well, i couldn't resist any longer... i snagged the Motobecane Champion Team that retyred picked up recently (When-is-a-Super-Champion-not-a-Super-Champion?)
my love of orange bikes has grown powerful in the last few years, i can hardly resist them, mainly due to people like DrilliumDude and his 1973 Colnago Super, and 2002 Davidson; rootboy is also to blame, one look at his gorgeous 1972-73 Motobecane Champion Team... thanks guys
anyway, seeing as my 1974 Colnago Super build is 99% done (only a few small details left to iron out and a full update/ride report will be posted), i figured it can't hurt to pick up another project and grail bike. i feel the "grail bike" term has been thrown around a lot lately so i'll list my reasons.
1. got to have a high end Reynolds 531 bike in the collection
2. born and raised in France, i felt the need to own something from my homeland haha
3. it's orange
4. beautifully massaged lugs, paint and lug lining
5. Campagnolo Record equipped
6. this particular bike is very original and has passed hands very quickly from the original owner, in-between owners didn't touch/restore the bike at all. all updates/modifications were done by the original owner.
anyway, here are pics as received...