Next project... 2 speed coastie? Your thoughts?
Now that I've finished up my son's bike, I'm in the planning/gathering stages for my next project. Here's the frame that I'm starting with:
(It's not rare or unusual... plenty of these old Raleighs around, so try not to get too upset about my plans. ;) )
Here's what I'm thinking. I want something very "clean" looking.
1. Downtube shifter bosses - gone.
2. Top tube cable guides - gone.
3. Chainstay derailleur cable stop - gone.
4. Strip frame and powdercoat in cream/offwhite color.
5. Fork is bent - replace with chrome fork.
6. GB Randonneur bars and GB stem. (Already have)
7. Stitch-on brown elkhide bar "tape".
8. Brown brooks saddle.
9. Some kind of "track" (single chainring) crankset. (I'm open to suggestion for a good British crankset)
10. SRAM 2 speed automatix coaster brake hub.
11. Vintage high flange front hub.
12. VO PBP polished rims.
13. 700x28 tires
Thoughts and/or ideas?