I have a UO8 which I love to ride, but I love my child more
I've got an Hamax Disocovery 101 front mounted bike seat, which attacheds to the head tube of the bike frame using a metal clamp
It mounts like this: http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/ac...s/bikeseat.jpg
I'd like to mount it on my UO8
- I've already converted to a flat bar with appropriate brake levers
- Front wheel is a new aluminum 27"er
- I'd have to remove the headbadge (riveted 3D version - so drilling will be fun)
- The downtube shifters may not have full range anymore (I don't shift much - maybe I should go SS/FG O_o)
- My kid will probably be about 20+lbs torqued onto the head tube.
I've never seen anybody with a vintage bike like this and a child mounted on it, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or if there are any concerns I should be aware of.
I plan to use it for short rides on paved park paths around the city - ocasionally on a gravel path or the road. I don't want to wreck the bike or my kid