for $250 but manager let me take it for $150. Only think i know is that is a Miyata and probably size 54 or 56 (perfect for me) and all components are shimano 105


Can someone tell me if they recognize the model or year?


http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...psda760614.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...psce3fabef.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps591dee72.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps6106509e.jpg

stingx 11-11-13 06:34 PM

Looks like a 60cm frame from the picture. Nice bike and components for $150. It says 914 right on the top tube. So there's your model number.

xkjzix 11-12-13 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Current rig. Planning a build for January, to get it coated, new chain, saddle, tape.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=350405

Italuminium 11-12-13 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquito (Post 16238334)
How did i do with this one? Found it at a goodwill for $250 but manager let me take it for $150. Only think i know is that is a Miyata and probably size 54 or 56 (perfect for me) and all components are shimano 105


Can someone tell me if they recognize the model or year?


http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...psda760614.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...psce3fabef.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps591dee72.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps6106509e.jpg

That's a Miyata 914, sez so right on the top tube! Miyata's are well build bikes and 105 is cool too, so at 150$ you probably have a very nice rider on your hands.

Stevensb 11-12-13 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italuminium (Post 16240558)
That's a Miyata 914, sez so right on the top tube! Miyata's are well build bikes and 105 is cool too, so at 150$ you probably have a very nice rider on your hands.

The serial number will give the year of manufacture and there is a collection of Miyata catalogues online that will tell you more about your bike. Use the Googleator to find SN and catalogues.

chizhang001001 11-16-13 12:30 AM

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6606/wyhp.jpg


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New build vintage style with modern performance :thumb:

gomango 11-16-13 05:54 AM

Cool bike.

How's about some drive side pics?

lotus83 11-18-13 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=351428

Just picked up this Bianchi Sport sx in near mint condition. Will change the saddle and tires (they are tech nova (20c).

Lamplight 11-18-13 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus83 (Post 16257611)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=351428

Just picked up this Bianchi Sport sx in near mint condition. Will change the saddle and tires (they are tech nova (20c).

That's like a near-twin (but slightly smaller frame) of my old Bianchi, which was the first road bike I ever owned that actually fit me properly. It was a fine bike!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._8316small.jpg

lotus83 11-18-13 08:54 PM

Nice! A solid rider, i'm sure. I was pretty shocked to find this one in still new condition. Looking forward to dialing it in and riding,,

House Cat 11-19-13 12:40 AM

http://i.imgur.com/KM0vOnT.jpg

my new to me 1984 fuji del rey

hwieniawski 11-19-13 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=351542

My new 1986 Raleigh technium 460, Craigslist for $150. Not cheap, but after watching the CL market here and NY for months, I think it's a great deal for a metropolitan area! A lot lighter than my old Peugeot, and never having ridden with drops before, it's taking a bit of time to be completely comfortable, but loving the bike regardless!

smontanaro 11-24-13 06:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This won't be a classic ride for long. I bought it for the components. 1986 Cannondale SR800 with mostly Campy components. Phil hubs, Rally RD, Super Record crank, Cinelli stem and bars, Specialized pedals, San Marco Laser saddle.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352585http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352586http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352587

Italuminium 11-25-13 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smontanaro (Post 16274925)
This won't be a classic ride for long. I bought it for the components. 1986 Cannondale SR800 with mostly Campy components. Phil hubs, Rally RD, Super Record crank, Cinelli stem and bars, Specialized pedals, San Marco Laser saddle.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352381

weird bag of nice components, that is. Nice frame too, any special edition or just a run of the mill early C'dale?

smontanaro 11-25-13 08:48 PM

I'm certainly no Cannondale expert, so I can't really say how special it might be. The SR800 was behind the SR900 and SR1000 in their road bike lineup in 1986. Interestingly enough, complete SR800 bikes came with a SunTour Superbe Pro group, while the SR900 came with Nuovo Record. The SR1000 was built with Dura-Ace. I would have preferred the Superbe Pro over the NR components, at least given what I know now. Not apparent in this picture is that there is a big chunk of paint missing on the seat tube, perhaps two or three inches high, all the way around the tube. In the picture it's still covered by the electrical tape it came with. I also realized the one picture I posted was utter crap, so I updated the post with the other three pictures I took last night.

When I tore it down today I discovered it also has a Phil bottom bracket, so I'll be using part of my Amazon birthday gift card to get the correct wrench and migrate it to my Redcay. The crank arms are mismatched (both date and size), but are in great shape. Hopefully I'll be able to swap the 165mm left arm for a 170. Oh, and it has a Super Record headset. :)

coldroadsteel 11-27-13 01:18 AM

French Mistress
 
Another shot:
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa1f2aa47.jpg

Sixty Fiver 11-27-13 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smontanaro (Post 16278330)
I'm certainly no Cannondale expert, so I can't really say how special it might be. The SR800 was behind the SR900 and SR1000 in their road bike lineup in 1986. Interestingly enough, complete SR800 bikes came with a SunTour Superbe Pro group, while the SR900 came with Nuovo Record. The SR1000 was built with Dura-Ace. I would have preferred the Superbe Pro over the NR components, at least given what I know now. Not apparent in this picture is that there is a big chunk of paint missing on the seat tube, perhaps two or three inches high, all the way around the tube. In the picture it's still covered by the electrical tape it came with. I also realized the one picture I posted was utter crap, so I updated the post with the other three pictures I took last night.

When I tore it down today I discovered it also has a Phil bottom bracket, so I'll be using part of my Amazon birthday gift card to get the correct wrench and migrate it to my Redcay. The crank arms are mismatched (both date and size), but are in great shape. Hopefully I'll be able to swap the 165mm left arm for a 170. Oh, and it has a Super Record headset. :)

Funny that when I went to buy my first real road bike I had the option to pick up a Nishiki Competition that was Cyclone equipped or the Pro that was NR equipped... my shop owner and mentor said the Cyclone equipped bike was the nicest shifting he had ever seen and the Superbe only took this a step better.

Superbe Pro is probably as good as it gets from the friction shifting era... Dura Ace and NR could not touch it.

treal512 11-27-13 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldroadsteel (Post 16281994)

Gorgeous bicycle. Are the brake levers drilled as well? Looks to be my size :rolleyes:

tonyfree 11-28-13 08:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I present you a peugeot custombikes. Some pictures was taken in Lyon.
This bike is 27 years old.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352985http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352986http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352987http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=352990

coldroadsteel 11-28-13 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treal512 (Post 16283457)
Gorgeous bicycle. Are the brake levers drilled as well? Looks to be my size :rolleyes:

Yes, guess somebody got a new drill at the factory that day! Frame is 58 cm seat tube c-c.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa9cd460b.jpg

Roger M 11-28-13 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldroadsteel (Post 16281994)

Nice bike. I have the same in a bigger size. It is the lightest steel frame bike that I've had.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...-45-28_965.jpg

Zieleman 11-29-13 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfree (Post 16285653)

Very cool bike & pics tony. Bienvenue to the forums! Must be great to ride around Lyon. Looking forwad to seeing your contribution in the 'Where did you ride today'-thread:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...roved)/page180


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08 AM.