Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My Bikes
    Cinelli, Paramount, Raleigh, Carlton, Zeus, Gemniani, Frejus, Legnano, Pinarello, Falcon
    Posts
    5,775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I didn't win a frame on ebay last night

    Thank God; I have too much stuff as it is!

  2. #2
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a snipe in for a frameset the other day. I cancelled my snipe about a half hour before it ended. I just wasn't ready to hear, "Justin! Did you buy ANOTHER bike!?" when my wife found it on the porch.

    I did win this little guy, though.
    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member rootboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sand Spit East
    Posts
    13,047
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "JUSTIN! ...did you buy another head tube badge?"

  4. #4
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She thought the last one was really cool. I bought a Gazelle badge that came from the Netherlands and she found the addressing pretty comical as "United States" was in Dutch. She also thinks it's funny to pronounce "Nederland". What can I say? She's easily amused.
    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My Bikes
    Cinelli, Paramount, Raleigh, Carlton, Zeus, Gemniani, Frejus, Legnano, Pinarello, Falcon
    Posts
    5,775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free shipping!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    I had a snipe in for a frameset the other day. I cancelled my snipe about a half hour before it ended. I just wasn't ready to hear, "Justin! Did you buy ANOTHER bike!?" when my wife found it on the porch.
    My wife disovered my last frame purchase in my closet where I had stashed it between 2 suits. They look everywhere.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    My wife disovered my last frame purchase in my closet where I had stashed it between 2 suits. They look everywhere.
    Haha!
    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member rootboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sand Spit East
    Posts
    13,047
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Head badges are easier to smuggle in past their keen radar. I think mine has infra red, magnetic resonance imaging software built in.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My Bikes
    Cinelli, Paramount, Raleigh, Carlton, Zeus, Gemniani, Frejus, Legnano, Pinarello, Falcon
    Posts
    5,775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canam73 View Post
    My wife disovered my last frame purchase in my closet where I had stashed it between 2 suits. They look everywhere.
    Hmm, I've had a frame that was hiding in the basement for a few months sitting in my work stand the last week and my wife hasn't even commented. I find keeping them in parts makes them harder to count!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Haunchyville
    Posts
    6,342
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakl View Post
    Hmm, I've had a frame that was hiding in the basement for a few months sitting in my work stand the last week and my wife hasn't even commented. I find keeping them in parts makes them harder to count!
    N+1,

    Where N is to impossible to determine.

  11. #11
    Senior Member jptwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jamaica Plain, MA
    My Bikes
    Boulder AllRoad67cm; 1990 Nobilette 65cm;Fuji S12-S LTD 63cm; xtracycle; panasonic gran tourer 68cm
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    I had a snipe in for a frameset the other day. I cancelled my snipe about a half hour before it ended. I just wasn't ready to hear, "Justin! Did you buy ANOTHER bike!?" when my wife found it on the porch.

    I did win this little guy, though.
    best part about that link is the quote from the seller. and what an awesome Dutch/Indonesian name!
    ABOUT ME:
    MY NAME IS KLEMENS CYRILLUS KESIN NIRON, I WAS BORN IN FLORES INDONESIA IN 1983, AND NOW MY HEART IS ARRESTED BY A BEAUTIFUL JOGJA WOMAN (ABSOLUTELY MY LOVELY WIFE) SO IT LEADS ME TO LIVE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY (BUT STILL NO JOB FOR ME T_T )....WE ARE ROMAN CATHOLIC, SO I START TO BUILD MY BUSINESS SELLING VINTAGE BICYCLE PARTS, UNIQUE ART & HANDICRAFT FROM JOGJAKARTA ON EBAY... AND FOR ALL WHO PURCHASE MY STUFF: "THOUSANDS OF THANKS FROM ME.... YOU ARE EVERYTHING.."

  12. #12
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I sent the guy $15 with the assumption that this is a scam. Even at my relatively young age I forget just about everything so if the badge does indeed show up, well, yay. If nothing else, for $15 I received "thousands of thanks".
    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  13. #13
    Senior Member due ruote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    Yeah, I sent the guy $15 with the assumption that this is a scam. Even at my relatively young age I forget just about everything so if the badge does indeed show up, well, yay. If nothing else, for $15 I received "thousands of thanks".
    You know, assuming it shows up, it's only a matter of time until you feel you need the frame to go with it.

  14. #14
    Since 1938... JunkYardBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northwestern NJ
    Posts
    6,209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jptwins View Post
    best part about that link is the quote from the seller. and what an awesome Dutch/Indonesian name!
    ABOUT ME:
    MY NAME IS KLEMENS CYRILLUS KESIN NIRON, I WAS BORN IN FLORES INDONESIA IN 1983, AND NOW MY HEART IS ARRESTED BY A BEAUTIFUL JOGJA WOMAN (ABSOLUTELY MY LOVELY WIFE) SO IT LEADS ME TO LIVE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY (BUT STILL NO JOB FOR ME T_T )....WE ARE ROMAN CATHOLIC, SO I START TO BUILD MY BUSINESS SELLING VINTAGE BICYCLE PARTS, UNIQUE ART & HANDICRAFT FROM JOGJAKARTA ON EBAY... AND FOR ALL WHO PURCHASE MY STUFF: "THOUSANDS OF THANKS FROM ME.... YOU ARE EVERYTHING.."
    What's with the bit about being Roman Catholic? Trying to distance himself from our Muslim, Indonesian born president?

  15. #15
    Senior Member rootboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sand Spit East
    Posts
    13,047
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trying to curry favor with the Pope so he can snag that anniversary Colnago the pontiff has and part it out.

  16. #16
    rhm
    rhm is offline
    multimodal commuter rhm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ, NYC, LI
    My Bikes
    1940s Fothergill, 1948 Raleigh Record Ace, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1972 Fuji Finest, 1983 Trek 720, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...
    Posts
    12,717
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    If nothing else... I received "thousands of thanks".
    Cool! That (and $15) should buy you a nice headbadge.

    Should. Yes, I said should.

  17. #17
    Senior Member ColonelJLloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    8,196
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by due ruote View Post
    You know, assuming it shows up, it's only a matter of time until you feel you need the frame to go with it.
    I had enough sense to start with the bike. I'm going to go in a different direction with this one.

    Bikes on Flickr
    I prefer email to private messages. You can contact me at justinhughes@me.com

  18. #18
    Senior Member CrankyFranky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S. New England
    My Bikes
    Enough bikes...for today!
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootboy View Post
    Trying to curry favor with the Pope so he can snag that anniversary Colnago the pontiff has and part it out.
    I think there's a novena for that.
    '69 Raleigh Sports, '72 Atala Record Pro, '82 Stan Pike (made for me!), '08? Serotta Legend Ti

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,729
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakl View Post
    Thank God; I have too much stuff as it is!
    I lost one by 2 cents yesterday. One penny would have tied, the second would have won. I am very sure it was only by that much as the typical bid increment at the price level was more, and due to the timing.

    That is okay.

  20. #20
    no one cares -holiday76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYCadelphOrnia
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bikes are stupid.

    in any event, i have enough of these ******** items that my wife doesnt usually realize when a new one shows up.
    I prefer emails to private messages - holiday76@gmail.com
    Jack Taylor Super Tourist, Jack Taylor Super Tourer Tandem, Jack Taylor Tour of Britain, Px-10, Raleigh Portage, Carlton Flyer,Fuji The Finest, Bianchi Squadra, Voodoo Cross, Santa Cruz Tallboy, Cetma Largo, Riv Betty Foy (wife's), Gitane 500A Mini Racer (sons).

  21. #21
    Can'tre Member 3alarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,location, location...
    My Bikes
    old ones
    Posts
    9,903
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
    . She also thinks it's funny to pronounce "Nederland". What can I say? She's easily amused.
    You have accidentally discovered the key to a lasting relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Your friends on FB are very different than mine.

  22. #22
    Can'tre Member 3alarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    ,location, location...
    My Bikes
    old ones
    Posts
    9,903
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakl View Post
    Hmm, I've had a frame that was hiding in the basement for a few months sitting
    in my work stand the last week and my wife hasn't even commented. I find keeping them in parts makes them harder to count!
    Fascinating. I, too, have recently discovered this. I suspect it
    will contribute to my eventual ruin. I just really am not up to
    another divorce at this point in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Your friends on FB are very different than mine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •