Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/)
-   -   The New Classic Rigs and Rides Thread 1.1 (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/762624-new-classic-rigs-rides-thread-1-1-a.html)

mort1369 08-08-14 02:09 PM

The Raleigh on its way to get shorter cranks installed. Not impossible to shoehorn a bike into a Mustang, just annoying. . . .

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb3b962b7.jpg

Sixty Fiver 08-12-14 03:30 PM

1946 Magneet rod brake roadster that stopped by the shop today...

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...neet%20(2).JPG

bozzle73 08-14-14 11:17 AM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums. I just recently decided to get my old Fuji back on the road. It was a high-school graduation present in 1972 and hadn't been ridden in about 30 years. I dug it out of the basement and spent about a week cleaning and greasing and oiling and cleaning and shining it up. And did I mention cleaning? Little wonder the poor thing hadn't been shifting well when I tossed it in storage :eek:

It's all original except the tires - those were too far gone to save. It's a 25" frame and is a little too big for me but I make it work. May I present my 1972 Fuji S10-S Special Road Racer:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...acer/fuji4.jpghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...lroadracer.jpg

Desertrats97 08-15-14 10:42 PM

1989 schwinn letour after major cosmetic surgery -2010 components. bike to work bike.

[IMG]
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...INNLETOUR3.jpg[/IMG]

Sixty Fiver 08-18-14 04:02 PM

http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikep...erultegra1.JPG

Since I need to avoid standing and mashing those pedals (back issues) I thought that swapping the double Sugino for an Ultegra 6500 triple and an Ultegra GS rear d (thanks David !) was a good idea.

It is still friction shifted but whenever I track down a pair of Ultegra wheels I'll add indexed dt shifters... oddly enough the pairing of the Campagnolo and Shimano did not cause the end of the world as we know it but then, the bike is a mix of everything I find good in the world.

Vonruden 08-18-14 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozzle73 (Post 17036283)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums. I just recently decided to get my old Fuji back on the road. It was a high-school graduation present in 1972 and hadn't been ridden in about 30 years. I dug it out of the basement and spent about a week cleaning and greasing and oiling and cleaning and shining it up. And did I mention cleaning? Little wonder the poor thing hadn't been shifting well when I tossed it in storage :eek:

It's all original except the tires - those were too far gone to save. It's a 25" frame and is a little too big for me but I make it work. May I present my 1972 Fuji S10-S Special Road Racer:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...acer/fuji4.jpghttp://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...lroadracer.jpg

Sweet, welcome to the forum.

bozzle73 08-18-14 05:18 PM

Thanks! You have no idea how glad I am I found this place! I've been getting ready to try and adjust the front derailleur on this bike and stumbled across the posts on cross chaining, which I do all the time :twitchy: . Hey, it's got 10 gears, I'm gonna use them ALL! No, really, I thought it was a flaw in my setup. I'm learning.

hadaiwai 08-20-14 02:00 PM

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cp4wph.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/jpd6wg.jpg
All cleaned up!

I purchased the KIA on craigslist for $100. It was all rusty but now it looks new again.

Made in Korea. 1896

DavidKotzebue 08-22-14 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gonna take this for an inaugural ride tomorrow. http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=401060

oddjob2 08-24-14 09:57 AM

Bought just over a year ago, finally completed. I may swap the saddle for a black B-67.

Before
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1fb0n0kna3y...54.05.jpg?dl=0

After - SKS fenders, Brooks B17 Honey, cork style grips, Kenda cream tires 38cm.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8uuqlua1byz...0XO-5.JPG?dl=0

Wythnail 08-24-14 01:31 PM

I'm normally not into cream tire, but that looks great Oddjob2!

About to look for fenders, the SKS have a nice low profile. decisions...

kroozer 08-24-14 06:43 PM

1968-69 Lejeune.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/476463...7645827637489/

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3877/...9973ef6f_c.jpg

kroozer 08-24-14 06:47 PM

Another summer project, 1983 Guido Messina. Like the Lejeune, I bought the frame here on BF.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/476463...7645823476337/

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5558/...35a8e75c_c.jpg

Rabbs 08-31-14 03:27 AM

is 1993 too young? Got this new and rode the wheels off it as a younger man. Pulled it out of the shed today and not being ridden for near on 15 years it is a bit worse for wear. It really needs a new drive train, tyres and tape. Have to decide if I stump up for that or to put that money into sometime that suits me better as a middle aged man.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5574/...9568749d_o.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/...2ce65fc1_o.jpg

Regards,

jet sanchEz 08-31-14 10:53 AM

Probikekit.com is a good site for buying the essentials like bar tape, tyres, cables and chains, their prices are quite good and the shipping is quick. I'd suggest you swap in a shorter stem with a bit of a rise to it and put some miles on the bike, it looks like it is adequately equipped, you just need to adjust the fit a bit.

MidnightMaraud 08-31-14 04:19 PM

This was taken during my first century. The red Marinoni is my whip.

http://s12.postimg.org/67u6x86y5/badlands.jpg

mattheis 09-15-14 08:46 AM

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...ps58142f18.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...ps568f022e.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...psc51a068c.jpg

due ruote 09-15-14 08:52 AM

Kroozer, nice bikes! The dock looks a little wet - did you have to retrieve one of the bikes after the photo session?

jared1212 09-24-14 10:50 PM

Just picked up this 1983 Specialized Expedition up from the original owner a couple days back. New tires, tape, and brake hoods so far. I'll add more photos as she progresses, hunting for the right Brooks saddle now...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s6ff6731a.jpeg

smontanaro 09-25-14 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared1212 (Post 17160530)
Just picked up this 1983 Specialized Expedition up from the original owner a couple days back. New tires, tape, and brake hoods so far. I'll add more photos as she progresses, hunting for the right Brooks saddle now...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s6ff6731a.jpeg

Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!

Airburst 09-25-14 04:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure if I can call this a "ride" at the moment, it's in bits, but here's my Peugeot Orient Express. Not sure on the year, all I know is it's from before '86 on account of it having the lugged fork as opposed to the unicrown one.

I'm aware that I've committed a great heresy by repainting it, but both the original gold paint and the blue spray-bomb someone had done over the top before I got it were in such bad condition that rust was taking hold in a big way. I set about it with a paint scraper and some sandpaper, and stripped back as much as I could before I applied Hammerite anti-rust, then sprayed the colour over the top.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=408317

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=408318

The fork has since been lacquered like the frame to protect that lovely blue finish, and it's going to sit around for a few months while I'm back at university. I'll most likely build it back up at christmas.

vann 09-26-14 06:19 PM

An eighties Scapin
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...6_edited-1.jpg

Trek 410
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...n/DSC01326.jpg

Gazelle
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...n/DSC00717.jpg

RC Mech 10-08-14 07:29 PM

Supercycle
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hi Gals and Gents, first post here.

Here's a 197? Supercycle my grandfather gave me out of one of his sheds, where it previously sat for many years. First photo is how I got it a few weeks ago.

Second photo is what it looks like after a few days of fiddling. Generous cleaning, feather original paint, 3 coats of acrylic enamel clear, repaint galvanised clips etc. I was going to spray weld the crank bearing seats and re-turn, but I actually wanted to ride it this year...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=410799
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=410800

Lamplight 10-10-14 06:42 PM

^^Wow, nice work sprucing that one up! Looks so classy.

Nothing really new about my Univega, I just took a picture on my morning commute yesterday that I really like. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psac959807.jpg

b dub 10-10-14 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Mech (Post 17200303)
Hi Gals and Gents, first post here.

Here's a 197? Supercycle my grandfather gave me out of one of his sheds, where it previously sat for many years. First photo is how I got it a few weeks ago.

Second photo is what it looks like after a few days of fiddling. Generous cleaning, feather original paint, 3 coats of acrylic enamel clear, repaint galvanised clips etc. I was going to spray weld the crank bearing seats and re-turn, but I actually wanted to ride it this year...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=410799
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=410800

Very nice Supercycle. Since it's a rebranded Raleigh you can look up the serial number to find out the year it is made.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.