about my Campy brake set.
Long story short, I got overconfident and bid on a set of used Chorus brakes. Showed up with no barrel adjusters and a frozen, stripped out cable anchor bolt on the front brake (which explains the crappy photos with the listing.)
Today I tried to free the bolt by cutting a slot across the top, to go at it with a flathead screwdriver. No joy. Thinking the bolt may be frozen to the plate, I attacked the seam between them. Now the aluminum plate has apparently fused with the bolt.
At least the rear brake works and is in good shape. I can always try to find another front brake.
I'll get over it. Just needed to vent.