The saddle had some noticeable sag near the back edge. The previous owner had also applied a lot of reflector stickers that had kind of fused to the rails. I didn't think the saddle would be usable in its found condition, so I dissembled the rails and mounting hardware completely. Then I soaked the leather portion in a bucket of water for about 12 hours. Meanwhile, I polished all the alloy parts. After the leather had soaked, I gave it a pat dry and reassembled the saddle. I then stuffed a rag between the leather and the rails to help flatten the top of the saddle as it dried. I let it slowly dry on its own for several days and applied some proofide. The saddle has retained its stiffness, despite not yet having tightened the adjustment bolt. The saddle does have some minor cracks along the sides, but I'm happy with its current condition and to have given it a new life.