650B conversion of a custom Rodriguez Race Arrowhead. I am the 3rd owner of the bike. Tubes are OX Platinum. As you can see the bike is a little bit of the "French Fit" style . I noticed people have been talking about different fit styles lately. It's a 2002 frame and came with a threadless fork. I wanted to blend the old and new a little bit with a quill stem and DT shifters, but using newer parts.
- DA 9s DT Shifters
- DA Long cage RD
- FSA FD
- Ultegra level generic cranks.
- Ultegra hubs laced to 650B Velocity Syngergy rims (built by me) on an 11-32 cassette. I had to reverse the B-Screw to get adequate clearance between the jockey and the cogs. These are the 32mm Maxy Fasty tires. I will switch to either B-lines or Hetres in the future. These are fine for the time being.
- MKS Grip Kings.
- Replaced the carbon fork with a TIG'd Tange Chrome fork. The old fork had some cracks around the crown... I went threaded due to a lack of silver 1" threadless stems. I am probably going to go with a different tange fork that I just picked up. It's a NOS lugged flat crown, but it lacks the fender braze-ons. Is it worth it to go with P-clamps?
- VO Grand Cru threaded cartridge headset. If you don't care about the branding, this is a GREAT headset whether it is threaded or threadless. Highly recommended.
- 3T Comp bars and stem. Will probably go with a Nitto Technomic.
- Cane Creek SCR-5 levers.
- Tektro long reach dual pivots.
- American Classic Seatpost.
- Brooks B17 Narrow.
I will choose tape as son as I decide between B17 black or B17 narrow brown (as pictured).
The frame as I got it: