Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-14, 09:22 PM   #1726
crandress 
Senior Member
 
crandress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dubuque, IA
Bikes: Mercian Vincitore, Bridgestone MB3, Specialized Globe "comfort bike"
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bummer, I used a new box too, though it was about 25 lbs.
__________________
Chris
crandress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 09:33 PM   #1727
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The box looked new, it must have had a hard trip to me. I'm going to make a judgement call here and toss a couple of junk/broken things, but I will replace them with some nice crap.
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-14, 11:50 PM   #1728
BluesDaddy 
I got 99 projects
 
BluesDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hills of Central NH
Bikes:
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sign me up, please. It's been a couple years.
BluesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 12:15 AM   #1729
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotharpunc View Post
I'm going to make a judgement call here and toss a couple of junk/broken things, but I will replace them with some nice crap.
Hold up, please - take some photos of what was broken and post them. There may be someone a person or two down the line that could use part of the broken parts. Let upcoming recipients decide.

Lately there've been a number of comments asking where all the good stuff is going. I'd hate to think it's disappearing under the guise of "nobody wants this anyway" or "it was broken anyway". This game was designed to be transparent to a certain degree; the rules requiring showing a pic of the box opened, as received, and the parts removed were established for a reason.

So, in the spirit of transparency, show us whatchoo got

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 05:17 AM   #1730
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude View Post
Hold up, please - take some photos of what was broken and post them. There may be someone a person or two down the line that could use part of the broken parts. Let upcoming recipients decide.

Lately there've been a number of comments asking where all the good stuff is going. I'd hate to think it's disappearing under the guise of "nobody wants this anyway" or "it was broken anyway". This game was designed to be transparent to a certain degree; the rules requiring showing a pic of the box opened, as received, and the parts removed were established for a reason.

So, in the spirit of transparency, show us whatchoo got

DD
No Worries DD, I wanted to get the box repacked ASAP since I might be able to have a minute to get it sent back out today. I did a closer inspection and the only thing that was really badly broken was a Schwinn generator headlight, I'll post a pic with the other pics I send, but the lens was in a million pieces and the light housing was flattened. I took that out and refilled the box to the point I had to fight to close it.

I actually have a lot more crap I'd be happy to pass along, i don't have the logistical skills, but if someone could figure out a way to keep two boxes moving, I'd volunteer to fill a second box.
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 05:38 AM   #1731
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 09:21 AM   #1732
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotharpunc View Post
I actually have a lot more crap I'd be happy to pass along, i don't have the logistical skills, but if someone could figure out a way to keep two boxes moving, I'd volunteer to fill a second box.
It seems we hear that a lot - that people have more to put in than take out! I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to how we might be able to run two boxes at one time? I'm at a loss for an answer myself. I think it would be confusing to a certain extent, especially as we've had the odd person or two (or three - and a couple real losers!) for whom it seemed the basic rules were difficult enough to understand/follow

However, I'm open to suggestions. But remember, although the BOC is meant to be a give/take, the box is simply too small to accept everything anyone wants to get rid of. Thank God for co-ops, right?

Hey, I hope you didn't forget to snag your BOC decal (they should be in the manila envelopes).

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 09:29 AM   #1733
SJX426 
Senior Member
 
SJX426's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Alexandria, Va
Bikes: '72 Motobecane Le Champion(totaled), '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '94 Burley Duet, '88 Pinarello Tre Cime, '88 Masi Gran Corsa, '91 Pinarello Montello, '97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster
Posts: 4,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Could segregate into two boxes by part category. Drive train (pedal, crank, bb, chain, cogs, Dr's, shifters) vs other or basic (drive train, brakes, post, stem, levers) vs accessories (computers, lights, skewers, toeclips, straps, bar tape, etc.). That way if you are interested in a particular category of parts, you can be on the thread for that box A(accessories) or B (basics), which would circulate more quickly.

BTW: Too bad racks and handlebars don't fit!

Last edited by SJX426; 02-19-14 at 09:33 AM.
SJX426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 09:32 AM   #1734
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai
 
RaleighSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: STS
Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Tempo, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans
Posts: 6,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Unfortunately we do not have another DD, so I don't think a second box is really viable.. now if someone wants to volunteer to run another thread to run another box.. I'd suggest you look through the history of this thread and it's predecessors and see just how much DD has dealt with to keep this puppy alive.

I've also seen the box pre the "crappiness" as well as what people have been picking. I gotta say from watching I think some peoples idea of what they're getting is still tinted with rose colored glasses when it last left here there was a lot of 60's/70's/early 80's low-mid-mid high stuff in there, 3 speed parts, french bike parts, I think I saw most of a light action drivetrain.. now the next person after me was building up a nice road bike(late 80's if I remember right), obviously he was going to pass on the majority of stuff in there since it didn't fit with his build..( He did however grab something I'd left in the box with him in mind) but some of the comments I've seen since then are totally asinine given the game we're playing.. it's a box of vintage bike parts that we all willing throw parts into. Like DD keeps saying it's a potluck and we need people to recognize they may not get anything they want, but what they do get is to participate in this great game we've all gotten the privilege of playing.
RaleighSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 09:51 AM   #1735
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy View Post
Sign me up, please. It's been a couple years.
Wecome back - you're in!

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 09:57 AM   #1736
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSport View Post
... now if someone wants to volunteer to run another thread to run another box..
I nominate you

RS makes great points here; I don't think I need to expound as he's hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Another BOC thread, maybe then? We designate this one as the hubs, brakes, post, stem, levers and the other as pedal, crank, bb, chain, cogs, derailleurs, shifters?

Any takers? And another good point RS makes: do review this thread in its entirety before you sing out - you may be glad you did. Cat-herding skillz are a must!

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:02 AM   #1737
awfulwaffle 
Senior Member
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Novi, MI
Bikes: Franken-mountain bike, mid-90s Performance TR1000, 1990 Cannondale ST400
Posts: 532
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJX426 View Post
BTW: Too bad racks and handlebars don't fit!
I managed to get a pair of aero bars to fit, you just gotta be creative! May or may not have been the reason I could barely get the post office to accept the box, though.
awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:06 AM   #1738
sloar 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Elwood Indiana
Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this
Posts: 4,072
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
dd, can i get added to the list?
__________________
Semper fi
sloar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:11 AM   #1739
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai
 
RaleighSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: STS
Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Tempo, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans
Posts: 6,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oh and put me back on the merry-go-round, I'm consolidating and reducing these days.

As for splitting components into two groups and two boxes.. even worse idea IMO, now if someone wanted to create a "high end" one, where the participants must show what they put in, what they take out, have a quality level standard that might satisfy the wants of some of the participants of this game.. however I think it also would create a game that wasn't very much fun and people would get even angrier.. not to mention imagine a box of campy walking out of the game instead of a randomly filled one?

Oh and I refuse to volunteer, I try to make my contribution with the decals and by helping you any way I can DD.

Edit:

Box Damage: I've seen many times now how badly it gets mangled in transport so I'm going to list what I do to "tape" up the box.

1: Secure the top bottom flaps together with packing tape, then their outside edges to the box itself, repeat with the bottom set of flaps as well. Then move around the outside bottom edge one half of the tapes width on the bottom one half on top, be sure to fold the corners so they tuck into the tape and won't get caught on a conveyor belt etc.

2: Repeat step 1 but on the top flaps. (more than likely putting a lot of weight onto the top so the box achieves "flatness"/non rejection at the post office.

3: I like to then apply tape on the corners, half the width on each side and I will usually alternate crossing the corners together by traveling either on the top edge or bottom edge of the box, further reinforcing the flap tape.

4: I have been known to also pretty much wrap the whole box besides the top in extra tape as well.. we are talking about 20+ lbs of metal in a flimsy cardboard box after all.

Last edited by RaleighSport; 02-19-14 at 10:32 AM.
RaleighSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:33 AM   #1740
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSport View Post
Oh and I refuse to volunteer, I try to make my contribution with the decals and by helping you any way I can DD.
Yeah, I was kidding of course - you've done more than your fair share on this one already! If there's a BOX2, it needs to be run by some new blood

I've added both you and sloar back into the mix.

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:34 AM   #1741
sloar 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Elwood Indiana
Bikes: they change so much I'm tired of updating this
Posts: 4,072
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
thank you dd...
__________________
Semper fi
sloar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 07:15 PM   #1742
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BoC was sent out to GordoTrek Thursday evening
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 07:25 PM   #1743
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude View Post
Yeah, I was kidding of course - you've done more than your fair share on this one already! If there's a BOX2, it needs to be run by some new blood

I've added both you and sloar back into the mix.

DD
I'd be happy to fill a second box and pay to send it off to the first person in line, but beyond that I don't have enough time right now to log on consistently to keep everything updated.

Rather than two boxes that have somewhat seperate categories, I think it would be more fun to leave the crapshoot system the way it is and just rotate them. i'dsuggest some sort of a system where whoever gets the box just sends it to the next person in line, than whoever has the second boxsends it to the person who is second to next in line. This would require some high degree of communication or organization though.
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 07:44 PM   #1744
BluesDaddy 
I got 99 projects
 
BluesDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hills of Central NH
Bikes:
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Let's not reinvent the wheel. We are a bunch who like to do things the old way, right?
BluesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 07:46 PM   #1745
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai
 
RaleighSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: STS
Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Tempo, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans
Posts: 6,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy View Post
Let's not reinvent the wheel. We are a bunch who like to do things the old way, right?
Yuuup!

Oh and I promised #awfulwaffle I'd post this up

(Brifters from my last haul)
RaleighSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 10:39 PM   #1746
rotharpunc
BEHOLD! THE MANTICORE!
 
rotharpunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 54914
Bikes:
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDaddy View Post
Let's not reinvent the wheel. We are a bunch who like to do things the old way, right?
no reinventing on my mind, but a lot of us have more stuff we would like to give, and it would let more people play, or play more often
rotharpunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 11:08 PM   #1747
Lascauxcaveman 
Senior Member
 
Lascauxcaveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Bikes: A green one, "Ragleigh," or something.
Posts: 4,186
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
We could have Box o' Crap East and Box o' Crap West, and then at the end of the year have a playoff to determine the The Box o' Crap Champions, or the Crap Bowl. Or the SuperCrap Bowl. (Anything but BCS.)

(Sorry, I guess I'm still all excited about the Seahawks thing!)
__________________
● 1971 Grandis SL ● 1972 Lambert Grand Prix frankenbike ● 1972 Raleigh Super Course fixie ● 1972 Peugeot UE-18 Mixte ● 1980 Apollo "Legnano" ● 1982 Bianchi Limited ● 1983 Nishiki Landau ● 1984 Peugeot Vagabond ● 1985 Trek 600 ● 1985 Shogun Prairie Breaker ● 1985 Raleigh Elkhorn ● 1986 Univega Nuovo Sport ● 1986 Merckx Super Corsa ● 1987 Schwinn Tempo ● 1990 Cannondale ST600 ● 1993 Rleigh Technium ● 1996 Kona Lava Dome ● And a Bike to Be Named Later ●
Lascauxcaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 11:34 PM   #1748
Drillium Dude 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Drillium Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sultan, WA
Bikes: 73 Colnago Super, 78 Medici, 79 Dennis Sparrow, 80 Alpina, 81 Bill Davidson custom, 83 Colnago Mexico, 85 Somec Super Corsa, 85 Spinella (Olympia), 02 Bill Davidson custom
Posts: 6,882
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotharpunc View Post
I'd be happy to fill a second box and pay to send it off to the first person in line, but beyond that I don't have enough time right now to log on consistently to keep everything updated.

Rather than two boxes that have somewhat seperate categories, I think it would be more fun to leave the crapshoot system the way it is and just rotate them. i'dsuggest some sort of a system where whoever gets the box just sends it to the next person in line, than whoever has the second boxsends it to the person who is second to next in line. This would require some high degree of communication or organization though.
Therein lies the rub: finding time for cat-herding

I admit it's been challenging keeping this thing going - and I wouldn't have stood a chance without plenty of help along the way, notably RS who has kickstarted a couple reboots and of course designed/implemented our own special BOC decal. But we're only a month away from the Box's 2nd birthday, so...

Because of some past issues, I think adding a second box would bring extra confusion. I'll admit I'd have a hard time keeping track of who had which box and who was to receive it. I could just see one member ending up receiving both boxes and another member wondering where his/her box was!

RS made a good point about reading through all 70 pages: note how often BOC gamers had to be reminded of the simple stuff, like taking pics and posting! Adding more rules/regulations to the mix? I'd end up only one or two steps from the looney bin

Cat-herding skills aside, the original idea has always been to simply give a little/take a little. While I appreciate those that want to make large parts contributions, there are other ways to pass along a bunch of parts (heck, I once gave away - for the price of shipping - around 30 jerseys in my early days on this forum by starting a "Free Schwag" thread); given the size limitation we have, the BOC really isn't it.

DD
__________________
My Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30331021@N08/

Drillium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 09:50 AM   #1749
brandenjs
WV is not flat..
 
brandenjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charles Town,Wv.
Bikes: 1 away from divorce!
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am anxiously awaiting the box to come my way. I'm only a few people away. What I can see being a problem(and not a major problem) is that most of us on here are probably more apt to put more stuff back in than they take. That is just the generosity I see in most people on this thread. For myself I can see me wanting to do the same thing. Thus we have the bulging box problem. And again in my world that is not a problem because of the great nature of all of you. I have seen some great things moved along in the "Pay it forward" thread if anyone just has the need to find someone that needs some help with a project.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...Pay-it-forward
brandenjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-14, 09:55 AM   #1750
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai
 
RaleighSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: STS
Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Tempo, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans
Posts: 6,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude View Post
Therein lies the rub: finding time for cat-herding

I admit it's been challenging keeping this thing going - and I wouldn't have stood a chance without plenty of help along the way, notably RS who has kickstarted a couple reboots and of course designed/implemented our own special BOC decal. But we're only a month away from the Box's 2nd birthday, so...

Because of some past issues, I think adding a second box would bring extra confusion. I'll admit I'd have a hard time keeping track of who had which box and who was to receive it. I could just see one member ending up receiving both boxes and another member wondering where his/her box was!

RS made a good point about reading through all 70 pages: note how often BOC gamers had to be reminded of the simple stuff, like taking pics and posting! Adding more rules/regulations to the mix? I'd end up only one or two steps from the looney bin

Cat-herding skills aside, the original idea has always been to simply give a little/take a little. While I appreciate those that want to make large parts contributions, there are other ways to pass along a bunch of parts (heck, I once gave away - for the price of shipping - around 30 jerseys in my early days on this forum by starting a "Free Schwag" thread); given the size limitation we have, the BOC really isn't it.

DD
This ^^^ plus this that follows is pretty spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandenjs View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the box to come my way. I'm only a few people away. What I can see being a problem(and not a major problem) is that most of us on here are probably more apt to put more stuff back in than they take. That is just the generosity I see in most people on this thread. For myself I can see me wanting to do the same thing. Thus we have the bulging box problem. And again in my world that is not a problem because of the great nature of all of you. I have seen some great things moved along in the "Pay it forward" thread if anyone just has the need to find someone that needs some help with a project.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...Pay-it-forward
Like I said before though, we just flat out do not have another DD so I don't think a second box will ever really be on the board. As I understand it the true origins of this game was years ago and people just mailed each other boxes of crap all at once. Perhaps those of you who wanted another box could organize something like that for yourselves? Do it random lottery like the Secret Santa game. Still you'll need someone who's willing to organize everything and figure out all the logistics..
RaleighSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 AM.